Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #121
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I saw the prototype at the Denver Comic Con and this Joker is very impressive. Amazing statue. I'm not collecting 1/6 but it is good to have 2 very good options - both this and Tweeterhead have outdone themselves.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #122
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hum, I did not like this at all. My 1/6 Joker will be another one. I would suggest XM to start to trow a lot of PO and focus on delivery the statues, develop them and give best options. It is just too much going on and we do not see anything ready.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #123
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Is anyone sick and tired of the same characters being produced over and over again . Tweeterhead SP line has introduced some never before seen hero’s and villains and if they continue they will be dominant 1/6 line no doubt . Screw doing Sups and WW etc etc they took some initiative already made Mr. myxtplik , kandar, stepponwolf in the works , manhunter . It’s just wow! Price point is good for a big true 1/6 scale unless XM gets worldwide lisence on everything they do I’m moving on. I can’t keep losing money on shipping and import to haul their stuff over here. It’s terrible and 1/6 line does not change squat!
ME! I agree with you big time. That is the reason why Tweeterhead is such a special company. Everytime they announce a new statue, it’s exciting. Unless XM will show promise that they will expand their line further and deeper, I don’t see myself getting invested. The characters that are announced are mostly characters that has a movie counterpart, so I am not exactly excited. I think the factor of diversity in characters is a bigger appealing factor in 1/6 scale line than 1/4th scale.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:45 AM   #124
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
ME! I agree with you big time. That is the reason why Tweeterhead is such a special company. Everytime they announce a new statue, it’s exciting. Unless XM will show promise that they will expand their line further and deeper, I don’t see myself getting invested. The characters that are announced are mostly characters that has a movie counterpart, so I am not exactly excited. I think the factor of diversity in characters is a bigger appealing factor in 1/6 scale line than 1/4th scale.
I think XM has proven beyond a doubt that they're willing to make lower tier characters, look at their Marvel lineup... The only way they wouldn't is if this line tanks big time but I seriously doubt it will...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:12 AM   #125
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think XM has proven beyond a doubt that they're willing to make lower tier characters, look at their Marvel lineup... The only way they wouldn't is if this line tanks big time but I seriously doubt it will...
Their marvel line is great! I just have my doubts because they have yet to show their willingness to make lower tier characters with DC (samurai line) line and also the 1/6th scale is something XM has never done before. I don't think their 1/4th marvel line is a reliable indicator to how XM will approach the DC line, well, at least to me. More than Marvel, DC statues tend to not deviate much from certain (and small) character pool: Trinity, Gotham Sirens, Joker and if lucky, the other core Justice League members. As a mainly DC collector, the lack of variety in characters is very frustrating. I understand why XM starts with these characters, but since most of the characters already have multiple versions in bigger scale statue market, personally, it just feels a tad underwhelming.

I really hope you are right tho! I hope XM goes deep with DC line like how they did with Marvel line. That will make me so much less reluctant to get into XM line.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:16 AM   #126
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Their marvel line is great! I just have my doubts because they have yet to show their willingness to make lower tier characters with DC (samurai line) line and also the 1/6th scale is something XM has never done before. I don't think their 1/4th marvel line is a reliable indicator to how XM will approach the DC line, well, at least to me. More than Marvel, DC statues tend to not deviate much from certain (and small) character pool: Trinity, Gotham Sirens, Joker and if lucky, the other core Justice League members. As a mainly DC collector, the lack of variety in characters is very frustrating. I understand why XM starts with these characters, but since most of the characters already have multiple versions in bigger scale statue market, personally, it just feels a tad underwhelming.

I really hope you are right tho! I hope XM goes deep with DC line like how they did with Marvel line. That will make me so much less reluctant to get into XM line.
I find it funny how you sit up here and talk about XM making the same old characters when in fact, Tweeterhead started out with the same old characters

Last I checked Tweeterhead has Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Joker and Harley...and they started off with Joker and Harley. If that is not the same old characters I don't know what is. Be consistent.

And also it should be mentioned that XM is doing both Rebirth and Classic versions of these characters last I checked.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:20 AM   #127
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

You all want lower tier characters and then don't buy them. Only 270 ES on Moon Knight. What's XM supposed to do? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:35 AM   #128
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
You all want lower tier characters and then don't buy them. Only 270 ES on Moon Knight. What's XM supposed to do? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Well said!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:40 AM   #129
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
+1
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:43 AM   #130
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

If XM can do Marvel B and C characters in 1/4, what do you think they have in mind for DC 1/6 which will sell better. Have lower price and worldwide license in mind.

XM is creative, they donĀ“t play the safe game just for the money.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote