Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Is an Exclusive necessary?

in the Tweeterhead Starfire thread, it was mentioned by grphyx that it was decided that an exclusive of that character they did not feel was necessary. I am wondering does an exclusive of a statue make a difference if you wish to purchase it? I did purchase both Batman and Catwoman thru Tweeterhead's site because

1)-I wanted to support him directly
2)-I like the payment plan option (I know other sites do that also)

the fact that I got exclusives are nice but they were not a selling feature for me. Even though Batman has a switch out hand, I know I will settle for one and leave the other in the box.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

For me it depends on what an exclusive adds to a piece. I'm not sure what I'd want on Starfire so I'm fine with her having only one version. Now Big Barda I really want two heads (with and without helm) so that would be a huge plus if they do that.

Tweeterhead is a special case for me because they are making my dream line of statues so I'm fine supporting them directly even if it means I miss out on possible third party sales down the line.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
stone eagle
Justice League

I would say buy what you like and if you can afford the EX version and it allows you to display the statue in a version that is pleasing to you then go for it.
For me I got the Black Widow so I could display the long haired version but have the short hair version if I change my mind later and want to switch. On a Red Sonja statue I got it so I could use the draped cloth not as a cape but to cover the severed head on the base since I don't like gore on display so in that case $10 was a good deal to me so i could display the statue in a way I wanted.
I would not buy an EX for financial reasons expecting it to increase in value over time due to a smaller production run.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

No they aren't necessary (and frankly neither are the statues). But I digress. If I don't want the exclusive then I can order the regular from my LCS and get it cheaper than through Sideshow. If I do want the exclusive then it's moot. Gotta order through Sideshow.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:18 AM   #5
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
in the Tweeterhead Starfire thread, it was mentioned by grphyx that it was decided that an exclusive of that character they did not feel was necessary. I am wondering does an exclusive of a statue make a difference if you wish to purchase it? I did purchase both Batman and Catwoman thru Tweeterhead's site because

1)-I wanted to support him directly
2)-I like the payment plan option (I know other sites do that also)

the fact that I got exclusives are nice but they were not a selling feature for me. Even though Batman has a switch out hand, I know I will settle for one and leave the other in the box.
Some exclusives make a statue worse!
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Some exclusives make a statue worse!
The no hat version of Indiana Jones ROTLA PF was stupid. Now if he had been wearing his glasses it would have been cool because it would have matched the date eating scene. Lazy exclusive. Even cooler if he had an extra hand holding some dates!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote