Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-11-2018, 12:23 AM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Elseworlds Batwoman/Arrow/Flash/Supergirl

What did everyone think about Batwoman?

I'm 23 min in on episode 2 and I can't say I'm digging Ruby Rose.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post

I think she did a great job. She has the scowl down. I did wish they had given her some voice modulation in costume, but other than that if they want to make a show with Ruby Rose as Batwoman I'm down to watch it.

As for the Elseworlds plot itself...it's pretty sketchy so while I get some of what they're trying to do I think so far it's a bit ridiculous.

Though I did love seeing that 90's Flash costume back in action.

EDIT: And if they don't do a female World's Finest they're insane.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 12-11-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
Y3E
Gen 13

Frak, which episode was Batwoman? Arrow?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I'm enjoying it although Oliver looks pretty bad in a Flash suit & dominates every scene he's in because of it. I'm amazed at how well Grant pulls it off after seeing Arrow in it. Not quite sure why they played the theme to Smallville when introducing Supergirl. It made no sense unless I've missed something by not watching Supergirl. The Gotham stuff was great & I loved just hearing mention of Batman. At least we now know he exists in the Arrowverse. I thought the Batwoman costume, performance & building shots worked very well. I always enjoy the Flash gang interacting w/ the Arrow team & others. Looking forward to tonight's conclusion.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I'm enjoying it although Oliver looks pretty bad in a Flash suit & dominates every scene he's in because of it. I'm amazed at how well Grant pulls it off after seeing Arrow in it. Not quite sure why they played the theme to Smallville when introducing Supergirl. It made no sense unless I've missed something by not watching Supergirl. The Gotham stuff was great & I loved just hearing mention of Batman. At least we now know he exists in the Arrowverse. I thought the Batwoman costume, performance & building shots worked very well. I always enjoy the Flash gang interacting w/ the Arrow team & others. Looking forward to tonight's conclusion.
I think the Smallville thing was just a throw back, and I believe they used the same Kent Farm set for that scene.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I think the Smallville thing was just a throw back, and I believe they used the same Kent Farm set for that scene.
I'd read over at darkhorizons that in the promo where they showed the original tv Flash (John Wesley Shipp) crawl up from the muck & approach the Monitor, we're shown several bodies/fallen heroes around him. One of these heroes was supposedly Smallville's Green Arrow, or at least someone in his costume, who was played by Justin Hartley. If this were true, I assumed the idea of Smallville was going to be introduced into the Arowverse' Multiverse. This is why, when I heard the Smallville theme song, I assumed something was up.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:06 AM   #7
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I was pretty disappointed with Batwoman I must say.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:32 AM   #8
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post

I was disappointed... She's to skinny (she should of hit the gym and bulked up a bit) and all the tat's, chains and her walking like she has elephant balls between her legs was just to over the top. Plus her acting was rather bad... Although the Bat suit look fine the mask looked weird, like it was to big for her face.

As for the crossover event itself, it's not to bad, I liked the "Smallville" tribute they did with the farm, that was pretty cool....

Oliver and Barry are pretty funny with the switched roles... Supergirl is a bore as usually..

Overall the story has been ok.... so far anyways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Frak, which episode was Batwoman? Arrow?
Yeah she was in Arrow which was part 2 of the crossover event...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I was disappointed... She's to skinny (she should of hit the gym and bulked up a bit) and all the tat's, chains and her walking like she has elephant balls between her legs was just to over the top. Plus her acting was rather bad... Although the Bat suit look fine the mask looked weird, like it was to big for her face.

As for the crossover event itself, it's not to bad, I liked the "Smallville" tribute they did with the farm, that was pretty cool....

Oliver and Barry are pretty funny with the switched roles... Supergirl is a bore as usually..

Overall the story has been ok.... so far anyways..

Yeah she was in Arrow which was part 2 of the crossover event...
Thanks. Saw it last night. I had to find different "venues" to watch it

I agree with most of what you said about Batwoman. Rose's acting was not good. Her brooding was not good. Mask too looked odd, especially when the wig is pulled back.

The best part for me was the original Flash. It was great to see it again.

Last year's crossover was more enjoyable.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #10
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

They have to be commended for even attempting to set-up a story on the scale of Crisis on Infinite Earths, but the crossover wasn't the greatest.

As for Batwoman, while I wasn't too impressed with Ruby Rose both in and out costume there simply wasn't enough done with her to see if the character can carry her own show.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote