Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
law1349
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I just picked this up at the Derby City comic con yesterday. It's a killer bust. Its so smooth that it looks like pvc or something. Very nicely done.
law1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
JawaMarinara
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Looks really good! I'm really tempted to jump into their Marvel line, but I can't justify it.
JawaMarinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Alright so I never really had any interest in these mini-busts from GG, but I ran across a brand new mini Venom in a local gaming store today. I never realized they had stuff like these busts in this particular store. They had a bunch of mini Goblins and mini Wolverines, but this Venom was the last one they had.

Anyway, I asked the clerk if I could take a peek at it, but it was sealed new. I'd never seen these busts before, but I wasn't allowed to open it if I wasn't gonna buy it first. So I came home to view a few youtube vids of it. Statuehunter75 had a great review of it...I was totally blown away by the detail it had in his vid. I hauled ass back to that store and bought it. $70 bucks. #146 of 1400.

I have to say...this is quite possibly the best paint application I've seen on any statue. It is IN-credible. I placed him next to my wedding photo and took a pic. I hear Spider-Man is due to come out, and I can't wait to put him with this masterpiece of a mini-bust.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #14
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

I hate that I cancelled my pre order on this one now...Gorgeous pick up man and congrats!

On a side note have you seen the GG Hawkeye? amazing
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #15
Sithlord32
New Republic

Yep I had the same reaction when I purchased it. It is a awesome bust. I have pictures in my collection thread. Not that you need them since you have but anyone else wants more pics.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Busts View Post
I hate that I cancelled my pre order on this one now...Gorgeous pick up man and congrats!

On a side note have you seen the GG Hawkeye? amazing
As a matter of fact, up until today, no. But I've been viewing more and more pics of different mini-busts, and yeah, Hawkeye looks extremely good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Yep I had the same reaction when I purchased it. It is a awesome bust. I have pictures in my collection thread. Not that you need them since you have but anyone else wants more pics.
Haha, after I came home with mini Venom, I did research a few other pics in here and came across yours. They were awesome, dude. Clear as crystal.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna start collecting these. I kinda have an itch to now. I'll definitely get Spider-Man, and since he's out now, possibly Green Goblin later. That way I have a mini-collection of Spidey and few of his arch foes.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #17
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
As a matter of fact, up until today, no. But I've been viewing more and more pics of different mini-busts, and yeah, Hawkeye looks extremely good.

Haha, after I came home with mini Venom, I did research a few other pics in here and came across yours. They were awesome, dude. Clear as crystal.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna start collecting these. I kinda have an itch to now. I'll definitely get Spider-Man, and since he's out now, possibly Green Goblin later. That way I have a mini-collection of Spidey and few of his arch foes.
Right on.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 AM   #18
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It's a great bust, but I wish it was a full size statue instead.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #19
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Honestly, after seeing the bookend, I think this sculpt is better off without legs.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #20
AlizAbef

I love it, man. I can't stop staring at the paint app. It's really something else. When I saw it, I thought the picture on the box looked so cool, but I had no idea that it looked like the way it does out of the box until I went home to see if I could find a few videos of it. Thankfully, there were some really good ones that amplified the sculpt and paint.

I've seen a few more pics of some of the other minis. Like the Wolverine minis...why is the paint so different on those? They had two blue Wolvies at this local shop I went into today, but I didn't really like the way he looked from the outside. Wolverine looked thin, and I didn't really like his teeth. It looked like he was grinning/smiling instead of snarling.

I guess it's just not the Wolverine I'm used to seeing. I saw a few a few vids of Deadpool, and that guy is just as good as Venom in the sculpt and paint dept. Truly incredible for a mini-bust. It's too bad he's difficult to find, and for a decent price. I wouldn't let him go either if I had him.

I didn't know there was a Spider-Man due out until I watched Statuehunter's video of Venom. I looked him up and immediately preordered him as soon as I located him on BBTS. Judging from how hard they are to find...these particular busts seem to sell out really quick. Especially when you have a paint application like Venom and Deadpool.

I've owned mini-Venom less than a day and so far I think I've stared at him more than my Punisher PF. I'm telling you guys, it's that good.