Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-04-2018, 04:06 AM   #211
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Yeah, I missed out on Gul'dan as well. I was surprised that he never went to "Low Stock" or whatever before going to wait list as Orgrim did. And I was surprised to not see any production pics posted by Damtoys before this happened either.
Probably gonna go ahead and jump on the waitlist. He is one I cannot miss out on.

Quote:
As to Grom, I only recall seeing one screen shot of him posted where he has sort of an emotionless/blank look on his face. Both of the Damtoys statues have an angry snarl of sorts that is really different from that pic, which could explain why he seems to look different. I only recall seeing him in very brief shots in the movie, so I'm not as bothered with it if they didn't get his face completely accurate. He still looks pretty great (both statues) I think.
This is what I used to think. He was only in the movie for a combined total of what? 20 seconds? Then I started to actually look at screenshots of him. The more I saw of him, and his facial structure, the more impressed and enamored I became with him. I mean, they did his visual design complete justice in the movie. He looks mean, strong, youthful, and dare I say "sexy" for an orc. Basically, he looks like the badass alpha male orc that he has always been depicted as.

So despite only seeing him for a short time in the film, I feel that they literally perfected him. He looks amazing. After all the time I've spent analyzing his features and watching different scenes with him, his facial likeness now means a whole lot more to me because I can see just how accurate and intricate of a job they did on him.

Have you seen the deleted scene in which Grom speaks? I get chills every time I watch it, which is often. They just completely nailed his character in physical appearance and attitude. I only hope there will be another film eventually and we will see more of Grom (and that they don't change his design).

Here is the deleted scene where they discuss the Fel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmLW-_gTBRQ

Witness the sheer amount of detail, edge and depth in his face and mannerisms. It is breathtaking.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #212
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
I preordered Guldan day one and didnt get even a final payment email yet. Last i heard (2 months ago) it was delayed.
This is the reply I got from Sideshow when I specifically asked them about my chances on the waitlist for Gul'dan when I emailed customer support late last month (their reply is dated 3/27/18):

"Thanks for contacting Sideshow Support! There are times when items become available prior to shipping, due to order cancellations, and during processing, from credit card declines. If this happens, we offer those items to the wait list members via an automated service. Therefore, fulfillment is based primarily on the amount of canceled pre-orders we receive.

While your Sideshow account may show general chances for waitlist conversion on certain items, our representatives cannot track exactly where you are in the queue, due to its automated nature. Additionally, your place in line may not be an accurate indicator of fulfillment, as this entire process depends on items becoming available. We have seen editions where only two pre-orders become canceled, and others where almost 100 pieces have become available to wait list members. Giving you your place in the queue can give you false hope, or cause a premature cancellation of your reservation that may have been fulfilled.

All that said we just started shipping this item last week so this is the time where you see the most cancellations so it could still happen, we just don't know specifically since we do not have access to the waitlist. Sorry.

If you do not wish to wait for an opportunity to receive this item through the waitlist, then you may want to pursue secondary markets, such as eBay, to acquire it.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,
Jeff Dean
Operations Coordinator"

Strange they would tell me it had begun shipping if it had been delayed, but then again I wonder if the "operations coordinator" gave me a valid response pertaining specifically to Gul'dan, or just some general canned reply (as most of it seems to be) that really had nothing to do with the statue I was asking them about.

Guess all I can do is sit back and wait and see if mine converts, and if anyone actually receives their Gul'dan soon (since he says it started shipping out the 3rd week in March..). Another part of the problem is Damtoys never listed what the ES is for this guy, so who knows how many they made/are making.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #213
Vader
Ghost

I might order the blackhand now.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #214
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Did anyone here wind up ordering Gul'dan? It is now waitlisted at Sideshow. They told me he began shipping a week or two ago. Was curious how he turned out. Can't find any production pics anywhere, even after asking on Damtoys FB page.

In any event, they just revealed the next statue in this line: Grom Hellscream 2.0

Having trouble posting pics, but you can see them on their FB page, or here: http://news.toyark.com/2018/04/03/da...-statue-294910

I like this version better than Grom version 1.0
Very interested in ordering this new Hellscream 2.0, how long does it take from announcement to appear on Sideshows website for PO generally?
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #215
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post

Here is the deleted scene where they discuss the Fel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmLW-_gTBRQ

Witness the sheer amount of detail, edge and depth in his face and mannerisms. It is breathtaking.
Thanks for the link, Xeno. I hadn't seen the deleted scenes before. They should have left it in the movie.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #216
MechWestern

So odd there’s a version 2 before V1 even hits. I wonder if it’s something crazy with the licensing.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #217
MechWestern

So odd there’s a version 2 before V1 even hits. I wonder if it’s something crazy with the licensing.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #218
MechWestern

Double post. Lol
My phone is going nuts... I’ll just leave it be.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #219
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

does someone know how high the edition size is for gul'dan? anyone know if it is still available somewhere in europe?

are the damtyos statues worth the money? look damn impressive
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #220
MechWestern

Personally, Orgrim is the most impressive piece I've owned. I have 30+ SS PFs, some Prime 1 pieces, some XM stuff, etc etc, but this one takes the cake. Just an amazing looking piece with a serious presence.