nearmint
Phoenix

Hawkman is a lot bigger than JL Batman.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #162
pdenham
Teen Titans

Batman is listed as
Height: 35" (889 mm) | Width: 22.8" (579.12 mm) | Depth: 19.2" (487.68 mm)

Hawkman is listed as
Height: 40.9" (1038.86 mm) | Width: 22" (558.8 mm) | Depth: 22.4" (568.96 mm) | *

It looks to me like the top of the staff accounts for a good 5" or so of that height, with the height of the base being about 10" . Otherwise the width should be similar and the depth is only a couple inches more. The bird head overhanging the front of the base is contributing to an inch or two of that.

Are the wings making it seem that much larger than Bats, or do you think the specs might be off?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:58 PM   #163
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Who did you order it thru?
I ordered it from Sideshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Yeah. Having both options available would have been nice, but I had to face facts. There's no situation where I can ever see having more space available than I currently have now. $300 more for additional open wings (which do look awesome) would have just been a flat out waste of money for me.

Ultimately not a big deal, as this closed wing version was what I first saw last year, and that was more than impressive enough on it's own.
Having the wings wrap around the figure like that I felt was an especially inspired design, and that's the orientation that made this a must have for me.

I gotta be honest though and say I'm more than a little concerned how many people are commenting on how huge this is in person. I knew it was big. I've taken, and re-taken measurements and I feel like I can massage it into the space I have available with a little re-jiggering of some of the furniture.
But hearing Gem Mint, who I know has had some pretty large stuff himself, say that the base alone looks like a big "piece of furniture" has me worried I may not be fully prepared for this in some way.
I came to the same conclusion regarding the open wings. I would never have enough room in my collection to properly display them on the piece so I would ultimately be paying an additional $300 for something that would remain in the box. Beyond that, though, even if I had the room to display the open wings I would have still opted for the closed wing version for a reason that goes beyond just liking the look of the piece. Not knowing anything about the design of how the wings attach to the body I have no idea how well the connection points would hold up over time with switching the wings from one set to the other one. Plus, the open wings may put too much weight on the connection points. They may become loose over time. It's definitely a concern and a risk I am not willing to take on this piece.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:05 AM   #164
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Batman is listed as
Height: 35" (889 mm) | Width: 22.8" (579.12 mm) | Depth: 19.2" (487.68 mm)

Hawkman is listed as
Height: 40.9" (1038.86 mm) | Width: 22" (558.8 mm) | Depth: 22.4" (568.96 mm) | *

It looks to me like the top of the staff accounts for a good 5" or so of that height, with the height of the base being about 10" . Otherwise the width should be similar and the depth is only a couple inches more. The bird head overhanging the front of the base is contributing to an inch or two of that.

Are the wings making it seem that much larger than Bats, or do you think the specs might be off?
The width and depth on Batman is all base. The figure itself takes up much less room. The width and depth on Hawman is as much the figure as the base. It’s big all over.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:42 AM   #165
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The width and depth on Batman is all base. The figure itself takes up much less room. The width and depth on Hawman is as much the figure as the base. It’s big all over.
Nearmint thanks for all the coverage you've provided. You should check your Facebook messenger buddy.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:12 AM   #166
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Nearmint thanks for all the coverage you've provided. You should check your Facebook messenger buddy.
Did you message me? I don’t see anything.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:03 AM   #167
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Did you message me? I don’t see anything.
Interesting. I'll message you through the forum then.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #168
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Really thinking of putting in a PO
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:03 PM   #169
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Really thinking of putting in a PO
I would say if you can swing the price and have the room for it in your collection then go for it. In my view, it will be a very long time if ever before we will see another Hawkman done this well with this much presence and high level of detail. Moreover, this piece goes beyond love of character for me and I see it as an exceptionally well done art piece.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #170
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I went and put a deposit down through Spec Fiction. I believe in the end it will be a bit cheaper than SS. Also has the ability to spread out payments in case I want to add another purchase.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote