Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #721
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That's a valid query as is does/will PCS have the sales at this point to warrant production.

If their new stuff is selling enough to warrant continually making POs then they should just cancel these older pieces and provide refunds.
There are people who still REALLY want these Ultra pieces including myself and after a 2 year wait to get cancelled it would be a huge ----ing slap in the face, so no they shouldn't do that at all.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #722
jac1066
Blue Falcon

PCS showed off a production sample of Juri earlier this year. Production SHOULD be well under way at this point. Ant said they were aiming to have 13 statues shipped before Chinese new year, I would think she would be one of them.

Quote:
10. "Are the items above it? Or do I need to worry about not getting my statues at all?" We have never not delivered a statue and with our new partnership we have shifted hard to catch up on the back log of orders. We have over 13 statues on schedule to leave China prior to Chinese New Year. So we will be averaging over 3 statues a month leave China. The pre-CNY crowd includes fan favorites Goro, Rambo, Scorpion and Chun-Li to name a few as well as some well over due like Cyrax and Howling. The next three are Mileena (already picked up from China), White Ranger bust (pick up scheduled by end of month) and She-Ra (pick up scheduled by end of month).
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #723
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
There are people who still REALLY want these Ultra pieces including myself and after a 2 year wait to get cancelled it would be a huge ----ing slap in the face, so no they shouldn't do that at all.
If it costs more to make than the profit obtained it impede PCS's ability to refund customers money then yes they should cancel it.
Obviously PCS has proven itself unworthy to manage business risk with customers' money.

You don't get your statue at the expense of those that no longer want it no matter how badly you or anyone else want it if there aren't still enough customers that will pay to justify production.

Ken MM was sitting at $100 off and free shipping yesterday. If that isn't a loss then these things have way more profit than has been indicated.

If PCS can have sufficient cash to return to all rightful customers by canceling dead weight statues that is exactly what should go down.
We've all been duped and there never was sufficient demand to justify the economics of producing these things.

So yeah if it means everyone getting all their money back that ordered the statue including both those that no longer want it and even those that still do I'll slap you and anyone else in the face and hand you your money.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:39 PM   #724
built2shred
Phoenix

Odds are they don't have the cash to refund orders and Odds are they don't have the cash to start/finish production on them.... so they're only play is to keep putting up new statues for pre-order in order to pay for the production of statues they pre-sold years ago....

It's the old adage of steal from peter to pay paul

Of course this is just speculation on my part as I don't have access to their books but given everything that has happen the last year or so I think it's a pretty good guess.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #725
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yep that is most likely and if it isn't then canceled statues are in order.

They have to find the factory that will do a good enough job at the right time at the right price.
Probably more opportunities to combine and piggy back on a factory's other production work and shipping from this time leading up to Chinese New Year because the fall and winter is
PCS's classic time for a flood of releases.

PCS is in a recursive groundhog day with no base case in sight.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #726
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If it costs more to make than the profit obtained it impede PCS's ability to refund customers money then yes they should cancel it.
Obviously PCS has proven itself unworthy to manage business risk with customers' money.

You don't get your statue at the expense of those that no longer want it no matter how badly you or anyone else want it if there aren't still enough customers that will pay to justify production.

Ken MM was sitting at $100 off and free shipping yesterday. If that isn't a loss then these things have way more profit than has been indicated.

If PCS can have sufficient cash to return to all rightful customers by canceling dead weight statues that is exactly what should go down.
We've all been duped and there never was sufficient demand to justify the economics of producing these things.

So yeah if it means everyone getting all their money back that ordered the statue including both those that no longer want it and even those that still do I'll slap you and anyone else in the face and hand you your money.
I don't agree at all.

I can't even imagine the backlash if they cancelled a bunch of promised statues at this point.....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #727
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I don't agree at all.

I can't even imagine the backlash if they cancelled a bunch of promised statues at this point.....
Of course you don't agree but if, and I understand it is an if, everyone that wants a statue means holding hostage people that want refunds well then no statue for you. Regardless of backlash business is business and business is money not statues. If everyone gets their money back and no statue that's what is fair. These lines that have been PCS's bread and butter SF MM, SF Ultra, MK whatever are all dead in the water and digging a deeper hole is just making it worse.
And as far a new offers you think that Starscream Sideshow is pumping today is flying off at $750 even as nice as it looks? Keep dreaming.

If people were wanting this stuff enough to justify it being made the Kens Zangiefs and others wouldn't be sitting in a warehouse for months with offers of 25% discounts and free shipping.
Making a business decision guaranteed to lose money isn't a way to run a business or to treat paying customers just so those still interested get their precious statue.
That is the thinking that enabled Macaluso in the 1st place.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #728
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I kind of miss Jerry posting here. He would tell us that we're all wrong, and that we're terrible human beings for questioning his business mind, because he's not a businessman, but an artist first, running a small, struggling art studio in SoCal.

Was the release date for Juri pushed back recently? I wouldn't had ordered the P2 black a month ago.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:05 PM   #729
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I kind of miss Jerry posting here. He would tell us that we're all wrong, and that we're terrible human beings for questioning his business mind, because he's not a businessman, but an artist first, running a small, struggling art studio in SoCal.

Was the release date for Juri pushed back recently? I wouldn't had ordered the P2 black a month ago.
Hmmm yes that post is both on fire and dripping with the fuel of sarcasm.

Still says Est. Arrival: Jan 2019 - Mar 2019 on Sideshow.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #730
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

PCS better post more pics or update statues are being made. I was tempted to say F#$% it and cancel all my PCS orders. They have no consideration.

They posted a Pic of Juri and there saying leaving end of month from China.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Juri.png
Views:	68
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	118386  
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote