Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2018, 12:25 AM   #1861
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingdutchman View Post
Fairly certain this guy lives in Indonesia and keeps his statues in room without A/C. He mentioned something about it being 30C in the room...I'd be sweating my balls off...
I would be closing all the doors, windows and blinds in that sort of heat here in Sydney.... and then switching on the A/C for my poor little statues.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #1862
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

other people posted on the same thread that they have a lean or a slight wobble in their wolvie now as well. Also it isnt his 30C room that is the issue, because all of his other statues are fine and his gambit EX hand is still perfect.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #1863
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I would imagine some people are eventually going to have leaning problems with Wolverine due to not initially inserting the foot peg properly. It's a really snug fit and some people probably were afraid to force it a bit and left it slightly loose. There was a guy who posted a picture on another forum and his Wolverine was very obviously leaning.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #1864
Comicbookguy
Hercules

With all these issues I may pass on this or I will drill the seller to be sure before buying one aftermarket.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #1865
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm sure the factory will use strong metal. Also, production pieces are known for being much stronger than prototypes, which are prone to damage. The Sideshow Rogue Maquette at NYCC could have broken for all various reasons. Maybe it was not set up properly from the outset. Maybe someone knocked into it at some point?

I've decided i want the Rogue Maquette (yes, the price is high) - no need for the EX. I won't order until 2019, nearer to the shipping date. I might wait until in hand pics arrive. Before Rogue Maquette, i just might get Red Sonja EX in December, and i'm still on the fence with the Prime 1 Poison Ivy 1/3. I'm deviating somewhat (sorry).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #1866
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
If they don't come forward with engineering specifics. This will always be a 'no' at any sales price.
Maybe they'll discuss it on live when they get a product sample.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #1867
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Maybe they'll discuss it on live when they get a product sample.
But I wonder when that will be?

A couple of months prior to it shipping or longer? By which time a lot of individuals I assume would have already placed their preorders with their chosen retailers.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #1868
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm sure the factory will use strong metal. Also, production pieces are known for being much stronger than prototypes, which are prone to damage. The Sideshow Rogue Maquette at NYCC could have broken for all various reasons. Maybe it was not set up properly from the outset. Maybe someone knocked into it at some point?

I've decided i want the Rogue Maquette (yes, the price is high) - no need for the EX. I won't order until 2019, nearer to the shipping date. I might wait until in hand pics arrive. Before Rogue Maquette, i just might get Red Sonja EX in December, and i'm still on the fence with the Prime 1 Poison Ivy 1/3. I'm deviating somewhat (sorry).
Exactly.

And I'm sure SSC knows the support system is of the utmost importance on this piece. They'll design for it. And if they don't ..they are going to make themselves look very silly.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #1869
Y3E
Gen 13

EX 1000 ES
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #1870
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
EX 1000 ES
I think that was revealed 10 or so days ago.