Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #1861
drivingdutchman
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yes, there's a guy who posted that his new Wolvie is now starting to lean and posted a pic the day he got it and a current pic and it's startling.

It was posted in the Radd Titan group, if you're a member there.
Fairly certain this guy lives in Indonesia and keeps his statues in room without A/C. He mentioned something about it being 30C in the room...I'd be sweating my balls off...
drivingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:25 AM   #1862
Phoenixblazes
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingdutchman View Post
Fairly certain this guy lives in Indonesia and keeps his statues in room without A/C. He mentioned something about it being 30C in the room...I'd be sweating my balls off...
I would be closing all the doors, windows and blinds in that sort of heat here in Sydney.... and then switching on the A/C for my poor little statues.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #1863
Shaughn54
Death is hereditary.
 
Shaughn54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 936
other people posted on the same thread that they have a lean or a slight wobble in their wolvie now as well. Also it isnt his 30C room that is the issue, because all of his other statues are fine and his gambit EX hand is still perfect.
Shaughn54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #1864
mva5580
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 315
I would imagine some people are eventually going to have leaning problems with Wolverine due to not initially inserting the foot peg properly. It's a really snug fit and some people probably were afraid to force it a bit and left it slightly loose. There was a guy who posted a picture on another forum and his Wolverine was very obviously leaning.
mva5580 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #1865
Comicbookguy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: almost homeless no money left
Posts: 13,025
With all these issues I may pass on this or I will drill the seller to be sure before buying one aftermarket.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #1866
ukshaun
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 3,931
I'm sure the factory will use strong metal. Also, production pieces are known for being much stronger than prototypes, which are prone to damage. The Sideshow Rogue Maquette at NYCC could have broken for all various reasons. Maybe it was not set up properly from the outset. Maybe someone knocked into it at some point?

I've decided i want the Rogue Maquette (yes, the price is high) - no need for the EX. I won't order until 2019, nearer to the shipping date. I might wait until in hand pics arrive. Before Rogue Maquette, i just might get Red Sonja EX in December, and i'm still on the fence with the Prime 1 Poison Ivy 1/3. I'm deviating somewhat (sorry).
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #1867
crimsinwing1989
Kiss my shiny metal arse!
 
crimsinwing1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
If they don't come forward with engineering specifics. This will always be a 'no' at any sales price.
Maybe they'll discuss it on live when they get a product sample.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #1868
Phoenixblazes
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Maybe they'll discuss it on live when they get a product sample.
But I wonder when that will be?

A couple of months prior to it shipping or longer? By which time a lot of individuals I assume would have already placed their preorders with their chosen retailers.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #1869
AC_808
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 5,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm sure the factory will use strong metal. Also, production pieces are known for being much stronger than prototypes, which are prone to damage. The Sideshow Rogue Maquette at NYCC could have broken for all various reasons. Maybe it was not set up properly from the outset. Maybe someone knocked into it at some point?

I've decided i want the Rogue Maquette (yes, the price is high) - no need for the EX. I won't order until 2019, nearer to the shipping date. I might wait until in hand pics arrive. Before Rogue Maquette, i just might get Red Sonja EX in December, and i'm still on the fence with the Prime 1 Poison Ivy 1/3. I'm deviating somewhat (sorry).
Exactly.

And I'm sure SSC knows the support system is of the utmost importance on this piece. They'll design for it. And if they don't ..they are going to make themselves look very silly.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com