Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #91
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
The following link is a good site to see if there are known counterfeits, they even document pics of them. And the KO's are pretty sophisticated with the boxes and all now too. But you can tell the paint and eye decal application isn't as refined as a legit one. Shading it usually non-existent. The colors are a little more washed out overall. The base is more generic/less polished than the originals. The way the arm fits against the body is a clue as well. I am SUPER skeptical of anything on eBay. If it's from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Canada, I don't buy, because they are likely KO's. That's not to say that there aren't US sellers that have them too, but those origin points are predominantly counterfeits. If you look at any on eBay too, you can see a significant trend with the images as well, and you can start to get a good eye for seeing the KOs. For legit, aim for sellers in Japan or the US, and scrutinize the images. Did they use stock ones? Clearly fake? Or images of the actual item. Do they offer a version without the box in a "packet"? That's a friggin' knock off clue right there. I hope that helps.

Edit: Amazon has been flooded with them too, btw. This are harder to spot sometimes because they tend to use stock images only, and don't always show where they ship from.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/555570

Anyhoo, I can't believe that even reps for Koto didn't know about the Groovy version of Ash (stated in the Ask Koto thread), that's just nuts. That thing is gonna be hella chase.

Thank you so much for this response. This is what I needed and was looking for. Greatly appreciate the help and the URL lead!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #92
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sorry for the cell phone pics, but here she is.

Am I seeing that correctly? Is Scissorhands bigger than all of them?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #93
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Am I seeing that correctly? Is Scissorhands bigger than all of them?
No, just the angle/camera.

Chucky is slighly smaller as she's supposed to be younger/more petitie.

Ash, Freddy and Edward are all about the same size, with slight differences for pose/style (Edward has bigger hair).

Jason is slightly taller and thicker than the other girls, but to me this makes sense, since Jason was always a bigger guy in the movies.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #94
golem216
Frackin!

I found an auction on eBay of the Hot Topic exclusive. It's difficult to see, but there looks to be blood splatter on the legs like the Groovy version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Topic-E...1gs:rk:14:pf:0

Also, Hot Topic has it back in-stock, looks to be 32 left as of now. I have some Hot Cash too, but unfortunately it doesn't apply, but I bought one anyway. I'll report once I get it if it is in fact the bloody version. I choose Ship to Store to save $5, so I may not get it for a couple weeks.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/kot.../11447568.html
golem216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #95
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Good find Golem. I would have preferred the bloody variant, but at this point since I already have the original, I don't want to spend another $100. But, congrats to those that get the bloody one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #96
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem216 View Post
I found an auction on eBay of the Hot Topic exclusive. It's difficult to see, but there looks to be blood splatter on the legs like the Groovy version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Topic-E...1gs:rk:14:pf:0

Also, Hot Topic has it back in-stock, looks to be 32 left as of now. I have some Hot Cash too, but unfortunately it doesn't apply, but I bought one anyway. I'll report once I get it if it is in fact the bloody version. I choose Ship to Store to save $5, so I may not get it for a couple weeks.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/kot.../11447568.html
Excellent post Golem. Way to help out the community here with your 17th post. May like the original more if McFarlane's Movie Maniacs taught me anything it's I not gonna miss on an exclusive like this.

Transplanting this here for relevancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
Hi guys!! Happy November! Sorry for an even longer period of absence from the forums than last time. Holiday season is coming up, and we are all working like elves in Santa's factory, cranking out new products, thinking of new exclusive items for next year, etc.

Be on the look out for our new releases and re-releases in 2019!

Before I get into answering some questions from this thread, I had one question I received a lot on both Facebook and on these forums: So what's up with that bloody Ash Williams that is being offered as a Hot Topic exclusive AND at Tokyo Comic Con??

When we offer [insert store here] Exclusive Item in one country, we make sure that the aforementioned store is the only one that has the rights to sell the product in the country it is located in. So, we made a LOT of Ash Williams Groovy Ver. for Tokyo Comic Con, but we also talked to Hot Topic for the past few months to release an exclusive item in their stores, and they were interested in purchasing a few of our Groovy Ver. Hot Topic is, and will be, the only store that will offer this bloody version of Ash Williams BISHOUJO in all of North America due to the agreement we came to.
So, why didn't we advertise this more before it went into stores? ....Honestly, I have no idea. I didn't even know about it until after one of you guys sent me a photo of one you found in Hot Topic. Our North American sales team is slowly trying to get their foot into retailers in North America, so we have so many stores we are currently talking to. I made sure to talk to my boss in charge of sales to share this type of information with me so I will be able to help push it on social media in the future though...

- Gyoza
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #97
golem216
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Excellent post Golem. Way to help out the community here. May like the original more if McFarlane's Movie Maniacs taught me anything it's I not gonna miss on an exclusive like this.

Transplanting this here for relevancy.
Cool, thanks for the verification on what version Hot Topic has. I almost bought the standard one from Amazon since I had some credit there and it was $10 cheaper. Then I started reading through this thread and saw the mention of the Hot Topic one, but saw it was OOS at the time.

Then I noticed it came back in-stock today and noticed I could buy a Hot Topic egift card through Amazon and then put in my order for Hot Topic.

This is my first Bishoujo figure from Koto and am looking forward to receiving it.

Also, looks like stock is down to 30 now at Hot Topic.
golem216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #98
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem216 View Post
Cool, thanks for the verification on what version Hot Topic has. I almost bought the standard one from Amazon since I had some credit there and it was $10 cheaper. Then I started reading through this thread and saw the mention of the Hot Topic one, but saw it was OOS at the time.

Then I noticed it came back in-stock today and noticed I could buy a Hot Topic egift card through Amazon and then put in my order for Hot Topic.

This is my first Bishoujo figure from Koto and am looking forward to receiving it.

Also, looks like stock is down to 30 now at Hot Topic.
Yep me and a buddy just ordered thanks to your 17th post.

Still not 100% it is the intended exclusive because of the pics but we will see or Hot Topic will have it back.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #99
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The original version i got weeks back. Congrats to those who got the Groovy bloodier variant.

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:59 AM   #100
qz33
Doctor Doom

Man such great pictures! So many photographers here I enjoy these pics even when I own the statue.