Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #101
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Those Spidey figures are wrong. It's made well over 2 billion with all five movies.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #102
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Those Spidey figures are wrong. It's made well over 2 billion with all five movies.
Domestically only?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #103
Vru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
You're comparing an Avengers franchise with only 2 movies to Batman that has had 7 and Spider-Man who has had 5? Though, I don't think that Spidey figure takes Amazing 2 into account. None the less, 2 Avengers movies alone are just shy of the Spider Man numbers? You honestly think after Infinity War I and II it wont crush those Spider-Man figures? And if you gave them 3 more, they wouldn't match the Batman numbers? Hell, for example, just add the Iron Man movies 1-3 to the first 2 Avengers since he's the driving factor in the team flicks, and an early assumption of Infinity I and II numbers, and those 7 movies murder the Batman numbers.

Basically, a bit of context is needed with your post.
Yes, That's fine... but with avenger you are considering Thor, Iron man , Hulk, capitan america, black widows.... Vs Spiderman. Do you think is fair comparison?

Anyway i just reported the CURRENT numbers to explain that Sony picture doesn't need the marvel studio helps since the income for spidey is already big enough

What's happen in the future no one knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
in this pic are reported just 3 of 5 movies posters, but the total income comes from all the Spiderman Movies (like batman )
Vru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #104
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Domestically only?
Just went and looked them up. Domestically, its shy of 2 billion, let alone well over. Still respectable numbers.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #105
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vru View Post
Yes, That's fine... but with avenger you are considering Thor, Iron man , Hulk, capitan america, black widows.... Vs Spiderman. Do you think is fair comparison?

Anyway i just reported the CURRENT numbers to explain that Sony picture doesn't need the marvel studio helps since the income for spidey is already big enough

What's happen in the future no one knows

in this pic are reported just 3 of 5 movies posters, but the total income comes from all the Spiderman Movies (like batman )
1. I don't disagree Spider-Man is more popular than any Avenger save MAYBE Iron Man to the younger generations. But yeah, he crushes Thor, Cap and Hulk in popularity, but numbers are numbers and you started the dialogue, I just corrected it. Yes, they do need Marvel, because if you look at the numbers of Spider-Man recently, its way down compared to the earlier editions. It'd be like saying Batman didn't need Chris Nolan because Burtons Batman films did well. The later two were trainwrecks, and Nolan came in and righted that train.

2. Look at the dates. That number includes 4 Spider-Man movies as the cutoff is 2012, which is when Amazing was made. It does not include Amazing 2 however.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #106
Vru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

last message for the Spidey topic, I invaded enough the Namor's page

just for clarification:

Vru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:04 PM   #107
Thor57
Teen Titans

Yeah, like I said, just shy of 2 billion. I personally think after 5 Avengers movies, they'll pass that. Not by a lot mind you, and that's no knock on Spider-Man. I enjoyed most of those movies. It just means us comic nerds are lucky as well that our favorite childhood heroes are in movies that make a crap ton of money.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #108
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
This looks truly awesome I must say!
I realize that Namor is not (directly) linked to the X-Men but AFAIK he definitely is the first mutant in the MU.
Seeing XM working on a statue of Namor does revive my hope that in the future we will see a Juggernaut statue of XM Studios (the situation with Juggernaut is reversed though compared to Namor: Juggernaut is not a mutant but he is related to the X-Men)

These are truly exciting times to be a fan and collector and I am happy to see that XM Studios is on a roll!

Rainer
Namor was the 1st mutant for a long time. However, Marvel has changed that since the introduction of En Sabah Nur. Now we have the 1st mutant dating back to ancient Egyptian times. Apocalypse gets #1 billing nowadays.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #109
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
1. I don't disagree Spider-Man is more popular than any Avenger save MAYBE Iron Man to the younger generations. But yeah, he crushes Thor, Cap and Hulk in popularity, but numbers are numbers and you started the dialogue, I just corrected it. Yes, they do need Marvel, because if you look at the numbers of Spider-Man recently, its way down compared to the earlier editions. It'd be like saying Batman didn't need Chris Nolan because Burtons Batman films did well. The later two were trainwrecks, and Nolan came in and righted that train.

2. Look at the dates. That number includes 4 Spider-Man movies as the cutoff is 2012, which is when Amazing was made. It does not include Amazing 2 however.
The last one was a trainwreck. But the third one with Riddler and Two Face was my favorite in that early series of Batman films. I still remember seeing that at the Chinese Man Theater in Hollywood, CA when I was younger. Definitely my favorite of the four.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #110
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The last one was a trainwreck. But the third one with Riddler and Two Face was my favorite in that early series of Batman films. I still remember seeing that at the Chinese Man Theater in Hollywood, CA when I was younger. Definitely my favorite of the four.
Riddler and Two-Face kinda funny when I saw it as a kid, although even than I thought how they kinda dropped the ball...saw it recently again and it was painful....cheesy line after cheesy line. It was beyond ridiculous. Bat suit with nipples SMH

New Spidermans were all over the place. Good overall casting...just weak storyline. Spiderman can achieve so much and Sony knows it.

As far as Namor goes, always hated him...more of an Aquaman fan....but this Namor statue looks sick. So impressive..that base will look glorious when the details come out
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote