Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-08-2016, 04:47 PM   #111
FelixComicArt
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric View Post
You raise an interesting point.....the market for buying cars is significant since most everyone these days needs one. The market for comic art, especially high end art, is rather small. So yeah, there may be some folks who are willing to pay thousands for artist X. It's likely a handful of folks since they 1) have to be willing to pay the ask, and 2) have the means to pay the ask. What happens when that handful has a piece by the artist? What then? There may still be others who want a piece, but who are unable or unwilling to pay the ask. What happens to the market then? Does the artist lower his/her ask?
Again, the market will decide. This is all a function of supply and demand. If demand no longer supports a certain price point, then either the artist lowers it, or he just decides not to do them anymore. It's happened before in our hobby.
FelixComicArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #112
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasiatoyz View Post
Again, the market will decide. This is all a function of supply and demand. If demand no longer supports a certain price point, then either the artist lowers it, or he just decides not to do them anymore. It's happened before in our hobby.
Agreed, and that will in large part depend upon whether the artist requires commission work to supplement income. If not, then they can maintain whatever price point they like.
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #113
Mfinn123
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Who is Nick Dragotta?
He draws East of West and is one of my favorite artists. I would happily pay $1,000 to Nick anytime Felix lets me on the list.
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote