Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-04-2023, 06:10 AM   #901
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
..with only 3 fingers.
That must be the same as how everyone perceives likenesses, because I see four of them. : )

Fingers, not likenesses.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:33 AM   #902
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
That must be the same as how everyone perceives likenesses, because I see four of them. : )

Fingers, not likenesses.

The 2023 post of the year.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:27 PM   #903
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow that looks amazing, holy!
wow glad I PO'd this, hands down the best JND has done so far!!!
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:35 PM   #904
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Wow that looks amazing, holy!
wow glad I PO'd this, hands down the best JND has done so far!!!
Best is up for debate. But it's certainly (imo) the most attractive piece they've put out
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 03:54 AM   #905
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Production sample "detail" photo review by PITERPAKER (1/3)

FEELING

When I first received the Mera mass production sample, I saw it in natural light.
At that time, the first feeling came to me like the photo above, and I think I just appreciated it without saying anything;;;
The thought in my mind is that this time is also the greatest...;;; Every time I leave a JND review.
If I repeat these words, I can say, "What is this guy? He always says it's the greatest?" But actually, it's every time I receive a new JND product.
Every time I receive a new JND product, I can't help but feel this way;; It came out so well, and the photo I was took to capture the feeling of the real thing as much as possible
The photo I took to capture the real thing is above.

For the photo below, I set it up to look like the real thing.
One of the reasons for leaving a review of a mass production sample is to let you know what the figure actually looks like.
but another reason is to show the details of the mass production sample.
The detail shots are meant to give the impression of a more detailed figure.
lighting settings that may make the lines look a little more bold :)
So you can see that the concept shots and the filling shots above are the closest to the actual mass production samples.

PROPORTION

JND Mera's proportions are, in my opinion, close to perfect, and when you look at them, before you evaluate them, they're just so beautiful that you can't help but think that the sculpting of the human body can be so good that evaluation is irrelevant. JND products have an incredible head quality, but it's the way JND Mera's proportions make you feel like you're looking at a story that the figure has to tell that really draws you in and makes you appreciate the figure.

The slightly curved shape of the hand gives the impression that it's in a position to cast a spell at a moment's notice, while the slightly curved pelvis and the way one leg is stretched out gives the impression of a sexy, strong woman.

The sideways view is where the JND Mera really shines, with a sexy side view that makes you feel bad about looking at it.

The back view is probably the most sculpted figure of the female characters released by JND so far, but in the case of 1984 Wonder Woman, the inner suit is covered by the armor, and in the case of Selina, the shading cannot be expressed well because it is a black suit, and in the case of Harley Quinn, the line of the body does not enter much because she wears pants instead of a suit. In Mera's case, it's a light-colored, body-clinging suit, so you can see the curves of her body in more detail, which can be really embarrassing to see, and you can experience the beauty of the human body.

DETAIL

At first glance, the details of the body sculpting can be dismissed as just well-made sculpting that is perfect, but if you take a closer look at each one, you can see the folds of the suit that fit the bend of the waist, the wrinkles in the clothes as the arms bend, all of which are sculpted with high quality without any crushing of the sculpting, and these parts are combined with the really high resolution output to create a fantastic quality. JND does not forget about the details where the buttocks and legs meet.

HEAD & PAINTING

Mera's head doesn't seem to have changed much in terms of sculpting from the prototype, but due to the improved painting techniques and technology in mass production, the lines and contrast of the face are a bit more pronounced than in the prototype. You can't see much of a difference in photos, but in real life, the added blood color on the face gives the collector a much higher quality.

The manufacturer always emphasizes that there is no change in the sculpting, but it is interesting that just by changing the painting technique, the feeling of the face becomes more like the likeness of a real actor as it passes from proto -> mass production. This positive change from the proto to the mass production stage of JND STUDIOS may be a point that satisfies users who made a purchase decision after seeing the existing prototype, and at the same time, users who were not interested in it before may have a desire to collect it at the mass production sample stage.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 03:54 AM   #906
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Production sample "detail" photo review by PITERPAKER (2/3)

EYELASHES

Eyelashes are also mass-produced with hundreds or thousands of pieces of handmade work while maintaining quality, and this kind of technology and dedication is difficult to find in the same industry.

GLASS EYES

Although glass eyes are not a proprietary item of JND STUDIOS, they are in a unique position in the industry that has established them as an identity among collectors, showing the best quality, and this is mass production. This time, Mera also shows a quality that gives the illusion of human eyes when you actually look at it with the transparency and depth of the pupils and eyeballs that feel like paint on the mucous membrane, and the unique green eyes of Mera are very well expressed, which plays a big role in immersing the collector in the figure and appreciating it.

SKIN TEXTURE

As for the texture of the skin, collectors who have not experienced the quality of JND STUDIOS' products may ask if the texture is too pronounced on the face. However, this has become a point that has been confirmed by many collectors who have owned actual JND products or have seen many people at JND STUDIOS exhibitions that the expression of such skin texture is not a point that looks old or prominent when viewed with real human eyes, but on the contrary, it is a point that feels more realistic, and after experiencing the skin texture of actual JND STUDIOS products once, they will have the experience of looking too dull when looking at products on the existing market that only express the expression of skin texture with painting techniques. This is something that I also felt when I made a direct comparison between the actual 1/6 scale and various products, and there are many similar opinions from various collectors and JND, so it plays a very important role in the quality of JND STUDIOS.

LIPS

The lips play an equally important role as the eyes in expressing a person's impression. The expression of the lips and lower jaw is also very good, and the teeth that can be seen between the slightly parted lips are of excellent quality, and the turbidity and luminosity of the teeth are so perfectly expressed that they look like those of a real person. This shows what JND STUDIOS is pursuing with hyperreal. If you misunderstand hyperreal, you will only focus on realism, but these points are very important for realism that emphasizes human-like appearance. In the existing market, there are very few manufacturers and producers who can show such human-like eyeballs and teeth even in mass production/authored works, so it is the best quality in the industry.

PAINT

The quality of the paint job is not limited to the head, but also the hand parts, which are made of silicone like the head, and Mera is the first JND STUDIOS product to use the newly changed mass paint technique. In TDK Batman, Wayne's hand parts were not made of silicone because they go into the pockets of his pants, but since Mera's hands are made of silicone, the new painting technique is applied because this part is exposed, and this small part helps you to feel the amazing quality that is more hyperreal when you feel the overall quality. In photos, this can be seen at a larger scale than in real life, which can make it stand out like a facial expression, but when viewed with the eyes of a real person, the viewer can see that it really does feel like human skin.

DETAIL

The body detailing mentioned above is nothing short of amazing. Every single texture is built with a really high resolution, and the chameleon-like paint job has a depth that makes you wonder if it could be mass produced, and you can feel all the different shades of green, but it has too many points of appreciation and quality to just look at it as a suit, so the viewer can appreciate the body sculpting and suit sculpting just as much as Mera's high quality head.

The emblem on Mera's stomach is the icing on the cake, covering all the boring parts of Mera's suit, just like the emblem on the base....

BASE

The base that supports such a quality product has the same size as the base released by JND STUDIOS so far, which is a square base with a width and length of about 31 cm, and it is accented with the Aquaman logo in the middle, which is my favorite part of the logo on the base so far because it gives the right amount of points while keeping the identity of Aquaman alive.

DETAIL

The base, which has a great attention to detail, beautifully expresses Mera's main point, "water", on the base, and this base, which looks like a pool of water, goes well with Mera and makes her feel like she's going to use her skills with this water right away, so it's a perfect base for her.

RESOLUTION QUALITY

The resolution quality of JND's incredible output on the suit is reflected in the base, with a resolution that doesn't crumble even when zoomed in with a macro lens, making the base feel hyperreal on its own.

Old 02-25-2023, 03:54 AM   #907
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Production sample "detail" photo review by PITERPAKER (3/3)

Old 02-25-2023, 04:08 AM   #908
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'm a happy man
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:26 AM   #909
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Whoa, gorgeous! Also looks like they smoothed out the bend in her right knee a bit as well.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:36 AM   #910
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Seems like they added a bit more shading around the eyes. Overall loving this piece. Like I've said before, this is one of their best piece. Can't wait
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote