Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #11
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Ok, ordered the EX. Looks amazingly fun and dynamic. Gaming Heads is on a roll with it's statues. Only thing is that their value seems to be off for international customers. They seem to sell to re-sellers really cheap, so ordering of their site is immediately costing you double compared to buying from a local shop.

Ex boils down to €500 incl shipping and fees. Regular can be bought for a ridiculous €280... seems off to me.

Nonetheless, bought the ex and hope it will remain its value if I some day need to sell it. 500 pieces is pretty nice.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #12
addic
The X-Men

Thats the reason why I am going to cancel my order at Gaming Heads as soon as it is available at european retailers like gator.nl. It is MUCH cheaper to buy Gaming Heads statues at retail as long as you don't want the EX.

In this case I don't need the EX at all.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #13
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

So you as a German buy statues in the Netherlands? Not Kingplayer?

But yeah, no Ex = retail at local shop for Gaming Heads. But again, it feels like I'm being taken for my money when you look at the difference. On their site, the prices are equal, but for re-sellers, the price seems way lower.

Anyways, kinda hope they keep under the radar a bit. Feel like GH is a bit of a hidden Gem at the moment.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #14
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm in for this one! Classic Lara kicking some butt! I checked out all the pics on their website. The pose and face look great to me from all angles. She looks tough and focused which are the qualities I love about Lara. I feel sorry for who or what is on the other end of those pistols!

I love the reboot version of her character too, but just wasn't feeling the likeness on that statue. Hope they take another stab at that version for the game's sequel.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #15
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
This has a marvelous excl. instantly ordered, no brainer. Gaming heads is on a roll almost L33t Master in there vip program
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #16
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Ok, ordered the EX. Looks amazingly fun and dynamic. Gaming Heads is on a roll with it's statues. Only thing is that their value seems to be off for international customers. They seem to sell to re-sellers really cheap, so ordering of their site is immediately costing you double compared to buying from a local shop.
Great - I didn't even notice with the previous Lara Croft statue, but I see now the reg can be had for at least $70 less than I paid for it via Gaming Heads. The EX doesn't look like it held value at all given that one recently went on Ebay for $90 less than retail. To top it off, I have yet to display it with the exclusive shotgun.

I may be going for the reg on this one.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #17
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Gamingheads and F4F have the tendency to be sold cheaper on the aftermarket after release, that is true. But after while the prices of their statues skyrockets (not all, but a decent few). I'm very happy with their customer support, service and quality, so they deserve it to purchase directly with them.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #18
addic
The X-Men

@Hunter:

I buy the statues where I get the best price.

I took gator.nl as an example as I ordered Gaming Heads' lunging Kratos from them for 229,- Euro (I think) and bought the Kratos bust a few weeks ago for 339,- Euro.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #19
qz33
Rescue

Wow what a statue. The professional paint is amazing. Wish the face was cuter or had more of a resemblance to her classic look or even her face from the non Definitive Edition version of the last game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Anyways, kinda hope they keep under the radar a bit. Feel like GH is a bit of a hidden Gem at the moment.
Definitely.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #20
addic
The X-Men

I only wish their ES would be a bit lower.