Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #101
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

sounds like a winner - can't wait to listen!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #102
BillC
Hellboy

I loved hearing Jim, he comes off well IMO. I thought personally some of the questions seemed a little too aggressive, but he handled them like a pro.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #103
FelixComicArt
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The Felix Comic Art Podcast goes to Heroes Con in Charlotte, North Carolina for our 22nd episode!

We welcome fellow podcaster Jason Wood of the long-running 11 O'Clock Comics Podcast, to discuss sketch and commission collecting at conventions. Simply put, Jason gets a LOT of sketches and commissions. He discusses his methodical approach to maximizing each show experience, and shares tips for fellow Artists Alley hounds. Joining us are returning guests Jimmy Lawrence, Benno Rothschild, and Shannon Slayton who discuss their own perspectives on how to get the most out of attending a con.

For the second half, we bring you a recording of the Heroes Con original art panel. Moderated by Jason, with panel guests Daniel Warren Johnson, Jeff Singh, and yours truly. We talk about different facets of the hobby, and are joined by the audience in a lively Q&A session. So if you missed the panel, here's your chance to hear what went down!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. We reward those who do both. Thanks and enjoy the show!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/
FelixComicArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #104
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

awesome, I was at the panel, it was a great time!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #105
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Jeff's a great guy. Excited to listen. Thanks, Felix.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #106
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Didn't realize this month's podcast was up already. I'll have to give it a listen this afternoon.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #107
FelixComicArt

The Felix Comic Art Podcast returns from NYCC with a brand new show for October 2017! Better late than never!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

We recorded multiple shows in New York and we're excited to lead off with multi-Eisner Award winning artist, Cliff Chiang! Want to hear Cliff share his thoughts about his career, his art, his adventures with fellow comics superstars like Brian K. Vaughan? Well, too bad! You'll find none of that here! We only care about original comic art, and that's all Cliff wanted to talk about anyway! It was a lot of fun chatting with Cliff (one of the smartest guys in comics!) and I hope you enjoy it, too.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. We reward those who do both. Thanks and enjoy the show!
Old 11-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #108
FelixComicArt

Your NYCC 2017 experience continues with the November episode of The Felix Comic Art Podcast!
It's a two-parter this month, leading off with returning guest, Dan Pottick. You'll remember Dan from last year's NYCC roundtable, and by popular demand, he's back for his encore. Our second segment sees the return of our audience call-in feature, this time with collector Matt Todd. Matt has a lot of questions and comments about the show and the hobby. New collectors, especially, will want to tune in.

http://www.felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

Our latest video has also just been added to our YouTube channel, featuring Daniel Warren Johnson! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czc7kmwsEZo

Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. We reward those who do both. Thanks and enjoy the show!
Old 12-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #109
FelixComicArt

Happy Holidays from Felix Comic Art! Which means it’s time for our December episode!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/the-...017-roundtable

It’s a two-parter this month, with Part 1 being a roundtable from Rose City Comic Con 2017. Joining me is recurring guest Andy Robbins, along with returning guests, artists Nick Pitarra and Daniel Warren Johnson. We recap topics from previous episodes, as well as discuss current events in the hobby. And we also reveal the story behind the stolen David Mazzucchelli BORN AGAIN art from the David Mandel episode last year. You don’t want to miss this! This one is, as Nick Pitarra calls it, a spicy episode.

Part 2, then, features a visit with David Mandel, and his reaction to the resolution of his BORN AGAIN art saga. We also talk about a variety of other topics, including his thoughts on the explosive George Perez market, sketchbook commissions, and more. Please note, part 2 is an exclusive for our VIP listeners who have been kind enough to leave a review for us on iTunes. If you’ve done so already, check your e-mail for the invite link. Everyone else, leave a review so you don’t miss out on future exclusive content!

Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!
Old 12-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #110
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Just in time for my commute home.