Views:	29
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	71549
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnet came offf.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	71550

My Scorpion got a broken knee skull pad, some paint spots on the lava and the regular head magnet came off. Here's the response from the returns department.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

Regarding the magnets, we have found the pull on some of the magnets to be stronger than the glue used to adhere the magnets. Because of this any replacement we provide you will have the same issue. Additionally, because this is a hand painted item, there are slight variances in paint application to the bases. Because of this the black marks you are reporting are normal for this piece and do not warrant a base replacement.

If you would like to keep your Scorpion Statue as is, we can offer you a $50.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store or any item you currently have on pre-order.

If you would like to proceed with the option listed above and need a recommendation for a type of glue to use on your repair for the knee and magnets, we recommend Zap-A-Gap which comes in a green bottle and is available in most hardware or hobby stores. It is also available for purchase online.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

(805) 214-2139 Office * (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2

Basically he's telling me to buy a glue and fix the magnet and the kneepad myself. The black paint spots are normal(?!), keep the base(I really don't see it normal) and give me a $50 credit.

I am really frustrated. Please give me some advice as how to response this e-mail.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

They recommended you a glue

Serious note, I'd take the money and repair it myself. That's just me tho. Only downfall would be the kneecap. Good luck

A F**KEN GLUE!!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
bigsilva77
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Atleast their offering you a $50 refund: Take it Bud and glue it. No big deal

bowen designs would tell you "if your not happy with it send it back for a full refund, we don't do partial refunds" Then turn-around and close your bowen acct., because their not happy with your Video Review and Response!!

p.s My whole Bowen Collection is up for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a pm
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The broken knee guard is enough reason for a replacement. Did you make it clear in your email it was broken? It's hard to tell from the photo alone.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hey any one have pics to post of there broken Scorpion pieces post em up. Also post some pics of the carnage after you had to destroy the piece that was replaced!! I wanna see some smashed scorpions.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

I thought it was suppose to be mint delivered to my house. I really don't want to fix anything. If I fix it, every time I look at it I will feel bad.

StatueHunter75 I know you have the broken kee pad too. Please let me know how Daniel response to you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XuE...1&feature=plcp
Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Krueger187
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I feel your pain my magnets came off regular head and statue
But that's no big deal glue the magnets back on most important is there Any breakage oh major scuff etc... I personally wouldn't except anything broken especially when is still in stock send it back order a new one.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
Krueger187
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Question the magnets are glued on anyways aren't they ?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
cgdc
The Herculoids

I'd probably just glue it and take the credit. I've had to glue little things on a couple of my statues and no one has ever noticed.

If your really not cool with that, just email them back and tell them politely that you are not comfortable with having to glue/ fix things yourself and that you would like a replacement instead.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #10
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
The broken knee guard is enough reason for a replacement. Did you make it clear in your email it was broken? It's hard to tell from the photo alone.
Problem with that is the replacement will most likely come broken as well.
Closed Thread