Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #131
ravenshadow
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

depending on how the license works, he could stockpiling and will release a crapload when he signs on again.
ravenshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 AM   #132
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshadow View Post
depending on how the license works, he could stockpiling and will release a crapload when he signs on again.
I'd be shocked if that happened. It would make zero financial sense for Randy to continue putting man hours into statues that may or may not get produced pending license approval. The only way I could see this appending is if he gets the license and decides not to announce it right away.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #133
vegeta84
Frackin!

I'm at the point where I think Randy should simply tell us the juicy details because we have left in the dark for quite sometime. Is there going to be a new phase and what's exactly the deal thats holding everything up?
vegeta84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #134
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I will say I find the complete and utter lack of communication with his fan base to be a bit disheartening.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #135
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

what I have gleamed from what Randy has hinted at is that there is dispute between Bowen and Disney. And what has been suggested is that they want Randy to produce Marvel Now characters and not the classic characters that Randy is known for.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #136
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta84 View Post
I'm at the point where I think Randy should simply tell us the juicy details because we have left in the dark for quite sometime. Is there going to be a new phase and what's exactly the deal thats holding everything up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I will say I find the complete and utter lack of communication with his fan base to be a bit disheartening.
Me too. Complete honesty with your fan base is a must. I admire Randy's career, but I am disappointed with his lack of forthrightness.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #137
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
what I have gleamed from what Randy has hinted at is that there is dispute between Bowen and Disney. And what has been suggested is that they want Randy to produce Marvel Now characters and not the classic characters that Randy is known for.
Whatever the case is, I feel that Randy has forgotten his most powerful negotiation tool, and that is us the customers. We have the power to put pressure on Marvel or Disney to get things done and the license renewed. Nowadays, it only takes a little bit of social media outcry for companies to listen and act expeditely in favor of the consumers.

The problem here is that Randy has not been forthcoming with the true ins and outs of the negotiation. He continues to give us the runaround with his meager messages or simply shuts in total silence. These attitudes do not only hurt his business future but also his reputation as an artist. If he is ready to retire as some have suggested, then he needs to let us know so we can move on. I am already thinking in doing so.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #138
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Me too. Complete honesty with your fan base is a must. I admire Randy's career, but I am disappointed with his lack of forthrightness.
I've tried to stay positive during these negotiations, but even I'm reaching my limits. I figured the Vault sales were meant to keep the company afloat while final details were hashed out. Now I worry it's meant to clean house entirely for whatever new license Randy pursues. If Randy has already decided to part ways with Marvel, then he owes it to his fans to let them know and not string them/us along. Maybe I'm off base entirely - and I hope I am - but this is where communication would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomatrix99 View Post
If this is indeed the source of the dispute, then it would be helpful to let the fanbase know. The classic Marvel characters sell well because there is a market for it. And the market can certainly unite and let its voice be heard to Disney if need be.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #139
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I've tried to stay positive during these negotiations, but even I'm reaching my limits. I figured the Vault sales were meant to keep the company afloat while final details were hashed out. Now I worry it's meant to clean house entirely for whatever new license Randy pursues. If Randy has already decided to part ways with Marvel, then he owes it to his fans to let them know and not string them/us along. Maybe I'm off base entirely - and I hope I am - but this is where communication would be helpful.

If this is indeed the source of the dispute, then it would be helpful to let the fanbase know. The classic Marvel characters sell well because there is a market for it. And the market can certainly unite and let its voice be heard to Disney if need be.
I totally agree with you, my friend. You better than anybody knows this by heart. Through your efforts and the efforts of many others, we were able to get the Kotobukiya fine art statue line back in its proper course. When it seemed that the Sosa and Koto artistic relationship was done and over, we came to them strong and we got what we wanted. Our beloved brown costume Wolverine; Juggy and Carnage as bonuses. We still have Sabretooth and Rogue in our sight, but we will not let down the cause until is finished. This is the power of collectors in social media.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #140
protector2814
Phoenix

Bowen Designs has been posting almost daily recently on FB. I'm taking that as a good sign. Why even bother if you weren't planning on keeping some skin in the game. I still positively plan on adding a Werewolf by Night by Bowen Designs to my monster collection. SH*$ will work out, I feel it in my bones.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote