Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 01-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #6011
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

A few good pieces in that HCG show yesterday. The trinity set is a good one.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #6012
FROBAY
Phoenix

http://hcgart.com/collections/youngguns2?page=2

Just picked up Skinners Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman prints. Amazing work.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:27 PM   #6013
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I got jp by Patrick Conan and one of the bttf prints, missed out on the Pixar set sadly. Not too many pieces on show but all of a good standard.
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:35 PM   #6014
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I picked up the metallic batman from skinner (the one of him standing in the rain with the moon behind him)

I bought the regular at first because all variants didn't hit the web right away. Only later did i notice it. Hopefully they refund me for the regular.

Im tempted on his city scape variants
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #6015
ReplicantSavior

You guys should check out the Mark Englert thread over on EB. It seems like the soap opera continues. The response to a post by Rob is classic.

Maybe more artists need managers or PR people. They have to realize that with all the options to communicate these days that ignoring people or posting about the other projects you are doing while people who paid for previous work are waiting is a bad idea. Especially when you are basically saying this person or company is more important.

I only have a few of his pieces. I like them a lot and still look forward to his next work. But stuff like this really puts me off. There are so many good ideas he could work on with his style. I messaged Rob once about an ICO & Shadow of the Colossus idea that would be perfect for Mark Englert. I still would like to see another shot at Neverending Story or that second Aliens concept. But the way he handles business makes me question giving him my money.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #6016
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
You guys should check out the Mark Englert thread over on EB. It seems like the soap opera continues. The response to a post by Rob is classic.

Maybe more artists need managers or PR people. They have to realize that with all the options to communicate these days that ignoring people or posting about the other projects you are doing while people who paid for previous work are waiting is a bad idea. Especially when you are basically saying this person or company is more important.

I only have a few of his pieces. I like them a lot and still look forward to his next work. But stuff like this really puts me off. There are so many good ideas he could work on with his style. I messaged Rob once about an ICO & Shadow of the Colossus idea that would be perfect for Mark Englert. I still would like to see another shot at Neverending Story or that second Aliens concept. But the way he handles business makes me question giving him my money.
Got to see that.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #6017
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Any good existing Shadow of the Colossus prints you'd recommend? Did a quick search and didn't find anything I like...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #6018
ReplicantSavior

I have the ad from the game somewhere. It's a double sided poster with the "how far will you go for love" tagline. I got it in the Gamefan magazine. The magazine itself was always a pretty worthless hype machine that gave high scores to just about anything. But they published on quality paper. So the poster is the best of what was in the magazines.

But no prints that I've seen that I really like. The Neogaf forum just did an Ico print that's so so. I like the original Japanese cover more. I wouldn't be surprised if dechirico has it. I just thought a two piece environment from both games with glow in the dark would be perfect for Mark Englert. He seems to like videogames too.

Edit - I just looked at folder full of fan art that has a few pieces I was thinking about framing for Shadow of the Colossus. But still nothing like I had in mind for a Mark Englert piece.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #6019
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Those guys are so freaking critical. Can't believe non-sub members whom are owed nothing from Mark, have to nerve to complain. That's lame.

I really don't get it. You pay for a subscription where you will receive all the prints done in the allocated time (1 year in this case). What, he should ship each one as soon as it's done? Now, I should be the most upset outta everyone, but I'm not. Not in the least bit. My Natural piece will be amazing and I have 20+ prints coming.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #6020
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
But no prints that I've seen that I really like. The Neogaf forum just did an Ico print that's so so. I like the original Japanese cover more. I wouldn't be surprised if dechirico has it. I just thought a two piece environment from both games with glow in the dark would be perfect for Mark Englert. He seems to like videogames too.
I've got lots of swag for both games, but nothing print-wise.

dechirico forum member? I think she's obviously a fan of de Chirico, but I indirectly asked about her username once and got no response. However, some time after that she wrote that she didn't like videogames, so I doubt she has anything from Ico.

Yeah, Ueda's JP cover art in de Chirico's style is quite good and perfectly fitting, no doubt.

I can't visualize what I think would make for a good Colossus print. One colossus wouldn't sum it up for me, and all 16 would be too much. Something desolate, perhaps with no colossi...but that is also heresy!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote