Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-18-2021, 12:14 AM   #91
Starscream77
The Spirit

Eternal you're killing me man.

I have mine on pre-order through Secret Compass as well. I just talked to Shane and he told me 30-90 days. Im skeptical even with that update.

Thought about maybe cancelling but these pics reassured me on the quality and this version def trumps the XM version in my eyes. That one is too busy and G1 enough for me.
Love the low edition on this guy too! Underrated indeed.

Can you pm me Eternal, if you dont mind discussing full price it cost to get in hand? With the duty and shipping costs?

APPRECIATE THE PICS BROTHER
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 05:52 AM   #92
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Very cool. I think I like this SW more than the XM. That one is way too busy looking.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #93
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Very cool. I think I like this SW more than the XM. That one is way too busy looking.
If you're looking for a museum piece this, is it. If only Laserbeak was in the movie, he could have elevated this statue even more. There's four Soundwaves out now at different scales, design and price points to scratch that itch.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:03 PM   #94
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The P1 Soundwave is the best at this point in time. It is solid all around. The attention to detail, presence paints and you get an extra statue in ravage.
All of this and more, make this piece a winner all day everyday.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:30 AM   #95
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
The P1 Soundwave is the best at this point in time. It is solid all around. The attention to detail, presence paints and you get an extra statue in ravage.
All of this and more, make this piece a winner all day everyday.
I agree! id love to see the XM and Prime1 next to each other. the XM is a bit underscaled from what I see.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #96
darren1228
Zot

Did anyone purchase Soundwave? I'm thinking of getting him to represent my Transformers phase of my childhood. Would love it if anyone could share their thoughts.

p.s. Optimus from Bumblebee is on sale for 10% off! I'm surprised he has lasted so long. I think he looks so much nicer than the Bayformers look.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:43 AM   #97
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Hey gang, here's a distraction from the Ledger Joker drama. If there's one thing P1 does consistently it's nailing homeruns on their Transformer pieces. I ordered directly through P1 even though I have it on preorder through Secret Compass. I didn't want to wait over a year for this piece like some have with Optimus. I chose the expedited shipping and cancelled out the charge with a bunch of points. Took about two weeks. However, this was my first time ever dealing with a duty tax through DHL that came to around $180. It shipped in two boxes, one came on Monday and the second didn't come till Friday. This is becoming the new normal and its annoying.

Anyway, the statue is a knockout. Pictures do not do him justice. I thought his hands looked tiny in the preorder pictures, but they aren't in person. He's an absolute beast and very bulky. There's a lot of subtle details in the plating. His paint is perfect, it's dull and shiny where it needs to be and is a great contrast to how well Optimus' colors pop. Ravage looks great too. Both light ups are nice. I wish the movie included Laserbeak so we could have him here perched on Soundwave's shoulder, cannon or arm. It would have taken this piece to the next level.

A few things to mention. I said Optimus was a space saving vertical piece. Unfortunately, it's not the case with Soundwave. His base is definitely wider than Optimus due to Ravage. Unless you're a completionist there is no point in ordering the EX as the cassette will not fit in Soundwave's chest. You can display him without Ravage though because he sits on the base and doesn't key into it. The bobblehead issue that Optimus had is gone. It's a regular thing with P1's TF's and I know it annoys some collectors, but rest assure Soundwave's head turns but doesn't jiggle all over the place, it's very solid.

I don't want to sound like a shill but I'm a big Transformers fan and an even bigger Optimus and Soundwave fan. I showered a ton of praise on the BB Optimus and a year later I still think it outshines all other pieces on the market including the fantastic XM Optimus. He's a stunner and would hate anyone missing out on that piece if they've always wanted a museum Optimus to add to their collection. I'm going to say the same thing about Soundwave. He's got a very low ES. Mine was 40/100 and the EX is only 70 units. He's an absolute showstopper and if you're on the fence about either of these two pieces don't pass them up, they are worth it in any collection that needs an Optimus and Soundwave. With such a low ES we'll probably never see Shockwave from the movie, but one can wish.
Thanks for that!!!
Old 05-01-2022, 12:51 PM   #98
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Thanks for that!!!
You?re welcome. You won?t be disappointed in getting him. He?s got a low ES, the EX is not necessary and the paint app and presence is perfect. It?s a great museum piece and very underrated high mark last year from P1. If you have any questions or concerns that I haven?t touched on by all means ask.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:13 PM   #99
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
You?re welcome. You won?t be disappointed in getting him. He?s got a low ES, the EX is not necessary and the paint app and presence is perfect. It?s a great museum piece and very underrated high mark last year from P1. If you have any questions or concerns that I haven?t touched on by all means ask.
Do you have any pics of Optimus and Prime together? How do they look paired together? Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #100
eternalblue02

Just a heads up. This piece is shipping out around 7 days from Secret Compass. If you haven't received your invoice yet and you ordered there reach out to Shane.