Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #11
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Now I'm trying to talk myself out of it. Looking at the pics, I do like it a bit more than the AK statue, but when I flip back and forth between the two I am noticing how similar they really look. It must be the glossier black paint on the cowl along with the portrait that I find more appealing... and maybe he's a bit less bulky? And then there's the Jokers on the base....

I prefer the yellow utility belt on the AK version, though.

Then I noticed that the price is $65 more than the original AK piece. Less sure this is worth the hassle of selling the AK one and getting this one... Plus, I have a few other AK designs on order. I will be getting the AO Joker, though, for sure.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #12
strife87
Spider-Ham

I love the cape on my ak Batman, i think it's beautifully done.

I loved the origins design in the game. This one has nice switch out options but I'm not personally feeling the portraits on this one. I do like that it had the angry gritting head sculpt as his attitude was a big part of the origins game but for right now I'm going to pass and enjoy from afar.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #13
gearhead
The Herculoids

Ordered! Been waiting for this one. I like this design so much better than AK Ironbats. Gonna look great with Deathstroke! Or Joker!
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #14
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Ordered! Been waiting for this one. I like this design so much better than AK Ironbats. Gonna look great with Deathstroke! Or Joker!
Isn't the AO design pretty much just as "armored"? The boots, the gauntlets, the padded abdomen and chest, the shoulder pads... The Asylum and City designs are way more "traditional" than the Origins and Knight designs. I guess the AK one looks more "industrial" below the neck. But, they are very similar.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #15
gearhead
The Herculoids

Yes, I'd say AO is also armored, but to my eye in a much more tactical way and less of a robotic Ironman style. But your point is valid. I just have never liked the AK suit. But hey, now we can each have a choice! Win, win. BTW, AA and AC style suits are definitely my favorites for just the reason you mentioned, best combo of traditional and "realistic" in my opinion. P1 has made no mention of planing anything from those games so far to my knowledge or else I'd wait for those versions. If they ever make it, I'll buy it.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #16
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

He kicks a$$ but I save my money for Batman 1989 (and Burton's Joker, Penguin and Catwoman if they do them).

The suit was really nice in the game. Congrats to those who get him.
Liquid75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #17
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Yes, I'd say AO is also armored, but to my eye in a much more tactical way and less of a robotic Ironman style. But your point is valid. I just have never liked the AK suit. But hey, now we can each have a choice! Win, win. BTW, AA and AC style suits are definitely my favorites for just the reason you mentioned, best combo of traditional and "realistic" in my opinion. P1 has made no mention of planing anything from those games so far to my knowledge or else I'd wait for those versions. If they ever make it, I'll buy it.
Yeah, I agree, for the most part (I don't see the AK suit as "robotic", but I think I know the areas in the design that give off that impression to you). I have the Sideshow AA PF and that would've been my preference for a 1/3 statue. It is kinda odd that the AO design was armored, unless the thinking was he needed more protection when he was starting out.

There is definitely something about that AO statue, though - not sure if it looks a bit better proportioned? I know some complained about the AK statue looking like the head was too small and I can kinda see that, too. I never get that vibe from the AO version.

I know it's minor, but the lack of the yellow belt is a decent minus for me.

This one is tough. I am probably going to just stick with the AK one since I guess it will go better with the other AK statues I have on order. I wish I had room for both. I already don't know where I'm putting all of the P1 pieces I've ordered.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #18
gearhead
The Herculoids

Again, all very valid points. I have the Deathstroke EX so this was really an easy choice for me. They'll be going on opposite sides of the big screen in my game room. I'll probably get the AO Joker when that comes up and then I'm done with this line. Out of space and money.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:53 AM   #19
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

fat face batman looks like my grandpa when he is trying to look mean with that grimmace
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #20
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just wish they had of been more creative with the pose, rather than doing an identical one to AK Bats. Lack of creativity badly on this one.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote