Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #201
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

^ agree!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #202
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

[QUOTE=Hellboy;5457599]I'll be there.[/QUOT]

I'll wait for a promo code.. but the ex is great on this.. and it looks even better with the blaster IMO
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #203
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Blaster is essential to this piece for me. Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #204
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/dis...format-figure/

So SSC starts now charging extra for exclusive versions.. they never short to upset me with every new reveal ... my glass of water just spilled over... Keep it SSC
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #205
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/dis...format-figure/

So SSC starts now charging extra for exclusive versions.. they never short to upset me with every new reveal ... my glass of water just spilled over... Keep it SSC
That's BS! I thought they would charge less for the regular, not add onto the EX (I thought the regular would be $540 and the EX $550). Lame. I don't know if I can justify paying $600 for this after shipping.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #206
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This company... I swear. Sure it's only $10 but it's the principle. As if the price on these PFs wasn't enough already they gotta start jacking up the cost of Exclusive offerings higher than the regulars now? $560 before shipping is a lot of money for this piece. I really want it but at every step Sideshow makes it harder and harder to keep collecting their product. I'm back on the fence.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #207
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
That's BS! I thought they would charge less for the regular, not add onto the EX (I thought the regular would be $540 and the EX $550). Lame. I don't know if I can justify paying $600 for this after shipping.
That's curious. The last couple of pieces went the other way where the EX was a round number and the regular was the odd.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #208
Vpuik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This company... I swear. Sure it's only $10 but it's the principle. As if the price on these PFs wasn't enough already they gotta start jacking up the cost of Exclusive offerings higher than the regulars now? $560 before shipping is a lot of money for this piece. I really want it but at every step Sideshow makes it harder and harder to keep collecting their product. I'm back on the fence.
Prime 1 is charging extra $50 on their big exclusives. It's coming whether you like it or not. the only way to avoid these extra charges is to buy more, but you can probably see how well that is going to go down.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #209
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So the Lightsaber illuminates but the floor doesn't. Not that I was expecting it to but given how simplistic the base is I'd think for $560 they could step up their game a bit in that department and make it happen. If a base ever warranted it, it's this one.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:53 PM   #210
Luminous
Cyclops

Not in love with it. So at this price (and the ridiculous markup for the essential EX) it's an easy pass. At this point I can't imagine what could possibly pull me back to Sideshow. I mean if ESB Han and Luke couldn't do it I don't think anything will.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote