Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-09-2020, 10:57 AM   #121
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
What do guys think the after prices of this piece will be? I haven't tracked after market prices of prime 1 pieces that much. I remember like 2 years ago a number of the Batman arkham line seemed to hold their value or slightly go down. Do prime 1 prices sky rocket down the road?
This piece is fantastic but not Arkham Origins Mr. Freeze EX fantastic. The piece is already overpriced and it's a video game statue as others have said. It's going to sit at all stores for a while. I’ll be using Mr. Freeze as an example because of it’s grail appeal in collector circles. The price point differences in such short time is crazy.

This is just my opinion, there are probably more variables others can share but from my own experiences this is what I've noticed. I'll use Ebay because that's what I'm familiar with. I know nothing about Facebook auctions. There are two things going on. There are folks who resell using Buy it Now or sit on a statue till they get what they want for it (which could take a long time) and sellers like myself who go the old fashion route and watch people duke it out and make up losses elsewhere. (speedy) I have never resold a P1 piece that has made above retail. I came close with my Ledge Joker. I rarely see anyone rallying they sold a piece above retail in the Ebay circles I deal with. No matter how old/wanted or low ES it is. I'd like to believe Mr. Freeze EX would/will sell for above retail for how low the ES and popular a piece it is. I actually got mine on Ebay after cancelling the SS PO. The seller wanted 3K for it and actually talked him down below retail and he rolled the shipping in so I paid around what SS was selling him for. Would I pay more for the piece? Sure, but not 3K sure.

It's really a crapshoot on who is listing this piece and how much they feel they can get for it. I do believe by the time you decide and move/save funds to get this piece it will still be available to you new on SC, BBTS & P1. Heck I'm selling a bunch of my P1 Bayformers when the virus clears. I see folks trying to get 3K+ for them. That's just unrealistic even moreso in this time with unemployment sky rocketing and folks going to have to rely on aid & food banks to just get by the next year or more.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #122
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yea I remember the hype for that Mr. Freeze piece. It's a great statue.

I keep taps on the selling prices at least on EBAY for some of the statues I have. The thanos on throne EX, goro (MKX) 1/3 and Prime 1 Venom have had some significant increases, but that by no means that people are paying those numbers for them.

It's an interesting hobby. I'm surprised some other pieces I've had an interest in like the Bloodborne Prime 1 statues, F4F Artorias Bust, and Prime 1 Akuma are all still for sale.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:26 PM   #123
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Yea I remember the hype for that Mr. Freeze piece. It's a great statue.

I keep taps on the selling prices at least on EBAY for some of the statues I have. The thanos on throne EX, goro (MKX) 1/3 and Prime 1 Venom have had some significant increases, but that by no means that people are paying those numbers for them.

It's an interesting hobby. I'm surprised some other pieces I've had an interest in like the Bloodborne Prime 1 statues, F4F Artorias Bust, and Prime 1 Akuma are all still for sale.
It is what it is. Even though I sell, I learn more by reading what the guys here say. A lot of folks here have a wealth of information. You might want to check the P1 Arkham thread. I think buried in there is a discussion about P1 after market prices. I would hate for Doomguy to sit but you might get lucky and find him up in a few years at P1 store with a % off for the holidays or Chinese New Year. That would be the time to pounce.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:43 PM   #124
Blacksunn

Saw a FB post today saying this has been canceled... Anyone hear anything?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #125
dao2
Cyclops

Apparently it's not
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM   #126
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Apparently it's not
Say who?

Don't want it cancelled because I want to get one eventually but probably should be from a financial perspective.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:30 PM   #127
MPCanes
The X-Men

I ordered direct through prime 1 and it hasn’t been canceled.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:00 AM   #128
eternalblue02

I’ll believe it when it’s listed on their site like the last cancellations.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:17 AM   #129
Python
Omega Red

A mod confirmed that rumor to be false. It's still good to go.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:02 AM   #130
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
A mod confirmed that rumor to be false. It's still good to go.
Great to hear.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote