Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #101
adee
Green Arrow

I don't care for the rose option. I assume it's a play on her name but I don't really get it. I like the mind power pose more. I agree that having both the X logo and Hellfire logo isn't great but I like the Hellfire logo much more than an X base. As much as I like the figure and pose it's like they really wanted to do Hellfire and couldn't. It bugs me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #102
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't care for the rose option. I assume it's a play on her name but I don't really get it. I like the mind power pose more. I agree that having both the X logo and Hellfire logo isn't great but I like the Hellfire logo much more than an X base. As much as I like the figure and pose it's like they really wanted to do Hellfire and couldn't. It bugs me.
I think it has something to do with her crystal powers, it looks like a crystal rose.
That, and that Emma is kind of a willing woman when it comes to romances, and a rose is a symbol for that.

This statue got me interested, i am an SS fan, but XM is growing on me, already got Mystique preordered, good chance il get Emma too.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #103
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
I think it has something to do with her crystal powers, it looks like a crystal rose.
That, and that Emma is kind of a willing woman when it comes to romances, and a rose is a symbol for that.

This statue got me interested, i am an SS fan, but XM is growing on me, already got Mystique preordered, good chance il get Emma too.
Yeah but like Demona said she can't change things into diamond other than herself so it makes little sense. I thought maybe it's just a rose with frost on it which still doesn't make a lot of sense.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #104
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Yeah but like Demona said she can't change things into diamond other than herself so it makes little sense. I thought maybe it's just a rose with frost on it which still doesn't make a lot of sense.
power wise it doesnt make any sense, but maybe someone bought her a crystal rose, because of the romancing thing, and because a crystal rose is expensive, and Emma likes fancy stuff.
In the hellfire club everyone was rich.
From an artistic perspective it makes sense to me, when i think of Emma i think of wealth, indulgence and crystal.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #105
adee
Green Arrow

Wine glass would have been better imo
Old 01-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #106
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Wine glass would have been better imo
Thats would have worked too, but a rose is also a symbol of beauty, maybe the artists wanted to point that out.
Her short hair face also has sorth of an alluring expression, so perhaps the rose is meant to make her extra seductive.

I dig the short hair plus mind reading pose, its as if she wants me, and is using her powers to get me
Old 01-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #107
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
As much as I like the figure and pose it's like they really wanted to do Hellfire and couldn't.
That was my first impression as well. Unfortunately, it's probably the closest we'll ever get with the approval process these days.

This one kind of ends up feeling like an homage to all versions of the character.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #108
Mister H
Gen 13

Considering the control she had over Cyclops, she should be holding his &@//$ instead of a rose.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #109
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Well, I’m not excited about these super heroines acting like pinups. I have nothing against pinups, I love pinups, but I find super pinups heroines boring after all. I would prefer action poses like SS X-23 or XM Batgirl, and calm poses but with strong presence, like SS Ivy/ Elektra, or XM Dark Phoenix.
And that armchair doesn't help.
Well Emma is the essence of the pinups heroine so...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #110
ukshaun
Hercules

Listening to one of the recent online chat's, there's an opinion these images are leaks.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote