Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-08-2020, 07:55 PM   #31
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Nice pics, DD!

Man, need to get this to go with my Edward Scissorhands.
Thanks AC!! She would be perfect with Edward Scissorhands!
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #32
desertdragon
Sinister Six

It looks like she is a bit of a commodity right now - she's sold out at both AmiAmi and HobbyLink Japan... She's still available for PO at BBTS though.
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:30 AM   #33
diegocollects
Doh!

My Bishoujo Beetlejuice arrived today, and I’m very satisfied!

One thing I noticed that makes this particular horror Bishoujo stand apart from the rest is her cleanliness. Most horror Bishoujos attempt to recreate the bloody, gory, and/or dirty physical qualities of the original characters they are based on. For example, Freddy, Jason, Ash Williams, and Leatherface all feature bloody wounds and torn clothes as a reference to the original designs.

Beetlejuice’s Bishoujo statue, on the other hand, is pristine. In the original film, the character Beetlejuice has a rather unkempt appearance. His hair, apart from being a sickly yellow color, is disheveled. His iconic striped suit is heavily soiled. Dark rings surround his eyes, and patches of moss-like smears mark his face. The Bishoujo version, on the other hand, is completely unsullied.

Despite not being an exactly parallel interpretation of the original Beetlejuice character, I do believe it still manages to reflect Beetlejuice’s personality and his more defining characteristics. Beetlejuice is a character whose premise is meant to be dark and unsettling, and yet he is a comical, goofy character with an easy-going attitude. One might think Beetlejuice’s morbid position as the afterlife’s leading “bio-exorcist” would mean he would take topics like death more sensitively, but he is quite the crude and boisterous type. And the Bishoujo adaptation depicts just this. In the original film, Lydia asks Beetlejuice for help while he happens to be sitting on a tombstone filing his nails, and this statue recreates the scene faithfully. It’s this kind of image (sitting on a tombstone while filing her nails with a cheeky smirk on her face) that showcases the blend of macabre horror and lighthearted comedy that Tim Burton crafted so well in the original film. Design-wise, I believe she was intended to be a sassy character who doesn’t take her job too seriously, but believes herself to be prim and proper (ironically so), not unlike how Beetlejuice proclaims himself to be a professional.

Overall, I’m really happy with the statue, and I’m so glad I ordered one. Apparently, it’s extremely difficult to find her at a reasonable price now. The major retailers I usually order from (Ami Ami, Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, and Kotobukiya US) are all out of stock. Hopefully prices don’t go too high.
diegocollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:53 AM   #34
AC_808
Hercules

Congrats!

Still waiting on mine.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #35
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Well, screw you Diamond and DCBS:

"Unfortunately Diamond shorted us our entire order for this and canceled our replacements."

I had to hound DCBS to give me that info. I now have no chance to get her for anywhere near retail, which means not at all, since it's so long after release.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #36
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Well, screw you Diamond and DCBS:

"Unfortunately Diamond shorted us our entire order for this and canceled our replacements."

I had to hound DCBS to give me that info. I now have no chance to get her for anywhere near retail, which means not at all, since it's so long after release.
BBTS has it in stock now, but she's $169.99 plus tax and shipping.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:38 PM   #37
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
BBTS has it in stock now, but she's $169.99 plus tax and shipping.
Yeah, that's just so much over retail I'm hesitant to spend that, but may have to because I do love this one so much. With tax and shipping its $186.83. My wallet is telling me no. Thank you though.

I spent the day calling local shops and not one of them has even seen one of these in-stock in all of Austin. What the hell, man.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:54 PM   #38
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Yeah, that's just so much over retail I'm hesitant to spend that, but may have to because I do love this one so much. With tax and shipping its $186.83. My wallet is telling me no. Thank you though.

I spent the day calling local shops and not one of them has even seen one of these in-stock in all of Austin. What the hell, man.
Yeah I know. I want her too, but for me it's almost $190 from BBTS. I saw one at my LCS last weekend, and they wanted $174.99 plus tax. Ridiculous.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:34 PM   #39
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

This statue is in stock at our retail partner BAIT at SRP and free shipping within the US:

http://www.baitme.com/kotobukiya-bee...een-ktsv269grn
Old 10-30-2020, 10:40 PM   #40
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
This statue is in stock at our retail partner BAIT at SRP and free shipping within the US:

http://www.baitme.com/kotobukiya-bee...een-ktsv269grn
Thanks! I'm assuming they are reliable? I've never heard of this site before.

I ordered one. Retail price is expensive enough, but with free shipping and no tax, I'm in. Much better than the $190 I would have had to spend at BBTS.