Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #221
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Got this email from XM:

Thank you for your patience.
We will provide replacements for your Joker Rebirth. Please understand it will take some time as the factory is making the replacements from scratch. I will advise further actions when the replacements are ready. Thank you!

Regards,
Grace
XM Custcare
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #222
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Great! I don't forsee any problems going forward. Lobo and Harley will definitely require more special attention due to the amount of parts.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #223
built2shred
Phoenix

I just got my shipping notice from SpecFiction... Woot !!!
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:10 PM   #224
Jono
Doh!

Received my Joker from Spec Fiction yesterday. The hands went in without breakage, but it took a lot of patience and flexing of the handle bars on the gas gun. Neither hand fits perfectly flush, but only the right hand is really noticeable when you get in close. All in all I don't think I will go through the hassle of getting a replacement as it would probably be pretty difficult to disconnect the hands.

On a more positive note, I received two full sets of 4 (there's two dynamite teeth, one bomb teeth, and one bang flag teeth) of the chattering teeth accessories. The spares were wrapped between two black pieces of foam in the void in the Styrofoam block that is underneath the coattails. I discovered these by accident as they are not labeled in the very handy assembly manual.

Speaking of which, this is my first XM piece and I am extremely impressed with their packaging, assembly manual, and overall box design with the straps and complete lack of tape. This makes opening the package and retrieval of the parts very easy and the box and Styrofoam remains undamaged. Truly the best that I've encountered.

I have mine in a display next to the Tweeterhead Joker and the TH Joker definitely has a bigger head and seems taller and with broader shoulders. I did not measure them to be certain, but it seems one of these may not actually be in 1/6th scale and may be very slightly over/under sized.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #225
TDB
Doh!

Can you please post a photo?
I really would like to see a TH statue next to a XM one
I'm curious if these lines will mix together..
TDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:14 PM   #226
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm going to heat up his hands and gun with a blow dryer before attempting to install it when I get mine... I'm guessing the cold weather is causing the hands and/or arms to warp a little during shipping.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:20 AM   #227
built2shred
Phoenix

I just opened mine up... I heated the arms and the hands holding the poison gun with a blow dryer for about 30-45 seconds and the hands went in really easy... Remember to remove the wrap around the gun handle before trying to insert them...

I love the statue, the eyes on the base light up and have 4-5 different modes to them, flashing, slowing blinking, solid, fast blinking... And the little mini robots are really cool... The box is your standard XM sturdy box with the velcro wraps, it's so nice not to have to mess with tape... I gave the statue a quick look over and the paint application seems to be flawless... The portrait looks good but when I did put Tweeterheads Joker next to this one it did make the portrait look rather bland, the Tweeterhead portrait is very detailed with lots of shading which makes it stand out more IMO... That said, I'm sure XM's very comic accurate based on the new 52 Joker...

Comparing the two statues, I would love to have TH portrait on XM's body and base that would have made the perfect Joker IMO... in the end, I would probably give a very slight nod to Tweeterheads joker being just slightly better IMO...

Tweeterhead Joker - 9.5/10
XM Joker - 9/10

Now to the pictures.....
Old 01-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #228
built2shred
Phoenix

Old 01-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #229
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Nice... agreed with ratings...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #230
AlanJG1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thank you for the pictures.

The XM Joker does seem a bit smaller than the Tweeterhead one in the pictures. Is it actually that way in person? If so, I have a feeling my preordered XM Aquaman and Wonder Woman won’t display well with the rest of my Tweeterhead statues.

EDIT: Sorry Jono. I just saw your post confirming the scale difference which is a shame.
AlanJG1 is offline   Reply With Quote