Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #61
built2shred
Phoenix

SS has a few really great DC statues (IE: Bane, Cheetah, Batgirl, etc..) but a lot of their DC stuff IMO misses the mark... From questionable female face sculpts to really boring poses and bases... Plus I'm not a fan of Mix Media so that doesn't help either... IMO SS has kind of struggled..

Tweeterhead has had a few mistakes coming out of the gate (Supergirl & Superman) but most of their stuff has been really great... I know WW has the neck seam but unless you place her up high your never gong to see it, so that one I can forgive... But that goofy smile on Supergirl and Superman QC being hit with Kryptonite were major issues IMO.. I think it was also a mistake to copy SS Superman PF's boring base... not sure what Chad was thinking there... but Joker, Harley, The Pooches and Mxyzptlk have been awesome...

XM is doing so really awesome stuff, there only miss so far is Cyborg but they could make changes to him before he releases... Probably the only issues with this line is whether or not your a fan of the Rebirth costumes and the higher price tag. But the detail on their statues is amazing...

As far as how fast Tweeterhead is releasing the statues, I think their pace is fine... they're releasing them a lot faster then XM.... And I doubt TH will lose the DC license, based on all the companies that are making DC stuff, I would say DC is not stingy with their licenses or picky about who has one
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #62
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
You are helping the whole discussion spiral out by starting an argument. I finished saying what I wanted regarding the JL line with that one post, only reason I am STILL talking about this is because of YOU. It’s true that the prospect of finished core 7 JL by SDCC is unlikely right now. I never said the line is not moving quickly. Don’t put words in my mouth.
I honestly didn't realize I was in an argument. I thought we were discussing the status of the current superpowers line up. Initially we were to have seen a lot of previews, then the superman issue happened. This caused a reassessment as to how much should be put up for preorder to be manageable. Regardless, I don't know why everything is automatically escalated to the title of an argument when we are just words on a screen.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #63
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I honestly didn't realize I was in an argument. I thought we were discussing the status of the current superpowers line up. Initially we were to have seen a lot of previews, then the superman issue happened. This caused a reassessment as to how much should be put up for preorder to be manageable. Regardless, I don't know why everything is automatically escalated to the title of an argument when we are just words on a screen.
When there is a disagreement and people trying to prove each other wrong, it’s an argument. This conversation is going nowhere, so let’s leave this conversation to rest so the thread can get back to topic.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:14 AM   #64
George Clark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Love it!!! While I would love the full reveal, this is all I need to see to commit to this piece!! Black Adam is a must as well!!
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #65
Mister H
Gen 13

Even those little tassel things are great.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #66
Dark Knight.
Birdman

So what are the projections for Flash and Aquaman? Will we see any prototypes at SDCC?
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #67
Mister H
Gen 13

I think a removable cape for Black Adam would be great. I liked the caped look for him in the 2000’s and I like the un-caped version too. I’ll buy him either way though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #68
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:30 PM   #69
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, saw that too. Exciting news!

Can't wait to see how the Shazam Family turns out.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #70
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote