Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-21-2022, 07:39 PM   #31
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Just what possesses Iron Studio to make such a piece? Is it really a highly sought-after statue by horror fans out there? I wonder how well this will sell.

As a movie-based statue, the headsculpt has a surprisingly good likeness for such a small piece. I am not sure about the choice of pose. Doesn't seem very movie accurate to me.

This would work better as a larger diorama with the priests included holding the holy water instead of leaving it in the bed. They should do it authentically if they want to truly capture the spirit of the movie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Excorcist.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	157003  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:00 PM   #32
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I agree it needs to be an ensemble piece. Without the priest, the scene has no resolution. I'm not necessarily a fan of this movie or the horror genre overall, but since this is based on a real-life rite, which drew many people to this movie in the first place, they should've thought out the execution better.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:13 AM   #33
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Trust your gut. It's just a movie, yes, dramatizing a statistically rare thing. But you ever wonder why the modern man seeks to dismantle absolutely everything that was the foundation of Western society, namely the single institution that has outlived its enemies for 2000 years and counting. Perhaps that institution is divine, and true.
Dude, what the hell are you smoking or snorting?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 03:03 AM   #34
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Am I even allowed to add some background commentary on what this movie was based on without getting yelled at? I intend to remain well within the forum rules in addressing the quoted post, regarding a very common reluctance that people have against watching this particular movie. To tread the bounds of "pop culture" while avoiding the any real-life things that it often calls back to, is unrealistic and uncharitable. Agree to disagree, and move on.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote