Old 01-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #1001
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Glad your feeling better Orange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
I knew you were in the hospital a while back but I didn't realize that you were still having some health issues. Glad that you are doing better. Just take things easy buddy.
Thanks! much appeciated! Hopefully this will be the last health related problem I have for a long time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Hmmm I'm not digested at all I'm actually curious. I've heard of it becoming full of stones but never gave much thought to it. So they just go in and remove all the stones? Oversimplifying, but that's the gist of it? Seems like it'd be a painful relief after they're gone. I need to research more...

Oh yeah, uh...*Dark Phoenix*...yeah.

There, so that we're not too far off topic for too long, lol.
No, they just go in and take your entire gall bladder out. There is no removing stones lke that. For people that have really small stones, they can be dissolved using certain medications or flushed out using various detox methods, but once they get large, there isn't anything they can do once your gall bladder gets full of stones like this. All they can do is take out the gall bladder entirely. So basically, I no longer have a gall bladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
First thanks orangecrushed for the ebay look up. There are good deals but depends on what statues and luck etc. fair enough, your list looks good. It depends on time, and which ones I guess. But then again the PF are now at 500.00 so we may see better deals from now on compared to the 400.00 price tags.
But as the stones this gets many thinking as well. How does one get these stones? I know a few who had them. One girl was in her 20s had them removed only have to go to surgery again a month later because they missed a few. Scary thoughts.
Your gall bladder produces bile to help digested food, in partcicular foods high in fats. If you eat a lot of really fatty food, your gall bladder can actually over produce bile and that bile winds up crystallizing in the gall bladder and becoming small stones. Its very similar to how calcium oxalate stones form in your kidneys and then people wind up having Kidney stones. Anyways, over the years, those stones can get bigger and bigger.

I have never heard of surgury to remove the stones. Again, I have heard of methods and medication that cas dissolve and flush out the smaller stones, but never surgery....although I guess anything is possible these days with the advances in surgery. Still, when your gal bladder gets as bad a mine was, the only option is to remove the entire gall gladder. And there are pills you can take, kinda like the pills lactose intolerante people take when they are about to eat dairy products, that people without gall bladders can take that helps digest fatty foods. Thier basically enzyme pills.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #1002
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
this is inaccurate. It isn't ebay who protects you, it is paypal. The sold listings you provided ARE the high end of the spectrum. As I said, you can get anything SS has to offer for LESS if you know where to look - and you are still completely protected by not only paypal, but by other collectors who will provide feedback on a seller.

Like everything else, some fb groups suck while others have grown into a wonderful community.
Actually its your post that is inaccurate as yes it is eBay that protects you. It used to be called eBay's Buyer Protection Policy, but now they just refer to it as eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...guarantee.html

Quote:
eBay Money Back Guarantee

Most eBay sales go smoothly, but if there's a problem with a purchase, the eBay Money Back Guarantee ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered or get their money back.

Buyers can use the eBay Money Back Guarantee when:

*They don't receive an item
*They receive an item that doesn't match the listing description

Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn't reached, we can help.
Quote:
Purchases are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee when the following are true:

*An item isn't received or it isn't as described in the listing.

*A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines.

*The buyer made the purchase on eBay.com via checkout or an eBay invoice with one of the following payment methods:
PayPal
PayPal Credit
Credit card or debit card
The item was paid for in a single payment (including payments with PayPal Credit).

If the listing was a live auction by an auction house seller, the buyer made the purchase on eBay.com and paid by any payment method, the purchase is covered as long as the buyer provides a copy of the seller invoice and proof of payment. Items sold through Sotheby's are excluded.
Paypal also has a buyer protection policy that is completely separate from eBay as Paypal transactions can have absolutely nothing to do with eBay. So they ultimately both have protection policies, but if your a buyer on eBay and you wind having a problem like getting something that isn't as described or not getting your item, your best bet is starting a case on eBay via thier buyer protection policy, not Paypal. If you win, you will get your money back via Paypal. I have had to do this at least 50+ times in the 3-4 years alone.

And to be perfectly honest, I would still wind up going the eBay route over a route that ultimately lead to paying directy through Paypal as eBay's buyer protection policy is FAR more buyer centric than Paypal's. In fact, many sellers on eBay have complained about this in recent years, that the whole system is way too heavily weighted in favor of the buyer, which is 100% true. Sellers don't have anywhere near the protection that buyers do on eBay. Paypal is far more evenly weighted. In fact, I have lost cases on Paypal where I was clearly in the right and had it been on eBay, I would have definitely won. So again, I definitely prefer to stay with eBay over going through Paypal directly, especially when dealing with something like statues, where you can have issues with breakage. An extra $20-$30+ is worth the extra piece of mind for me, but again I almost always buy statues directly through the company anyways. At least for me, the advantages (which include the possibility of getting replacment pieces if broken, reward points, a return policy I am familiar with, getting the statue as soon as it comes out, and using payment plans like Flexpay) far outweigh saving a few bucks. Waiting and putting in the time to try and hunt down a better deal just isn't worth the time and effort to me. But to each thier own. Each person is entitled to go about buying however they see fit. For me, that is definitely buying directly though the statue companies.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #1003
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Thanks! much appeciated! Hopefully this will be the last health related problem I have for a long time!!

No, they just go in and take your entire gall bladder out. There is no removing stones lke that. For people that have really smaller stones, they can be dissolved using certain medications or flushed out using various detox methods, but once they get large, there isn't anything they can do once your gall bladder gets full of stones like this. All they can do is take out the gall bladder entirely. So basically, I no longer have a gall bladder.

Your gall bladder produces bile to help digested food, in partcicular foods high in fats. If you eat a lot of really fatty food, your gall bladder can actually over produce bile and that bile winds up crystallizing in the gall bladder and becoming small stones. Its very similar to how calcium oxalate stones form in your kidneys and then people wind up having Kidney stones. Anyways, over the years, those stones can get bigger and bigger.

I have never heard of surgury to remove the stones. Again, I have heard of methods and medication that cas dissolve and flush out the smaller stones, but never surgery....although I guess anything is possible these days with the advances in surgery. Still, when your gal bladder gets as bad a mine was, the only option is to remove the entire gall gladder. And there are pills you can take, kinda like the pills lactose intolerante people take when they are about to eat dairy products, that people without gall bladders can take that helps digest fatty foods. Thier basically enzyme pills.

Thanks great info now I'm glad I cut way down on fatty foods and cut out dairy now. Almost gone all vegetarian now and 80% raw. I know of I didn't I would most likely have cancer by now with my pass diet of all pizza, all chips, fried foods, no fast foods at all, process package foods, high sugar foods, bad cooking oils, fruit juices with no fiber, high sugar carb foods like breads, pastas, rice, can foods, and sodas. Good reality check for all of us to stay healthy by changing our diets. I see one by one of my co-workers passing away each year due to thier high fatty processed diets. Sad but true. One more just went to the hospital a few days ago for a stroke. Big guy...Glad you're ok now. Stay healthy and happy collecting.
But anyways as for DP I must say I'm kind of excited for this because the sculpt looks great. It will be a year before I will need to buy it so I have time to save up.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #1004
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Thanks great info now I'm glad I cut way down on fatty foods and cut out dairy now. Almost gone all vegetarian now and 80% raw. I know of I didn't I would most likely have cancer by now with my pass diet of all pizza, all chips, fried foods, no fast foods at all, process package foods, high sugar foods, bad cooking oils, fruit juices with no fiber, high sugar carb foods like breads, pastas, rice, can foods, and sodas. Good reality check for all of us to stay healthy by changing our diets. I see one by one of my co-workers passing away each year due to thier high fatty processed diets. Sad but true. One more just went to the hospital a few days ago for a stroke. Big guy...Glad you're ok now. Stay healthy and happy collecting.
But anyways as for DP I must say I'm kind of excited for this because the sculpt looks great. It will be a year before I will need to buy it so I have time to save up.
Yeah, I hear ya. I think everyone at one point or another had a diet like that. Honestly, we just didn't know any better back in the day. When I was young, there was no "don't eat fast food, that crap will kill you". Same with all the processed food in the stores. Basically people trusted the food companies and they totally f'ed us. They were feeding us crap that was literaly killing us. Honestly, I walk down the grocery store isles now and all that processed food doesnt even look appetizing anymore. In fact it grosses me out. All the TV dinners and microwave food. That stuff is just nasty.

The ironic thing about my case is I significantly changed my diet almost 10 years ago, largely due to passing like 30 Kidney stones in a 3-4 year period. I stopped eating fast food, although I do still get McDonalds french fries like 2-3 times a year as I absolutely love McD's french fries. On top of cutting out all fast food, we went almost completely organic. We still buy the occassional non organic food, but I woud estimate that 95% of the food we eat is organic and we get most of our vegetables and all of our meats from organic CSA farms.

So I basically changed to a MUCH healthier diet a long time ago. I make fresh organic smoothies every morning, eat at least 3-4 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables a day. I no longer drink soda pop like I used to. I might have one every couple weeks. I drink a lot of coconut water and Smart Water. We got a reverse osmosis water filter for our house and a 10 stage water filter in our kitchen that adds the good minerals back into the water. I even use organic Manuka Honey as a sweetener instead of regular cane sugar. Actually cutting back on my sugar intake was one of my key focuses as I was just eating WAY too much sugar.

So given that fact, the damage to my gall bladder (in regards to the creation of stones) was obvioulsy already done by the time I changed my diet. It just took about 10 years for it to really come full circle. Oh well, it is what it is. The difference in how I feel is pretty incredible. You just have no idea how sick a bad gall bladder can make you feel.

Stick to that healthy diet you have going on!! You will thank yourself in the long run!!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #1005
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Has to be the first time gall bladder has been discussed in the SS section...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:36 PM   #1006
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Has to be the first time gall bladder has been discussed in the SS section...
You know what they say, there is a first time for everything!
Old 01-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #1007
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Really starting to think i may need 3 of these.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #1008
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I think the regulars will sell well for the purposes of green and white customs.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #1009
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
I think the regulars will sell well for the purposes of green and white customs.
I would think the EX portrait would be more desirable for a green or white variant/custom.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #1010
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I would think the EX portrait would be more desirable for a green or white variant/custom.
So, what you are saying, is that we should all be getting at least two EXs now?
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote