Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #91
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

@Dark Get a spoon, have seat and bite down hard.

Shipping from P1 to Connecticut for the Ultimate is:

$631 for standard (fast)
$284.40 for economy (snail)

Hope this helps. If you are interested in this piece I'd suggest Secret Compass they are out of Colorado. Contact Shane if you have any questions.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:12 PM   #92
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

@ Eternal BLue

lol.

So pretty much $300, but with the chance that it gets knocked around during shipping.

I'm kind of just sitting here facepalming. I know Prime 1 makes some great pieces, but I just question these escalating prices from them. I mean I love DOOM and so don't a lot of other people, but I mean, I don't think it's a major major seller that people will be swarming over. I just question how much profit, how many units they realistically expect to sell off a piece like this given the demand for it. DOOM is probably kind of niche at this point.

Makes me question what they are going to charge for the Resident Evil remake statues when they finally make them. DOOM and resident evil were the ones I was waiting on. Not looking good......
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:46 PM   #93
Silicon Man
Frackin!

It's hard to understand why Prime 1 is using this statue as a test for price hikes.

There was not a ton of hype for this piece, and it's relatively niche.

Bane Versus Batman was heavily hyped, and even its $1749 price was considered to be a bit unreasonable.

This DOOM statue is amazing, but Prime 1 should seriously consider dropping the price. From what I know, that's unprecedented for them.

The world economy is plummeting, and it will likely take years to come back.

If Prime 1 thinks that it can continue pricing statues like this, then they are shooting themselves in the foot with the BFG.
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #94
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post
It's hard to understand why Prime 1 is using this statue as a test for price hikes.

There was not a ton of hype for this piece, and it's relatively niche.

Bane Versus Batman was heavily hyped, and even its $1749 price was considered to be a bit unreasonable.

This DOOM statue is amazing, but Prime 1 should seriously consider dropping the price. From what I know, that's unprecedented for them.

If Prime 1 thinks that it can continue pricing statues like this, then they are shooting themselves in the foot with the BFG.
My thoughts as well.

Video game pieces are very niche and may struggle to even hold value after the hype has come and gone.

Amazing work but I wouldn't recommend using that BFG on yourself...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #95
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah I wonder how these companies will survive, I cut back to almost nothing last year and they're the last thing I'd buy now but I still like seeing the new pieces but I'm surprised how fast they keep coming as well as the prices increasing...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #96
eternalblue02

I may still pony up the bones for this piece at some point. Doom is one of my top 5 franchises and there's enough 90's Doom Guy in this piece for me to like. Plus I like the Pinky design he's standing on. If this was the Cyber Demon/Tyrant I'd have no hesitation. It doesn't help IA Devy was shown and the P1 Hushcave piece. At this point for me it's either buy a bunch of smaller/cheaper statues or 1 big one for the year. This would have been it but they had to go and show Hushcave...

This is going to be sitting for a while and multiple places are selling the Ultimate on down so there's no rush.

@Super Metroid They'll survive on suckers like me.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:30 AM   #97
Python
Omega Red

Prices have been getting silly for years now, but this one takes the cake. If you do really want this, maybe hold off for a while. A few Prime 1 pieces have actually been added to Sideshows site in this last week or two, in fact Sideshow seem to be selling anything they can atm. Click on the "view all new releases" tab and be prepared for a huge list of random tat. I'm not saying all P1 stuff will be going up on SSC again, but there might be a chance now...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #98
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Glad to see some people of like minds here. I'm still scratching my head on this one.

Hell, I even just noticed the Akuma 1/4 Ultimate Edition with the Classic swap out from Prime 1 is still in stock. And that's a top tier in demand video game character. So if that character isn't going to sell out at around $1300, what chance does Doomguy have at $2300 for the ultimate, even the reg version for $1800. I just question their business tactics at this point. It feels like they are literally losing out on money by not making it more reachable/accessible to more buyers. There is no way the development of these statues cost that much.

It's a great statue though, and if anyone has the money and freedom from debt, it would be unbelievable to have.

Very tough....

*Edit: Does anyone know by the way if Prime 1 ever has discounts or anything on their site? I know Python above just mentioned waiting it out on sideshow which I will keep an eye on.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #99
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
*Edit: Does anyone know by the way if Prime 1 ever has discounts or anything on their site? I know Python above just mentioned waiting it out on sideshow which I will keep an eye on.
Only things I've seen are % off around certain holidays and when they have a piece that's been sitting forever and they want it gone. Just keep checking their website it's usually plastered on the front page. You do get reward points with them for purchasing through their site but I still prefer SS.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:01 AM   #100
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post

Some folks believe companies like these will be in for a reckoning these next few months (or years). Anyone here think it's possible for retail statue prices to come down? Has this ever happened?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote