Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal4u2c View Post
Very good prices! It shows how much GG is over-charging on a lot of this stuff. I picked up a couple busts i had been holding out on because they were just too high. Plus if you order from GG, they charge tax no matter where you're from and their shipping charges are outrageous.
Their shipping costs are probably closer to normal. They appear 'outrageous' compared to Sideshow, as Sideshow appears to undercharge, probably because of deals they have with DHL etc and the amount of business they offer.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #22
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I contacted BBTS to see if they can confirm the address my Thor was sent too and about getting a replacement.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:52 AM   #23
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ugh.

BBTS has been no help. They still have not verified my shipping address and they asked me to go around my neighborhood and see if it was delivered somewhere else by mistake. Not sure why all of my other mail arrived OK, including an entirely different package from eBay, but they want me to see if a neighbor may be keeping it for me.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Ugh.

BBTS has been no help. They still have not verified my shipping address and they asked me to go around my neighborhood and see if it was delivered somewhere else by mistake. Not sure why all of my other mail arrived OK, including an entirely different package from eBay, but they want me to see if a neighbor may be keeping it for me.
Wouldn't that be a post office issue?

I've been having to wrangle our postman for his lack of oversight.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Ugh.

I guess it's safe to assume the item wasn't sent as *sign on delivery*
While i am not familiar with your postal service, i know where i live, small items, letters, DVD's etc, are delivered by the regular postman, who uses a trolly. Larger items, boxes etc, are delivered by a different postman, using a van.

If an item is left with a neighbor, then the delivery person leaves a card. Have you searched for a card?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #26
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wouldn't that be a post office issue?

I've been having to wrangle our postman for his lack of oversight.
I am going by the PO after work to talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I guess it's safe to assume the item wasn't sent as *sign on delivery*
While i am not familiar with your postal service, i know where i live, small items, letters, DVD's etc, are delivered by the regular postman, who uses a trolly. Larger items, boxes etc, are delivered by a different postman, using a van.

If an item is left with a neighbor, then the delivery person leaves a card. Have you searched for a card?
Yeah, normally if they left it anywhere else they leave a note of some kind. Never found that either.

I have the same here. Letters are normal postal worker and large boxes are another. I did get one large box from an Ebay purchase but the BBTS one was not there. I beliive it was either delivered to another address or they marked it as delivered but didn't for some reason. There is no reason why I got one box but not the other.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #27
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Went to the PO and they had it there at the station. For some reason the delivery person thought it needed a signature. Looks like they got my package confused with someone else. There was not a door tag saying I needed to go there. Wonder how long it would have stayed there if I had not gone to talk to them. LOL
Old 11-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #28
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Went to the PO and they had it there at the station. For some reason the delivery person thought it needed a signature. Looks like they got my package confused with someone else. There was not a door tag saying I needed to go there. Wonder how long it would have stayed there if I had not gone to talk to them. LOL
Congrats! Good to hear that it wasn’t stolen.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:06 AM   #29
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
ALWAYS doubt the post office. I've had so many things lost from them never to be seen again.
Statues labeled as delivery attempted and no one ever came and the kicker is no signature or release required so ... why not delivered. And a note entered as left and no note to be found. My doors are completely recessed within brick so no blow aways either.

All jobs are but especially the post office is measured by what they do wrong instead of what they do right.

Glad you got it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote