Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #81
Gollum
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Just call them.

I live in Australia and called them 3 times in a week to discuss details of customization work. I did it from a mobile phone that has higher charges than a landline and the total bill was just over $10.

You use 'statues' which I assume means multiple so you've got probably $1500 of product.

Just pay a few dollars for the phone call.
Thank you so much for letting me know how much it cost for you to phone ARH I am really thankful for this information.

I will give them a call and hopefully get my statues soon
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #82
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Thank you so much for letting me know how much it cost for you to phone ARH I am really thankful for this information.

I will give them a call and hopefully get my statues soon
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not
So well done!

Are you in Australia?
If so the number you call is 0011 1 (208) 899-4038
I find that if I ring around 6am to 7am Melbourne time then they are around and pick up.
Good luck!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #83
Gollum
The Herculoids

Thank you for your help
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #84
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I will say this, if I ever decide to produce my sculpts Arahom has shown exactly what not to do.
can you be more specific...what would you do better?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:20 PM   #85
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Definitely easier on the sideline. Tough industry to do anything on a large scale unless you have the superhero and Star Wars licenses.
It's sad that Mythology simply doesn't sell very much, even Frazetta.

Level52 are badly struggling right out of the gate already. Their Odin started with a run of 300 at $750 ... a week+ later they 'listened to feedback' and it's reduced to 100 at $600.
That sort of massive panicked reduction could only mean they had pre-orders of like 25.
And I don't think their price reduction resulted in a single, 'now I've bought!' post.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #86
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Definitely easier on the sideline. Tough industry to do anything on a large scale unless you have the superhero and Star Wars licenses.

Level52 are badly struggling right out of the gate already. Their Odin started with a run of 300 at $750 ... a week+ later they 'listened to feedback' and it's reduced to 100 at $600.
That sort of massive panicked reduction could only mean they had pre-orders of like 25.
And I don't think their price reduction resulted in a single, 'now I've bought!' post.
Yeah well said!

Ah yeah this is the Fat Odin Eskimo right? I think good Mythology pieces can sell well. Not as much as Batman. But it can still sell!
They should slash the price of this Odin to $200 bucks and try get something out of this disaster of a statue.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:21 PM   #87
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah well said!

Ah yeah this is the Fat Odin Eskimo right? I think good Mythology pieces can sell well. Not as much as Batman. But it can still sell!
They should slash the price of this Odin to $200 bucks and try get something out of this disaster of a statue.
Well what SAB said is part of it, but also from there's a great deal watching this unfold, unfortunately for ARH, has tought me about Customer Interaction, Promotion, Packaging, Pitfalls of Licensing (currently I'm only doing originals and public domain based sculpts). It's unfortunate to watch but also quite revealing.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #88
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Well what SAB said is part of it, but also from there's a great deal watching this unfold, unfortunately for ARH, has tought me about Customer Interaction, Promotion, Packaging, Pitfalls of Licensing (currently I'm only doing originals and public domain based sculpts). It's unfortunate to watch but also quite revealing.
J-A-T studios.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:10 PM   #89
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
You are watching Arahom who lives and breathes it and been doing it for many many years. You sit here commenting you know it all? You do realize Arahom is your teacher? For good and bad he will always be your teacher until you actually stop watching and experience it all levels like he does! You are posting on a forum section called "ARH Studios" which only exists because of Arahom!
Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #90
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Yeah well said!

Haha I'm not that harsh on it but .......yeah.
They seem like great passionate people and I love the armor detail, paint apps and sculpts (and their ambition) but I just can't get my head around the body shape.
Is it a normal size guy in heavy winter clothing, cartoonish body proportions, or both?
It's unfortunate, I think they're unknowingly limiting the already limited mythology market.

Hopefully catgirl should do better, hitting that double of Frazetta + T&A fan bases.

But everything outside the big three license groups can struggle.
Back to ARH - They could only get 60 Tarzan Primal Rage orders out of a planned 100 for that epic beast of a dio, asking only $550. That's a well known license and a bargain relative to the current market.