Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #91
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I don't get the hype for this... for $1600. Are you guys really G1 fans? It's a nice statue but interpretative, and definitely not "G1". Art direction is the typical overly busy style you see from IA, probably sculpted dispassionately by a Chinese guy who didn't grow up with G1.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #92
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I.....probably sculpted dispassionately by a Chinese guy who didn't grow up with G1.
Or sculpted by Suheryanto Hatmaja from Singapore.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #93
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I don't get the hype for this... for $1600. Are you guys really G1 fans? It's a nice statue but interpretative, and definitely not "G1". Art direction is the typical overly busy style you see from IA, probably sculpted dispassionately by a Chinese guy who didn't grow up with G1.
I’m a G1 fan but prefer the interpretive and busy. I’d prefer my TF’s be closer to War for Cybertron designs.

I look at it like this. Every company under the sun is making TF pieces. PCS for purists, P1 movie, IA was for purists then lost its focus, XM a little bit of everything and who knows what’s in store for us with Queen Studios. There’s something for everyone and that’s how it should be.

I personally think this is “the” Megatron for my collection and after receiving Optimus which is a TF grail I have no problem ponying up the “let’s be realistic after shipping” 2K+ on this piece. Now if you are a straight on G1 purist you should be jumping on the PCS Megatron. I absolutely love the base colors on that piece and the smirking head.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #94
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Pretty ----ty thing to say dude honestly.

I'm not a fan of these XM designs but i'd never question the work and effort put into these pieces ever...

Also any Transfromers fan knows there is a whole wide world of designs beyond G1 and these should be explored, especially when it comes to high price, high detailed and high end collectibles.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:17 PM   #95
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
YEAH i'm not looking to buy a statue that looks like the cartoon. It would be simple it would lack detail and would not be worth the money.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:18 AM   #96
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Wrong thread.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:11 AM   #97
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I’m a G1 fan but prefer the interpretive and busy. I’d prefer my TF’s be closer to War for Cybertron designs.

I look at it like this. Every company under the sun is making TF pieces. PCS for purists, P1 movie, IA was for purists then lost its focus, XM a little bit of everything and who knows what’s in store for us with Infinity Studios. There’s something for everyone and that’s how it should be.

I personally think this is “the” Megatron for my collection and after receiving Optimus which is a TF grail I have no problem ponying up the “let’s be realistic after shipping” 2K+ on this piece. Now if you are a straight on G1 purist you should be jumping on the PCS Megatron. I absolutely love the base colors on that piece and the smirking head.
Has Infinity confirmed they will be doing (non-Bay) Transformers??
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:16 AM   #98
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Has Infinity confirmed they will be doing (non-Bay) Transformers??
It’s Queen Studios. They have a banner with the movie line but posted this. We’ll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗼n 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆! 😎
It will include Transformers Movie Series, Bumblebee Movie Serie and G1 Animation Series. Make space in your display rooms, dens and caves, and ready your wallet for these incredible new collectibles!☺️
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:05 AM   #99
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
It’s Queen Studios. They have a banner with the movie line but posted this. We’ll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗼n 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆! 😎
It will include Transformers Movie Series, Bumblebee Movie Serie and G1 Animation Series. Make space in your display rooms, dens and caves, and ready your wallet for these incredible new collectibles!☺️
Wow! Thanks brotha!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #100
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like this megatron but I wonder if they will do a galvatron

I don’t know if waiting to see if they make that version would be worth the risk of missing out on megatron

They did do nemesis prime so idk
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote