Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-11-2023, 07:25 AM   #221
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obotobon View Post
GameFly has this statue for $499 with $3 US shipping. Also get an additional 5% off using code GAMEFLY05. There may also be cashback rebate using Ebates/Rakuten if you have an account.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/weta-wo...statue/5033743

They also have the Weta Snyderverse Darkseid and Joker at deep discount as well (over 40% off).
I would so be getting that Joker if my finances were where I would like them to be.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 09:38 AM   #222
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
GameFly has this statue for $499 with $3 US shipping. Also get an additional 5% off using code GAMEFLY05. There may also be cashback rebate using Ebates/Rakuten if you have an account.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/weta-wo...statue/5033743

They also have the Weta Snyderverse Darkseid and Joker at deep discount as well (over 40% off).
Is that real? Seems too good to be true.

:nevermind. Several folks have confirmed that it's legit.:
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:06 PM   #223
obotobon
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Is that real? Seems too good to be true.

:nevermind. Several folks have confirmed that it's legit.:

I ordered Black Suit Superman and got it last week.
obotobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:15 PM   #224
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I ordered Black Suit Superman and got it last week.
What are your thoughts on the piece now that you have it in-hand?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:17 PM   #225
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I originally canceled this, but just bought it for 533 shipped. I have Darkseid and Joker. Both are amazing in hand, Darkseid is a show stopper, I can not believe the discount on him, He was worth every cent I paid.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 06:23 PM   #226
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
I thought I had responded to this. Thank you! Unfortunately, most that see this stuff wonder why the hell I spend my money on it lol.
I'm getting the red on Superman redone.
That's funny! I have my stuff on rotation so nobody really knows exactly what I have unless they see it when it's displayed. If I had everything out on display, it would be too overwhelming to take in.

That's a great price on the Gamefly website. If I hadn't ordered it from WETA I would have definitely gone with them to save $400. I'm tempted on cancelling my Knightmare Batman from WETA and waiting for it to show up on the Gamefly website in order to save what will probably be quite a bit.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #227
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
That's funny! I have my stuff on rotation so nobody really knows exactly what I have unless they see it when it's displayed. If I had everything out on display, it would be too overwhelming to take in.

That's a great price on the Gamefly website. If I hadn't ordered it from WETA I would have definitely gone with them to save $400. I'm tempted on cancelling my Knightmare Batman from WETA and waiting for it to show up on the Gamefly website in order to save what will probably be quite a bit.
How many statues do you have?

It's a risk but if it pays off it will be worth the saving.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 04:27 PM   #228
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

In terms of 1:4 scale, only the WETA Superman and the WETA Knightmare Batman that is on preorder. Once the WETA Batman comes in I have to find a furniture piece that has a decent size surface area to hold both statues permanently because those will not be on rotation.

I'm limited on space. My wife and I have an office/entertainment room where I have a thin, but tall bookshelf which has my book/comic book collection. I designated two of those shelves to display my memorabilia that includes statues, action figures, LEGO builds, and other stuff that I've collected over the years. In order to get the most out of those two shelves, I rotate the stuff I have on display there every two weeks.

I have a few 1:10 scale statues from Iron Studios and DC Direct. A couple of my favorite pieces in my collection are the 1:2 scale Batman: The Animated Series Batman and Joker busts from Diamond Select. That Batman, along with Affleck's Batman are my favorite interpretations of the character.

As for the WETA Knightmare Batman, I was thinking about it last night and I'm going to keep my WETA pre-order. The only reason that I could think of why the Gamefly prices are so low is because Gamefly might be selling them at cost. Initially, the public might have not have been ordering these statues at all from them. Instead of having the pieces sit in their warehouse, Gamefly might have decided to sell them for what they paid in order to move the stock along and recoup some costs. Unless they have a preexisting order contract with WETA, it's making me think that Gamefly probably won't make the same business mistake for the Knightmare Batman statue. I can be wrong though because I am just speculating. If they do indeed sell it at a reduced price, congratulations to those who get it for a steal.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:09 AM   #229
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Just got this in hand, easily the only lacking paint job of the three Weta JL pieces so far. The sculpt of the face is there although stylized, it reminds of some of the past Sideshow movie pieces.

The problem is the paint on the portrait as well as hands, it's just off. My wife said "He barely has eyes and bronzer all over"

My emblem came out silver, but not much else. The portraits will be repainted and I'll display it with the rest.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:47 PM   #230
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

That's interesting about the bronzer comment, BlackestNight. There's a video of two guys' reviewing this statue on YouTube. I had to have subtitles on because it's in French. During part of the review they said that their copy's skin tone looked as orange as one of the reviewer's shirts. His shirt was indeed orange. It seems as if some of the statues got painted with a deeper shade. My copy doesn't look orange at all.