Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-24-2019, 12:20 AM   #11
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Harley - not of fan of her portrait. This is really subjective but she looks a bit creepy to me. I also heard she has serious bending issue.

Joker - Own it. I usually don’t collect many villains, but this one was a must. Easily the best joker statue and that includes all the scale. This might be the only joker statue I will own.

Supergirl - same as Harley. Not a fan of the portrait.

Wonderwoman - Own it. gorgeous and love that this one comes with a lot of Switchouts. The seam is not a deal breaker and most of the time, it is not noticeable. But, it would still have been better without it.

Superman - Pretty ok. Not a fan of the character or the statue to pick it up tho.

Martian manhunter - looks amazing. Might pick it up along the road. But, it is not on my priority list.

Batman - looks great. The ES is big and I don’t see the EX as must so I am not in a hurry to pick it up. I will pick it up once Robin ships.

Robin - on PO via TH. Great that we can finally see Dynamic duo in a quality statue. I really can’t wait to display him side by side with batman. I am a big fan of Dick Grayson so this one was a no brainer.

Donna Troy - Own it. She was the character that got me into tweeterhead. I was so surprised when it was announced that she was going to be made into a statue. She also look gorgeous! I actually think she looks better than wonderwoman statue.

Catwoman - on order via SS. Never seen a statue of catwoman in this costume. That reason alone is enough to pick it up. I am still a bit disappointed that this one has very noticeable seam.

Starfire - on order via SS. gorgeous. Gorgeous. Best starfire statue ever and I feel like this one is one of the few statue that gives the character justice.

Batgirl - love her too. But, I am personally not a big fan of the shade of colors they went with. I will still pick her up eventually.

Green lantern - looks good but not interested in the character.

Cheetah - love her. Will eventually get her as a companion piece to wonderwoman

Shazam & Black Adam - Not interested.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:02 AM   #12
nearmint
Phoenix

Just read through this thread and realized that I never ordered Cheetah. Ordered!
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:38 AM   #13
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Just read through this thread and realized that I never ordered Cheetah. Ordered!
Good call!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #14
FJC
Midnighter

If you like a classic look to your 1/6 scale DC collection, this line is a collectors wet dream. It reminds me very much of what Bowen Designs did with their Marvel statues back in the day. I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC fan but I'm definitely down for a few characters in this line. I already have the EX Joker and I POd the black variant Batman. The next Tweeter PO for me is a classic Perez Deathstroke whenever Tweeter gets around to it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #15
Dark Knight.
Birdman

First, I don't collect many villains which keeps me in check a little. I will probably make an exception for Darkseid though. I think Joker and Harley look great from the pics I've seen. Cheetah - Not interested. Black Adam - I like this one a lot. Catwoman - Looks good, but I'm not a fan of that costume.

Supergirl - Not my preferred look for the character so I didn't add this one.

Donna Troy - Never really was into this character but it's a great looking piece. I might regret not having this when the rest of the Titans are released.

Superman - I really like this statue and I admit that I have overlooked a lot of the negatives such as the paint issues on the belt, the cape not flush with the costume, and the slight lean.

Wonder Woman - Have this one in house and it's a solid statue but the neck seam was a negative.

Batman - Have the blue version - really great classic statue. Totally happy to have this in my collection. Had a lot of trouble getting the feet into the base though.

Martian Manhunter - My favorite statue to date. Most flawless piece all things considered. Great pose, great paint, no QC issues.

Robin - looking forward to this piece. Nice take on the classic outfit.

Batgirl - Stunning piece top to bottom. Can't wait to pair her with Batman and Robin.

Green Lantern - Looks extremely well done. One of the best I've seen. Love the construct. Can't wait to add this and then Flash and Aquaman.

Shazam - I like everything except the portraits, but I'm still down.

Starfire - Looks incredible - can't wait to have it.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #16
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
The next Tweeter PO for me is a classic Perez Deathstroke whenever Tweeter gets around to it.
I want a Perez DS so much. This is why I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and pick up Catwoman and Batgirl since DS is sometimes a Batman villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #17
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have them all so far (with the exception of the Kandor base). My thoughts in order from my most liked to least liked:

The Joker - this may be the best Joker statue ever.

Mr. Mxyzptlk - even if this weren't the only Mxyzptlk statue I've seen, I can't imagine the character being done better.

Martian Manhunter - this could not have turned out any better.

Supergirl - this statue got so much crap and I never totally got it. Ok, I get the "smile" issues when magnified, but this thing looks amazing to me. The pose is PERFECT. And I am not even a fan of this costume.

Batman - I really like it. There is something I don't LOVE about the Captain Morgan pose. Like, Superman, it's a little TOO similar to the original Sideshow PF (which I have). I don't have a good alternative pose suggestion off-hand. But, I still think it looks great, especially next to everything else.

Donna Troy - not a huge fan of the character, but I still got it. Another one that turned out perfect. Only lower on my list because the character is lower on my list.

Harley - I think she's very well done. I don't know if this is my favorite pose, but I can't say anything bad about it.

Bud and Lou - I have them and I don't know why. Oh, now I remember - I was a sucker for the exclusive (not really) riser if I ordered it with Harley/Joker (and I didn't even use the riser). My favorite part of the statue is the Batgirl doll that went with the dolls in the Joker/Harley statues. When space becomes an issue, it will probably be the first to go. That isn't a condemnation on the piece - with the exception of one of the keys not seeming to go down all the way, this is an extremely well done statue. It's just..... Bud and Lou? This is where I went too far to be a completionist.

Wonder Woman - Not that it's bad, but there is just something I don't love about it. I definitely still like it, but wouldn't say it is THE definitive Wonder Woman statue. The neck seam isn't a deal-killer even though I have all of these TH statues displayed very high. I'm glad Chad threw in all the different display options.

Superman - never really liked this much. It's not "bad". I got it because I wanted Superman displayed with the rest of them, but it is a near reproduction of the Sideshow PF that I also didn't like much. I personally do not love the pose or the flow of the cape. I would have preferred a Jose Garcia-Lopez or John Byrne influenced look rather than using the Sideshow design as "inspiration". Add in the other unfortunate issues with this one and it's my least favorite Super Powers statue by far. I can't say the corrected statue is a failure since I totally get why many would like this. It just doesn't align with my personal preference.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #18
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I have everything PO'd direct from TH, so I will go over them all in the order they were announced.

Harley Quinn - Absolutely love it. I know there are some issues with leaning over time but so far mine has not shown any signs.

Kandor and Base - Really well detailed for the size. Glad I was able to get both of them. They look great next to Superman.

Mister Mxyzptkl - Amazing detail and paint apps. This one is really a sleeper statue. Little to nothing done with him in statue form and this is by far the best. I almost passed on him but so glad I was talked into getting him.

Supergirl - Love the costume and paint apps on this one. The smile is an issue when you are within a foot or so but I really am never that close to my statues unless I am cleaning them. A a Supergirl fan it is really nice to have one in this costume.

Joker - Unlike a lot of people, this is the one I decided to buy because I wanted the "exclusive" riser for Harley. I had no intention of getting him at all until that was announced. Very glad I got him because he is superb.

Bud and Lou - I was on board with this one right away. I can't imagine having Harley without them. They look terrific.

Wonder Woman - This is the one I have the most issues with. The Exclusive bodice doesn't fit correctly, luckily I wanted to use the regular. And then "SEAMGATE". Mine is not bad but it is not great either. I have her on a high shelf and at certain angles it stands out. Not as bad as on the exclusive bodice though. That one you can slide a credit card through the slot. Looks great and has amazing paint apps until you get too close and see that gap. LOL

Superman - Looks terrific from distance, When you get closer you see the paint and cape fitment issues. I'm going to have a really hard time breaking this one when the replacements are ready.

Martian Manhunter - Beautiful statue! I doubt anyone will ever make a MM that looks as good as this one. Paint is perfect and he looks amazing!

Wonder Girl / Donna Troy. This one blows Wonder Woman away. Perfect paint, beautiful face and I love the red costume because that is the Teen Titan I grew up with. If they make a black suit variant down the road I might end up getting one but I love this one!

Catwoman - Have not gotten her in had yet. Paint looks great on the pics I have seen so far. I will hold final judgement until I get mine. The arms gaps may be an issue or they may not. This one may be another like Superman and Wonder Woman that look better at normal viewing distance than up close.

Batman (Blue and Grey) - Terrific statue. reminds me of the Neal Adams batman I grew up with. My first larger scale Batman and I do not see myself getting another one. Perfect paint apps!

Robin - Will have to wait for production pics to make a final judgement. Still not sure what the hell is going on with the Exclusive stand. Looks like it will be a very nice statue and will look great next to Batman.

Batman (Black and Grey) - I like several others PO'd this before taking ownership of the Blue and Grey version. It looks great from the in hand pictures I have seen. Not sure if I will be keeping this one since I like the Blue and Grey so much.

Starfire - Looks great but will wait to judge until there is in hand pictures.

Green Lantern - Looks great and cannot wait to get this one. Will again judge once I see in hand pictures.

Shazam - Really like the look of it and will wait for in hand pictures.

Cheetah - Looks amazing. This could be another SEAMGATE, but I will wait until in hand pics to make a final determination.

Overall I think TH is doing a great job. This is the DC Bowen-ish line I have been wanting for years. The issues I have with Wonder Woman disappear once you get more than 18" away (Other than the ill fitting Ex bodice) and Superman's issues are being corrected. I get the feeling that the Catwoman gaps will be the same and will be very hard to notice at distance.

I am really looking forward to getting a Krypto!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #19
Augen
Metal Men

I only feel fair to judge ones I own.

Harley - My favorite of the character thus far. Captures personality and love her classic costume. This one gets comments due to the jet pack. 9/10

Supergirl - I love the character and respect going different direction, but I do prefer her other costumes. I'm happy with it, but do like my others more. 7/10

Wonder Woman - Perfect classic look of the character, and tons of options (I like sword and shield) making this perhaps the best value ina statue I can think of. 10/10

Donna Troy - Flawless. Simply flawless. I cannot believe this exists every time I look at her. 10/10

Really excited to add Batgirl and Starfire (and as many more heroines as Chad will give me).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #20
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

For those I own...

Harley- Great statue, fun depiction...only issues are the somewhat sloppy cut out of the mask and the leaning problems.

Joker- instant classic...

Bud and Lou- Great companion piece for Harley and Joker

Batman (blue/grey)- Great sculpt...all around strong outing, but a little underwhelming imo...I have a feeling I might prefer the variant

The line isn't without its issues, but it's a strong start as far as artistic direction and general execution.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote