Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-20-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

DC Bombshell re-release??

Just looked at BBTS and there are preorders for WW, PI and other previous sold out statues that was released sometime ago.

I assume these are re-release statues? Are they numbered or open ES. I know when I got my Holiday Harley Quinn, she had no number. For some reason I thought she would be numbered.

Kind of suck if DC is pumping out previous sold out statues.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:52 PM   #2
dechirico7
The Flash

DC doesn't release their statue runs all at once. They do them in batches. Kotobukiya does the same thing. They aren't really re-releases. The second release of the BW Timm Harley Quinn was a re-release, but they changed the colors. I think WW, Ivy and Supergirl have hit the market at least three times now. You didn't see the Harley Quinn orginal bishoujo do this because she actually sold out a head of time. All 5k of them that were made.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:58 PM   #3
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
DC doesn't release their statue runs all at once. They do them in batches. Kotobukiya does the same thing. They aren't really re-releases. The second release of the BW Timm Harley Quinn was a re-release, but they changed the colors. I think WW, Ivy and Supergirl have hit the market at least three times now. You didn't see the Harley Quinn orginal bishoujo do this because she actually sold out a head of time. All 5k of them that were made.
Are you sure? When bbts first sold them it was listed as numbered Es of 5200. The current preorder for PI, WW & SG doesn't mentioned it. The other new Bombshells states they are limited to 5200.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #4
Jsterling
Doh!

Easiest way to tell would be to see the box, DC direct pieces that are an open edition re-release state "second edition" on the box where "limited edition" would have been. If they do not state the limited number that is certainly odd, maybe they are re-releasing them. I did recently get a bombshell PI and it is a first edition so it may be part of that batch, but without seeing it who knows.
Jsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I pray to God that they re-release the Harley Bombshell. It's my understanding that Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Supergirl were all re-released with their original paint apps. Who's missing? Harley-- who got the Christmas variant instead. I refuse to put out the $300 to $400 asked on ebay for the original.

I suppose the easiest way of checking if you have a second edition of the older Bombshells is seeing if they have a magnetic nameplate... Glad DCC wised up after hearing all the stories of broken nameplates in the first releases.
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Picked up the Poison Ivy Bombshell. While it doesn't specifically say it, I think it's some kind of "second edition" but is still numbered out of the original 5200 - it has the magnetic nameplates and the vines are slightly different.

Since it's numbered 4043, I'm guessing the stopped production half way after realising the nameplate breakages were so common that they made the later batches differently.
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
dechirico7
The Flash

I still think they don't have them produced all at once. I will see if I can contact them and ask.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #8
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have a question. I noticed on DC Comics site that a couple of the bombshells are up for preorder. Does that mean they are reissues.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote