Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-20-2021, 07:06 AM   #581
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Ouch...that's some difference and not really understandable, surely if shipping costs are higher that should affect all orders if on the same shipping method.
There seems to be a lot of flux in shipping prices based on availability of aircraft and ships right now. From what I understand, it’s become a bit of a bidding war as the supply is very limited so prices can skyrocket very quickly depending on how badly you want something shipped.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:16 AM   #582
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
So......did you pay the $700+ shipping charged?
Not yet. I received a notification she's about to be shipped. I really don't understand how Prime1 works and maybe the shipping cost is just a placeholder, I don't know? But, I'll keep you guys updated. I do know Optimus is paid for shipping about $200.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:57 AM   #583
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
There seems to be a lot of flux in shipping prices based on availability of aircraft and ships right now. From what I understand, it’s become a bit of a bidding war as the supply is very limited so prices can skyrocket very quickly depending on how badly you want something shipped.
they should have multiple options for people who don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Not yet. I received a notification she's about to be shipped. I really don't understand how Prime1 works and maybe the shipping cost is just a placeholder, I don't know? But, I'll keep you guys updated. I do know Optimus is paid for shipping about $200.
hope you get it closer to the lower figure
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:51 AM   #584
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I would say close to $200 in the US from spec fiction. I paid them $140 for the HMO Mai and that was a massive box. I imagine Red Sonja’s box being slightly larger. SS is still the best shipping option in the US.
That HMO Mai box was larger than some 1:3 piece boxes I've received. I'm hoping $150 is ceiling right now for these shipped (slowly and within the US)
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:57 AM   #585
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Insane shipping price and doesn't add up. I paid $325 to ship XM Hulk Transformation to my NY address from Specfiction. That was the slower option though to be fair, but $700 is insane.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:19 PM   #586
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Insane shipping price and doesn't add up. I paid $325 to ship XM Hulk Transformation to my NY address from Specfiction. That was the slower option though to be fair, but $700 is insane.
Just received the 2nd & final notice. Sadly- $764 is the final tally. And that's standard. I can't imagine if I did express holy ----!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #587
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Just received the 2nd & final notice. Sadly- $764 is the final tally. And that's standard. I can't imagine if I did express holy ----!
Holy !@$% indeed, that's ridiculous....
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:01 PM   #588
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Not really surprised. P1 is now charging 536$ for Katana. Today, they are still asking for 150$ for Injustice 2 WW, but how much tomorrow?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #589
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
They can literally put on a tortoise and take months to get to me if it saves me hundreds of dollars in shipping cost.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #590
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly round trip to Japan and pick it up from the factory?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote