Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #1021
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I wasn’t ready to buy this yet, but I went ahead and took the plunge. I’m not sure I’ll ever need another Superman statue. This one will be difficult to beat......but you never know.
To me this is the definitive Superman and the one that beats all. I really can't see another one being better unless it's made by Prime 1 lol.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:09 PM   #1022
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm kicking myself for not pre ordering this. Ugh!!!
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #1023
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I'm kicking myself for not pre ordering this. Ugh!!!
Was going to PO late last night and now waitlist. Ha. I have sculpted on PO but wanted a fabric to give as a gift to my brother. I mean this thing can be appreciated by non collectors. Anyone would admire this. I just can't believe how awesome it is! That video has the cape looking really nice also. Thanks for that review!
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #1024
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This epic grail superman is better than having 5 good smaller versions.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #1025
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This epic grail superman is better than having 5 good smaller versions.
This is the core argument for not collecting 1/4 and getting less 1/3 scale that's higher quality.

This Superman makes that case with an exclamation point.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #1026
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
This is the core argument for not collecting 1/4 and getting less 1/3 scale that's higher quality.

I agree, but there's just always going to be that question with collectors of what make the most sense to them in regards to space; having some 1/3's and having fewer statues overall or having no 1/3's (or like 1 or 2 AT MOST) and having more room for 1/4's. And of course there is no "wrong" answer.

And it's not ONLY 1/4's, either. I would imagine plenty of people who have 1/4's also have 1/5's, 1/6's, 1/10's, funko pops, other smaller figures from DC Collectibles, etc, and it all just adds up. It really just boils down to what kind of collector you want to be; a lot of stuff in the smaller sizes or a smaller amount of stuff in the bigger sizes.

The only, ONLY collectibles I have are 1/3, 1/4, and 1 1/5. Absolutely nothing else. And seeing as how even when my collection is "done" I will only have 13 combined pieces, it really isn't tough for me to have those 13 be majority 1/3's. But for people who want like 30+ things (regardless of scale size,)......yeah. You just have to pick and choose what your preference is.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #1027
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

Have to Agree 100%. That's why I like larger 1/4 scales because I realize my affinity is for 1/3 however I don't have a large collection so I'm not as concerned about space.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #1028
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Space is space. People overblow the ability to manage a 1/3 piece for many reasons. Some of those include the need to receive more statues in the mail with more frequency. Even with all the questionable QC issues that come with it more often than not.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #1029
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I agree, but there's just always going to be that question with collectors of what make the most sense to them in regards to space; having some 1/3's and having fewer statues overall or having no 1/3's (or like 1 or 2 AT MOST) and having more room for 1/4's. And of course there is no "wrong" answer.

And it's not ONLY 1/4's, either. I would imagine plenty of people who have 1/4's also have 1/5's, 1/6's, 1/10's, funko pops, other smaller figures from DC Collectibles, etc, and it all just adds up. It really just boils down to what kind of collector you want to be; a lot of stuff in the smaller sizes or a smaller amount of stuff in the bigger sizes.

The only, ONLY statues I have are 1/3, 1/4, and 1 1/5. Absolutely nothing else. And seeing as how even when my collection is "done" I will only have 13 combined pieces, it really isn't tough for me to have those 13 be majority 1/3's. But for people who want like 30+ things (regardless of scale size,)......yeah. You just have to pick and choose what your preference is.
Ok, this includes myself before I changed finally to 1:3. I can see many will get offended because all they've been collecting for many years in 1:4 which was considered the ultimate scale at the time. They will try to justify why 1:4 is the best because it's what they've been getting and have built a massive collection already. So in return they make tons of excuses on why 1:3 is no good. Space? Cant get them from Asia? Sculpt is not is good? Since then all of those excuses has been debunked and the pics do not lie. This 1:3 scale blows away the competition. If someone walks in a room will they rush to see the 5 small superman and say wow! Or will they rush to see the one massive superman towering over the entire room? You all know what the answer is. Eventually people will take notice more so when the top characters gets their turn for 1:3. No point resisting. Sell the good statues for the ultimate version!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #1030
M United
The Spirit

There is collectors who would go the 1:4 route and get every represnetation of the character or there is a collector like me who buys mostly 1:3 and some 1:2 and just get the key piece of that character i want. I prefer going 1:3 but for me that means out i miss out on other pieces. So with the Justice league i am only collecting the trinity where as if i went the 1:4 router i would collect them all.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote