The Herculoids

John Allred. Facebook
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #773
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
If you had to choose one of these guys who would you choose? I definitely want mine re-painted after seeing the one John did.
I actually asked David Fisher but he told me he is just too busy doing Tweeterhead stuff and a few other corporate gigs but will let me know if gets an opening.

Saul Alvarez does incredible work as I'm sure you know but I know he is also really backed up. He did a few things for me last year and my Viking is in the line but he is always busy.

Jim Capone does fantastic work on realistic skin tone but I have never seen him try anything like Frazetta does where he blends in seemingly unatural colors like green and kind of purple and yet still look great.

I was thinking of asking Rick Cantu, he also does fantastic work. Danno Cope is great. I have seen many Paul Moore versions of the smaller CS Moore Barbarian and I know he would kill this one too. There really are a lot of great painters.

I love Alex Castro's work but some don't as much and I think he has retired from figure painting and now just does canvas. I'm sure I am forgetting a lot of great painters and I'm sure there are many more I don't even know exist. There is a guy in the middle east somewhere I think that has the Clubhouse name of "3 Demonic" and man I would love to see him do this. I don't know what his real name is though.

I'm sure Warhead knows a lot of other guys too. Warhead is a great painter himself but I don't know if he hires out? For me sometimes it isn't just a matter of one painter being better than another. Some guys are better at different things. And of course personal taste always plays a part in your decision. For me I have always wanted to have at least one thing painted by David Fisher and I thought with the complexity of the skin variations in Frazetta work in general and this one in particular it would be perfect for me to have this one done by Fisher, but alas at least not now, maybe never.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #774
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I actually asked David Fisher but he told me he is just too busy doing Tweeterhead stuff and a few other corporate gigs but will let me know if gets an opening.

Saul Alvarez does incredible work as I'm sure you know but I know he is also really backed up. He did a few things for me last year and my Viking is in the line but he is always busy.

Jim Capone does fantastic work on realistic skin tone but I have never seen him try anything like Frazetta does where he blends in seemingly unatural colors like green and kind of purple and yet still look great.

I was thinking of asking Rick Cantu, he also does fantastic work. Danno Cope is great. I have seen many Paul Moore versions of the smaller CS Moore Barbarian and I know he would kill this one too. There really are a lot of great painters.

I love Alex Castro's work but some don't as much and I think he has retired from figure painting and now just does canvas. I'm sure I am forgetting a lot of great painters and I'm sure there are many more I don't even know exist. There is a guy in the middle east somewhere I think that has the Clubhouse name of "3 Demonic" and man I would love to see him do this. I don't know what his real name is though.
Danno I know. He's ridiculously awesome. Is he also on facebook? I need contact info.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #775
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Danno I know. He's ridiculously awesome. Is he also on facebook? I need contact info.
Yes I'm pretty sure his is on Facebook. We are FB friends. I know he did the prototype for Tony Ciprianos Snow Giants for Reelart Studios.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #776
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
John Allred. Facebook
I should've known that.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #777
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Yes I'm pretty sure his is on Facebook. We are FB friends. I know he did the prototype for Tony Ciprianos Snow Giants for Reelart Studios.
Thanks dude. I just friend requested him and John.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #778
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
holy crap John killllllled this!!!
Freakin badass!
Love everything John does.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:28 AM   #779
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
He did a great job but just one thing that John often does that goes a little overboard for me is the use of yellows. I think too much yellow on the base, almost egg-yolky, but otherwise it looks awesome. Don't know why he covered up the nudity unless either client preference or so he can show on sites that don't allow nudity.
The cover-up is a just a digital addition as facebook deleted his non-covered pictures. John is a huge Frazetta/Barbarian fan which made him the perfect choice for my repaint.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #780
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
The cover-up is a just a digital addition as facebook deleted his non-covered pictures. John is a huge Frazetta/Barbarian fan which made him the perfect choice for my repaint.
How much does a repainted like this run?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote