Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-13-2021, 09:23 PM   #471
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I would spend the money and get the P1 rotunda(if you can find one). Aftermarket prices for pretty much anything JP is double or more of retail once they sell out so you are probably looking at $1500+ now for the P1 1/15 rex(again, if you can find one). Last time I checked there were a couple on eBay, I was actually considering letting mine go if they were getting that much for them.
Right now I'm on the waitlist so if it converts, that would be a huge decision to make.... IF not, I will settle for CC Rotunda or just be patient and wait for another T-Rex in the future, which I think is a given considering how popular the character is

Thanks

E.
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:33 PM   #472
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Right now I'm on the waitlist so if it converts, that would be a huge decision to make.... IF not, I will settle for CC Rotunda or just be patient and wait for another T-Rex in the future, which I think is a given considering how popular the character is

Thanks

E.
Well, yea, there's always the Fallen Kingdom one too. Not sure what else can be done at this point unless it's life size There are so many options already out there. Maybe something from the new movie too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:52 PM   #473
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I wouldn't worry about it being light, as long as it's structurally sound enough it will be fine. The P1 JP stuff is mostly plastic and super light too. I personally went with the P1 version of the rotunda, but not sure that's even an option anymore as it's sold out pretty much everywhere. That and the cost difference is pretty significant.
Yeah well, it's lighter than P1 pieces overall, and even if that's mostly due to P1 bases, the Rex herself is much thinner and fragile feeling than P1 dinosaurs.
Used to the pure concrete-solidness of Chronicle pieces (their Breakout Rex smashed a chunck of venetian plaster wall with its head without reporting any damage whatsoever, nor on the sculpt nor the paintjob, literally no damage whatsoever like it was made of steel) this one felt super jarring in comparison.

I think saves into materials may have helped with the paintjob, which on this Rotunda is awesome by the way. Definitely on P1 level.

.. well, almost.

Last edited by VickPS; 09-14-2021 at 06:33 PM.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #474
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
"...

I think saves into materials may have helped with the paintjob, which on this Rotunda is awesome by the way. Definitely on P1 level."

.. well, almost.
Do you really think the paintjob is awesome? I mean, I think P1 Rotunda is THE one to have but if my waitlist does not converts, is this one the best next option in your opinion?

E.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:23 PM   #475
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Do you really think the paintjob is awesome? I mean, I think P1 Rotunda is THE one to have but if my waitlist does not converts, is this one the best next option in your opinion?

E.
I have seen videos of both rotundas and CC's rotunda has nothing on P1. Can't believe we are even comparing! Go check Jurassic_corner's P1 rotunda in youtube.

CC: https://youtu.be/iFfP0FQ-riU
P1: https://youtu.be/HRtmiFPsoc0
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #476
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:

E.
I can't really chose between these pieces as i love them all, but yes, there's no doubt paintjob on this piece is great and feels very accurate in person.
Lots of shading on the Rex and subtle fine airbrush work, great finish on mouth and eyes, plenty of really well applied drybrush and airbrush on the base.. teeth are much better than Prime 1 1:15.

This is under a flash, good luck getting such pleasant results with the Prime 1 1:15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I have seen videos of both rotundas and CC's rotunda has nothing on P1. Can't believe we are even comparing! Go check Jurassic_corner's P1 rotunda in youtube.

CC: https://youtu.be/iFfP0FQ-riU
P1: https://youtu.be/HRtmiFPsoc0
You should know at this point how pointless it is to judge these pieces out of videos and pictures. He asked for an alternative to Prime 1 Rotunda, and paint wise this Chronicle version is overall as good as the Prime 1 1:15.

That said, Prime 1 Rotunda is unquestionably the way better piece and also probably overall the best JP statue ever made.
Truly phenomenal paintjob along with translucent teeth, can't wait to get mine.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:58 PM   #477
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thank you all for the inputs on this piece and P1 as well. I have P1 on waitlist but if it does not convert in a month or so, I will settle for this one which is a great piece.

I happen to model kit painter and have won several prizes on my pieces and although I would not repaint this statue, I will be able to make the eyes and teeth a bit more realistic and closer to P1.

Either way, I'm happy that you guys helped me make a decision.

Thank you

E.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:03 PM   #478
Breakout666
Frackin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY0mrwseAjw

to me, the chronicle Rotunda looks better and better in comparison
Breakout666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #479
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakout666 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY0mrwseAjw

to me, the chronicle Rotunda looks better and better in comparison
Agreed! That Prime 1 release is just too busy looking and the paint doesn?t appear as convincing
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:06 PM   #480
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Made a mockup comparing the CC with the two P1 rotundas.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote