Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #1361
Comicbookguy
Hercules

SS May surprise us and tweak it to make her look 10-15 years younger to match her in the comics and tv show. Curious was fergie used as the model for this? Wonder why she became the choice?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #1362
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Regarding her portrait, I've always thought she was pretty with the regular (modern) hair. Still not sure how I feel about the face coupled with the EX hair.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #1363
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I was a bit too old for X-Men cartoon, grew up on Claremont's and Byrne's X-Men run, and completely lost my $#/t when Lee's took over X-Men.

Look lads, she doesn't have an exeptionally beautiful face. But that's ok,as I mentioned before, not all of them have to. Tbh, I never thought of Rogue as a beautiful woman. She was a tomboy, with attitude, pretty but not overly, and I liked her that way. Psylocke and Storm were always (in my mind) the two women that were unbelievably beautiful, with Jean taking the 3rd spot
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #1364
SLO_MO
The Spirit

I think the face is OK. The make-up could be reworked though, as it does make her look older. Too bad they didn't design the sculpt based on the art print - I don't think this would be a debate if that was the case.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #1365
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
SS May surprise us and tweak it to make her look 10-15 years younger to match her in the comics and tv show. Curious was fergie used as the model for this? Wonder why she became the choice?
As much as everyone always says these particular more realistic sculpts look like a particular actress, or one of many other celebrities; I've always thought it silly and almost definitely wrong that they based it on any one individual that we've guessed on these forums etc.

Imo because they are making them appear more realistic, it has led us to draw comparisons with celebrities that some or many know, which is totally understandable. Heck it could be completely based on a Sideshow employee or any other unknown model and we would have no idea.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #1366
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I was a bit too old for X-Men cartoon, grew up on Claremont's and Byrne's X-Men run, and completely lost my $#/t when Lee's took over X-Men.

Look lads, she doesn't have an exeptionally beautiful face. But that's ok,as I mentioned before, not all of them have to. Tbh, I never thought of Rogue as a beautiful woman. She was a tomboy, with attitude, pretty but not overly, and I liked her that way. Psylocke and Storm were always (in my mind) the two women that were unbelievably beautiful, with Jean taking the 3rd spot
I think Rogue qualifies as a bombshell. There is a reason shes always near the top of the sexiest X-Women’s list.

There are many comic scenes that show off her looks. Savage land Rogue, Picnic Rogue, 1st Date Rogue, Swimsuit Rogue (where Gambit is leering and says “nice view”), Road-trip Rogue.

I mean she even used to steal powers through kissing.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #1367
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
I think Rogue qualifies as a bombshell. There is a reason shes always near the top of the sexiest X-Women’s list.

There are many comic scenes that show off her looks. Savage land Rogue, Picnic Rogue, 1st Date Rogue, Swimsuit Rogue (where Gambit is leering and says “nice view”), Road-trip Rogue.

I mean she even used to steal powers through kissing.
I'd LOVE a Savage Land Rogue and Storm

Old 08-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #1368
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'd LOVE a Savage Land Rogue and Storm

God that would be outstanding!
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #1369
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
The quest for all the X-Men from that cover, in 1/4 and 1/6 scale is getting closer and closer to completion. Cant wait to see what the whole team would look like together... + bishop (maybe cable), magneto too... is nightcrawler needed? and more villains... damnit it never ends!! But the real nightmare is alternate costumes... and realities (Im looking at you AOA!), because who doesn't want a blink?

Hahahah ... so much for that 'End Game' I spoke about bro! Clearly there's no such thing with this hobby.

You HAVE TO and I believe that you will get Cable, Bishop and Nightcrawler if SS does them with some justice! Now, if only SS will deliver us another Gambit to go with this new Rogue. Hopefully we don't have to wait until all the stars are aligned before they do this!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #1370
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
God that would be outstanding!
Hell, make them look just like this pic