Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #381
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's a sinking ship. The signs are all there. People are doing exactly what your suggesting. Getting whatever they can for their money before they lose it all altogether.

For me it was this...

- Ant goes into hiding
- Lawsuit becomes public
- Sideshow takes on sales and distributions as well as dealing with all the disgruntled customers
- Sideshow starts promising check refunds
- PCS continues to be silent
- Jerry leaves the company without so much of a word form PCS
- Other members of the team leave and don't want to comment on PCS
- Their "presence" at cons is a shell of what they use to be

Who wants to have their money tied up with that?
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:58 PM   #382
dao2
Cyclops

Well with SS taking on the orders I assume if they did go under I'd get credit for them. I hope they pull through, and if they do I have been very happy with the statues I've gotten so far.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #383
Redsaleen
Justice League

You had your money tied up in the same business model for years, you just didn’t realized your money was never safe.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #384
dao2
Cyclops

I think it's safer now then it was before tbh :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #385
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

"transparency"
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #386
Gathro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I guess i just have a stubborn streak. I got refunds in the form of credit fr Scorpion and Venger but chose to keep my Klauthe in the hopes he gets made.They wont start taking more payments for him till January so I guess thats plenty of time to see how things shake out. I really do hope they pull thru for everyone's sake because the statues i have received from them I love and I cant say the same for a lot of companies i have dealt with.
Gathro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #387
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm still sticking with my orders.And I will post them when i get them in 2-5 years time.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #388
Gathro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
I'm still sticking with my orders.And I will post them when i get them in 2-5 years time.
LOL so true
Gathro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #389
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Just received the PCS cancellation emails from SSC to approve credit... All worked flawlessly! Have to say if this does indeed go through, A HUGE THANK YOU to SSC for making this somewhat right. Seriously T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

Cannot tell you how many nights of anxiety this has caused me... As some of you know I had over $20k in preorders/prepays outstanding.

Now to hopefully have PCS refund me the $2,100 for the 3 pieces returned to them and all will be back to zero for me. /fingers/toes and nuttz crossed......

I was discussing with a friend earlier, if you think about it. Checking my PCS order spreadsheet, some of these PCS pieces have been on preorder since July 13 2015. Over 3 years... Now to get that money back in the form of credit and apply said credit to another potential SSC/P1 preorder, which can take another almost 2 years to receive, my money will have been tied up for +5 years........................................................................
Over $20k in outstanding preorders/prepays? Just reading all of this gave me anxiety!!!

That said, I'm glad you got your SSC credit and this whole debacle is nearly over for you (and everyone else tied up in all of this).

Thanks for further explaining all of this and kudos for keeping such a level head throughout it all.

Speaking of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post

RedAnt/Tony,

We see you reading this please thread, do the right thing and reach out out to those with issues pending with PCS directly that SSC will not touch.

You, Mark and your company are causing severe anger and anxiety by burying your head in the sand.

I am sure you will find while some of these conversations may be difficult, most of us are just looking for direction and a simple update...

I personally would be ecstatic with SSC credit for the $2,100 in pieces I returned to PCS at your direction during the SSC merger/acquisition/distribution deal or whatever it is being called at this point...

Just reach out or respond!!!
Another

Here's hoping RedAnt/Tony and Mark can see all the pain and frustration their silence has and continues to cause. Hopefully everything will be addressed soon.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #390
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Somebody asked me about a baseball bat a few posts back.
I guess I'm a bit partial to this approach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q

I am kind of losing interest in this hobby now because of this mess dealing with PCS.
Before all of this, I was so excited to get in a new statue knowing that all of the hard earned money I put down each month would turn into something cool that represented one of my favorite characters or franchises. However, now I would much rather take that money and put it toward a penny stock, an ETF fund, or maybe even a new sportcoat(Should have been doing this to begin with).

A potential $800.00 loss on something that won't particularly serve me anymore in life is quite the harsh lesson to get.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote