Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-03-2021, 08:44 PM   #161
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow , were they smoking something when they did this, its not a little off, its MAJORLY off! Im so glad I didnt pull the trigger for more than one reason. I too, like many was going to display with my 4 prime statues, but now after seeing this, he looks like horribly small.

The other thing that set me off from buying it is the sculpted body. The face and silicone is amazing, really great job, but the rest of statue LOOKS very resin or polystone painted. When combining a hyper realistic silicone head with a hard painted body, it looks fake. They should of done what PRIME 1 did and have a real fabric tightly glued to the body or something like that to stop the look from being so average painted statue look. It just totally throws it off for me.

The prime statues also had problems. The superman body and costume were great but they did some dumb translucent experiment with Cavils head and no matter what lighting you have it looks HORRIBLE.

Then when you compare it to Bens Batman, the painted face was perfect and the costume even more impressive. Gal was great, they had real hair on a polystone head that turn out great and the costume was great too. Cavils was only a failure because the head looks so undetailed. I know what they were trying to do, but it didnt work. SO Batman gets the total win in that line, both versions.

But the combo of hyper real to painted body instead of costume or orther material ore even a better paint that would make it look real and not so ...........polystone, it turned me off immediately. If it had a costume like Prime did, and the right size, this would be a no brainer for fans. But now that this is size like this, of course all their other statues willl be undersized as well.

They probably did this on purpose so that when they release their Batman and superman and WW, you wont be able to skip them and display with your Prime 1 statues or it will look silly. You will have to buy there version which is a shame because those Primes were really well done except the superman head, but thats an easy fix for anyone that knows a good painter to repaint the head.

What a let down. IF it had been an inch difference, maybe you could live with that, but when WW looks like a giant compared to Auqaman, by what looks like about 3 to 4 inches, silly is an understatement.

Queen has been undersizing alot of thier products for some reason. I heard a number of fans saying the Marvel Thanos TORSO with one arm was really under sized too, and people were passing on it because of it. Its a huge peice, but I guess not huge enough, and I hate marvel and its charactors, but I respect the art and desire to have it the way its suppose to be, so I agree with them.

I wonder why Queen is undersizing some of thier products it looks like about 20%???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
So while it’s my most highly anticipated piece, I have had concerns that it’ll look undersized in comparison to my Prime 1 Trinity set, and going from this shot I found on Facebook it looks like I was maybe right to be concerned.

Attachment 136672

And while it’s believed by many that the Prime 1’s are over scaled (because of the size difference with their own Joker), I remember a few of us actually doing the math and found that the difference was barely worth mentioning.

For example Prime 1’s Batman had the following measurements of Approximately 43" tall including the base or 39.25" for just the body. So 39.25”*2.54cm*2 is 199cm. And keep in mind that Affleck’s height about 193 cm. So some of that difference but not all could probably be because of the cowl and boots.

So it looks like my Thanos bust won’t be the only undersized item in my collection from Queen Studios.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:14 PM   #162
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I’m quite certain all the Prime 1 1/2 scales use a translucent resin.

It’s just that the mixture is probably slightly different, but all of them use them to varying degrees. Actually a lot of Prime 1 statues do, including for their game and comic lines. They were first known to use the material right out of the gate with their Arkham Knight pieces. And of course the paint app on said materials also has quite an effect on the end result.

Imo the WW had the best skin tones out of the lot, whereas the Supes was lacking in those details.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:59 PM   #163
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Though going by that pic, the difference is even greater than I thought it was going to be.

By the official measurements, Batman is 109cm and the Aquaman was supposed to be 98.8cm (116.8 with Trident), but that looks more than a 10cm/4” difference.

I’ll have to go home and manually measure Bats to see if that official measurement is accurate though.

But as to Aquaman that official height was always undersized going by the actors listed height. Conservatively the statue height should’ve been about 106.5cm (actor height of 193cm/2 plus est 10cm for the base and boots etc). Maybe a bit less as he’s not exactly standing perfectly straight.
Interesting you said that about Thanos being undersized, I didn't notice until I unpacked Captain Marvel and put her beside him.
You sure that photo is legit, looks photoshopped in.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:27 PM   #164
AJ CARTER
Doh!

I believe that QS size is correct, this what they said "after calculating carefully based on the documents that DC gave us. The height of the statue without the base is around 93.4cm, and the pose is not standing straight, so 93.4 multiply by 2, the height is around 186.6cm, which we're sure is accurate with all factors taken into account" Prime can't scale properly.
AJ CARTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #165
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ CARTER View Post
I believe that QS size is correct, this what they said "after calculating carefully based on the documents that DC gave us. The height of the statue without the base is around 93.4cm, and the pose is not standing straight, so 93.4 multiply by 2, the height is around 186.6cm, which we're sure is accurate with all factors taken into account" Prime can't scale properly.
Maybe.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #166
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Interesting you said that about Thanos being undersized, I didn't notice until I unpacked Captain Marvel and put her beside him.
You sure that photo is legit, looks photoshopped in.
Nope. Not sure.

At this stage I hope it is photoshopped.

But as to Thanos, to me it was somewhat obvious that he was a tad undersized. But given the sheer physical size of the bust I more or less accepted it.

I love my Hulk, and even if there was a scaling issue with him, it didn’t matter as his size has always been somewhat variable.

I also have the Mark 50 bust, and I’ve honestly felt that he was small too. I know everyone says it’s nanotech, but I’m not sure I could even fit my head in there and I’m somewhat small in stature.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:11 AM   #167
pdenham
Teen Titans

Doesn't look like photoshop to me- too many cast shadows and reflections line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Yeah his underscaled, which is a shame. He does look to be standing a little further back on his base compared to the Prime 1 pieces, might look better if he is moved forward (or the other statues backward) so their feet align which may reduce some differences.

Also doesn't help with the base being a little shorter, although this could be fixed by placing a lifter with the same colour as the base.

Won't completely resolve the scaling issues but might close the gap a little when displayed with Prime 1 pieces.
I don't like doing team set ups in any scale.
But if I did, I would definitely not want to do them in a straight police-style line up. I'd stagger them, both in height using risers, as well as setting them at different distances in closeness to the viewers.

With this situation I'd also go counter-intuitive and set Aquaman farther back to take advantage of forced perspective.
The main thing that would suck is that he's the highest caliber piece of them all (IMO) and from farther back you couldn't appreciate him nearly as much, while any weaknesses with the others would be more easily noticed.

If it were me, I'd probably just stick each one in a different corner of the room. Problem solved.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:23 AM   #168
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Doesn't look like photoshop to me- too many cast shadows and reflections line up.

I don't like doing team set ups in any scale.
But if I did, I would definitely not want to do them in a straight police-style line up. I'd stagger them, both in height using risers, as well as setting them at different distances in closeness to the viewers.

With this situation I'd also go counter-intuitive and set Aquaman farther back to take advantage of forced perspective.
The only thing that would suck most is that I think he's the highest caliber piece of them all (IMO) and from farther back you couldn't appreciate him nearly as much, while any weaknesses with the others would be more easily seen.

If it were me, I'd just stick each one in a different corner of the room. Problem solved.
Yea good call with using risers and different displays, this will fix any scaling issues in your displays.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:30 AM   #169
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

While the scaling issue is not ideal, I also think it's unreasonable to assume that "scales" will be respected in the same way between different pieces - let alone between different companies.

I always look at "scale" as nothing more than a general indicator of the statue size, and therefore where the statue will fall within a company's pricing model.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:15 AM   #170
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
While the scaling issue is not ideal, I also think it's unreasonable to assume that "scales" will be respected in the same way between different pieces - let alone between different companies.

I always look at "scale" as nothing more than a general indicator of the statue size, and therefore where the statue will fall within a company's pricing model.
It's not unreasonable AT ALL. They should do the damn simple math and get it right, how hard is dividing by 2???? It doesn't have to come out exact, but come on, needing optical illusions to try and mask the problem is a joke.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote