Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

BENDIS at DC.

Brian Michael BENDIS Signs DC Exclusive ! He's a DC boy now.

I hope he takes over Batman after Tom King. Don't get me wrong, i am not complaning about Tom King or anything, i'm ok with him but what Batman really needs is dark street level crime stories that Bendis writes so well. Batman needs those stories cause i like those stories with Batman, if i have to be honest.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
what Batman really needs is dark street level crime stories that Bendis writes so well.
+1
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

interesting, very interesting...

his run on daredevil is one of the reasons hes one of my top three favorite characters
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I lot of people don't care for his team writing but I really liked it. His Avengers run was one of my favorites & I really liked his Ultimate work along side Millar's. Bendis has always struck me as a true comic book fan so I'll look forward to what he brings to DC.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Didn't Bendis talk a bunch of Crap about DC when Johns was doing his best writing and reshaping the entire DC Universe before the dreaded New52? Hmmm Foot in Mouth.

Though I do think with the Rebirth stuff coming out now DC has shed a lot of what was bad, though there still are a few books that need help, and Marvel is still kind eeking it way back into good writing.

I actually don't want Bendis on Batman or Tech right now, though King hasn't been that impressive either. I'd actually like to see him do something else first and maybe save a book that I feel really needs a good writer, like The Flash.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’d like to see Bendis bring to Batman what he brought to Daredevil and The Avengers. A sense of roots, fresh thinking, originality and excitement. Batman hasn’t had any of this since Snyder’s Court of Owls arc.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I’d like to see Bendis bring to Batman what he brought to Daredevil and The Avengers. A sense of roots, fresh thinking, originality and excitement. Batman hasn’t had any of this since Snyder’s Court of Owls arc.
That's why I like Detective better than the Batman book, but it's also more Bat-fam book than just Batman. While Bendis might do good things on Batman, I just don't know if needs him, there are other books that really need someone on them.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix

I guess I'm the only one who didn't care for Bendis' Daredevil, nor Brubaker's before him. I found both runs to be depressing & way too dark. As if both writers were trying to go Miller with the character w/o any of the joy. Waid got Daredevil, imho.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #9
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I guess I'm the only one who didn't care for Bendis' Daredevil, nor Brubaker's before him. I found both runs to be depressing & way too dark. As if both writers were trying to go Miller with the character w/o any of the joy. Waid got Daredevil, imho.
I liked Bendis' Daredevil for the most part but some parts did go a little off the rails. I thought Brubaker's run was actually better. Waid is amazing though. I will say Bendis has his ups and downs though.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I guess I'm the only one who didn't care for Bendis' Daredevil, nor Brubaker's after him.
Fixed that for you.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote