Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #291
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Arahom is Brazilian. he's extremely passionate and tends to be defensive. I don't what else to say. LOL
I think you have to see it from the point of the artist(s) too. I have one in the family so I know . If you have poured your soul into a work of art and people start to nitpick on every little detail you start to get defensive....I know my daughter does

Was the tone of the response on FB clever...no but given the passion involved understandable. And for me I rather have a defensive response from someone that shows passion and connection to the "product" then a luke warm response.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:53 AM   #292
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
I think you have to see it from the point of the artist(s) too. I have one in the family so I know . If you have poured your soul into a work of art and people start to nitpick on every little detail you start to get defensive....I know my daughter does

Was the tone of the response on FB clever...no but given the passion involved understandable. And for me I rather have a defensive response from someone that shows passion and connection to the "product" then a luke warm response.
The problem with your post is Arahom didn't pour his heart and soul into this piece because he didn't spend the hundreds of hours it took to sculpt it. Ehren is the one who sculpted the piece and poured his heart and soul into it and has been nothing but professional and very open to critiques and suggestions along the way to improve the piece. ARH really needs to hire a PR person and get Arahom away from customer interaction. The guy can't handle it and has no business being in that role. He should recognize that by now. His company's reputation will be all the better for it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:21 AM   #293
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
The problem with your post is Arahom didn't pour his heart and soul into this piece because he didn't spend the hundreds of hours it took to sculpt it. Ehren is the one who sculpted the piece and poured his heart and soul into it and has been nothing but professional and very open to critiques and suggestions along the way to improve the piece. ARH really needs to hire a PR person and get Arahom away from customer interaction. The guy can handle it and has no business being in that role. He should recognize that by now. His company's reputation will be all the better for it.
I know he didn't sculpted it, I was talking more in general of the nature of artists. English isn't my native tongue so I am sorry for not expressing myself more clearly

You are absolutely right about your last remark ...... reputation arrives on foot and leaves on horseback.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #294
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
I wanna add Apoxie sculpt to mine and extend the base a little so her feet rests on the muck and maybe some Apoxie sculpt around the dead head and add an arrow to balance the base from the front. Definitely wanna put my own paint job on this.

Thanks Ehren for bringing this beast in 1/4 scale to us...keep up the killer work.
Looking forward to seeing your paint up. Just curious if you don't mind telling what colors you will be using to get the skin tone you want?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #295
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
The problem with your post is Arahom didn't pour his heart and soul into this piece because he didn't spend the hundreds of hours it took to sculpt it. Ehren is the one who sculpted the piece and poured his heart and soul into it and has been nothing but professional and very open to critiques and suggestions along the way to improve the piece. ARH really needs to hire a PR person and get Arahom away from customer interaction. The guy can't handle it and has no business being in that role. He should recognize that by now. His company's reputation will be all the better for it.
PR agent: YES ! I mean every other person can do better than him concerning PR. So he may even ask his wife or kids or neighbours. So tell Arahom personally please. ARH would benefit and us too, so its a nice hint for him..and customers.

Means ARH is good, doing some nice statues, having good paintups, bit pricy (o.k. nearly all companies go this bad direction).. but PR : OMG !
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #296
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post

As an artist, he can get defensive regarding his arts. As ARH (Company), he must be open to criticism. Usually people that criticize the sculpt (With constructive feedbacks) are his customers.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #297
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

But I thought Alex(Averone) was their PR person,or is he just a financial backer
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #298
Rokdweller
Birdman

Passionate people respond passionately... I have no issue with that. Art and beauty are in the eye of the beholder, and the number of people out there with different tastes are endless. Most companies just ignore comments. ARH has proven that they actually open to comments/criticisms while pieces are in development. I have a huge appreciation for that! Now that the piece is basically final, it may be best to switch to ignoring comments... but that is a personality thing that may be difficult. Bottom line is I am glad they accept inputs during development and if a few defensive comments are made after the piece is final I can let that go. Thanks for the exceptional results!
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #299
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
This is what ARH posted on their FB page:

"We want to give you all some more info about this statue, and try to clarify some confusion and criticism that might occur.

First, this is a 1/4th scale statue, and this is a beast! It's huge. 25 inches high!

Second, we wanted to keep all the elements that we see on the painting on the statue, including the girls feet and the dead head on the left of the base.

Now, if we were to be completely accurate to the painting base size and diameter, we would have to sculpt a base that is over 2 feet in diameter, and probably have a statue costing around $2K!

So in order to keep the size manageable and the price affordable, we decided to reduce the footprint of the base and make it as small as possible, so of course some variation occurred from the painting.

This is a product and a product must fit some needs and requirements, so we can attend the market the best we can.

Criticizing this or that, and making comments that will not add anything at this point is just a waste of time and shows a tremendous lack of appreciation for over 12 months of hard work and dedication we put into this piece.

We at ARH Studios did the best darn work we could possible can to please our fans and Frazetta fans alike by putting hundreds of work hours into this piece.

If you really think there is anything wrong with this base, and is willing to pay $2K for this statue, just let me know, and I'll personally sculpt a very accurate size base for this piece just for you!"

There is no need for such attitude! You know what, people make criticism to try and improve on the sculpture, otherwise why would they waste their time typing it up. Also, yes, I know ARH spent a lot of time on the sculpture, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort when I criticize. I guess I am done supporting ARH...not for their quality, but for their customer services and how they represent themselves.
Have you ever expressed what you just said to ARH? The problem is we are all separated by culture...and people can misconstrue criticism (constructive or otherwise) differently.

If you are going to criticize, that also means pointing out the positive points and not just negative. If you haven't done that...I can see why he gets so defensive....if we are not getting positive reaffirmation while pointing out things that can change, we don't respond well. In that sense, we are like little puppies. Chastise when they do wrong but at the same time reaffirm the greatness and beauty of them as well. You know the saying....throw em a bone. It's the same for all us humans...whether we like to think so or not.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #300
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Have you ever expressed what you just said to ARH? The problem is we are all separated by culture...and people can misconstrue criticism (constructive or otherwise) differently.

If you are going to criticize, that also means pointing out the positive points and not just negative. If you haven't done that...I can see why he gets so defensive....if we are not getting positive reaffirmation while pointing out things that can change, we don't respond well. In that sense, we are like little puppies. Chastise when they do wrong but at the same time reaffirm the greatness and beauty of them as well. You know the saying....throw em a bone. It's the same for all us humans...whether we like to think so or not.
I did tell him the lighter shade for Conan looks good now...just the woman's face is off.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote