Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #121
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsycatcha View Post
That's the thing, iv heard other collectors say the same thing about Howards version yet to me, it looks pretty perfect lol.
Fatherphantom do some great resin busts but they actually did a full silicone with punched hair but never really showed it off which was odd. I really want to see that
Iv seen 2 videos of the joker by Queen studio and one looked ok, the other looked way better.
They did pretty well with it imo as Heath is quite hard to get right.
Phantom does offer their bust in silicone. My biggest gripe with their version is that the portrait is lifeless and has no attitude. It's just a blank, mannequin like stare. The QS version looks like he's ready to kick ass.

I did see a video of the Joker. While the likeness isn't as bad as say HT figures, it definitely lacks the quality of a $3k bust compared to what others put out there. The hair looks really fake and the clothing isn't even movie accurate. That bust is way overpriced considering Howard makes a better one for just a little more. Bobby seems to still make the best Heath 1:1 bust out there. I have one coming from him soon.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #122
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Phantom does offer their bust in silicone. My biggest gripe with their version is that the portrait is lifeless and has no attitude. It's just a blank, mannequin like stare. The QS version looks like he's ready to kick ass.

I did see a video of the Joker. While the likeness isn't as bad as say HT figures, it definitely lacks the quality of a $3k bust compared to what others put out there. The hair looks really fake and the clothing isn't even movie accurate. That bust is way overpriced considering Howard makes a better one for just a little more. Bobby seems to still make the best Heath 1:1 bust out there. I have one coming from him soon.
There is a (technically) better ledger bust, it was made from a 3d scan of ledger with the prosthetics attached (so pretty much 100٪ accurate) it was offered as a limited run on the rpf a good few years ago. I have the raw cast which I will (one day ) get round to finishing.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #123
gypsycatcha
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Yea I get that. A lot of artists and companies tend to use the studio mold which probably explains the lack of expression.
Yes I agree, the hair did look really cheap on that joker considering its a 3k bust. I do think they captured Heath though which many other have failed to do so.

Bobby's joker is unbelievable . I have a full Bobby C joker statue and its my pride and joy.
You will love it when you receive yours.
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #124
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
There is a (technically) better ledger bust, it was made from a 3d scan of ledger with the prosthetics attached (so pretty much 100٪ accurate) it was offered as a limited run on the rpf a good few years ago. I have the raw cast which I will (one day ) get round to finishing.
I would love to see that one finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsycatcha View Post
Yea I get that. A lot of artists and companies tend to use the studio mold which probably explains the lack of expression.
Yes I agree, the hair did look really cheap on that joker considering its a 3k bust. I do think they captured Heath though which many other have failed to do so.

Bobby's joker is unbelievable . I have a full Bobby C joker statue and its my pride and joy.
You will love it when you receive yours.
Which is baffling to me consider they did really well with human hair on literally all other busts they've done.

Yes, I've seen yours plenty of times. You definitely got a great piece there. I hope it meets my expectations. I used to have the Howard S version. While a very good piece, it ultimately didn't make the cut.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 AM   #125
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:

This one was finished by someone else who was in on the run.

El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #126
gypsycatcha

Quote:

Which is baffling to me consider they did really well with human hair on literally all other busts they've done.

Yes, I've seen yours plenty of times. You definitely got a great piece there. I hope it meets my expectations. I used to have the Howard S version. While a very good piece, it ultimately didn't make the cut.
Yeah it is very strange and doesn't look like real hair, very cheap.
Ah I like Howards joker ( I take it you mean his 2nd silicone version ) but I do prefer Bobbys.
You will be super impressed by it.
I have a few silicone busts but there is something about Bobbys which is even more realistic than the others and you are literally waiting for him to blink lol.
He's a very talented artist.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:09 AM   #127
gypsycatcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
This one was finished by someone else who was in on the run.

Yes this joker is really awesome. the guy who owns this has the best lifesize batman, dark knight collection iv ever seen.

The hair work in this being as its resin is so well done.
Definitely one of the best out there.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:27 AM   #128
azurepred
Zot

That's a pretty dope joker. Who's collection does it belong to?

Ok guys, so i got the chance to see these 3 busts in person. Absolutely phenomenal work. From what i saw in person, i had no complaints about likeness. I really can't see anyone making a better one.

I spoke with the reps there and was also told they were production pieces. They said they're working on US and EU distribution rights. Their top artist was there and i wish they would've let me take pictures, but he showed me finished products on his ipad for thanos, hulk and captain marvel. Hulk and thanos were jaw droppping amazing too.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #129
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ They are at Monsterpalooza? They wouldn't let you take pictures in a public space????

I'm interested in Captain Marvel. Good female busts are a rare breed.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:36 AM   #130
azurepred
Zot

Yep, they are over here this weekend. These are private photos that the sculptor showed me on his iPad. You guys will be floored.