Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #181
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

WOW!!! Gonna have to buy this, but I do wish SS or Prime1 would do this in 1/4 scale. This looks amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
This is how you make an Artgerm Supergirl statue:

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:40 AM   #182
Gekon
Blue Falcon

With this rod she looks like pole dancer. Statue is great but rod ruins it.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #183
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
With this rod she looks like pole dancer. Statue is great but rod ruins it.
Unfortunately, I agree with this. That is a beautiful statue that I would very likely pick up, but I can't buy statues when there's a pole up the character's butt, it just doesn't work for me.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #184
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

As to the prime one Supergirl, overall is a nice looking piece but I just don't have any interest in Supergirl holding the cat. I've never read a single Supergirl book with streaky, that was largely before my time. Krypto too. I guess I could imagine that Supergirl just has a pet cat that she put a little Cape around its neck and she's carrying on a flight with her, it's obvious that the cat loves her and she loves the cat, so maybe she just put a cape on it for fun as girls are wont to do?

But the base reminds me of the bishoujo Jean Grey with the missile contrails. In this one it looks like the seagulls are spraying Supergirl with Joker toxin or something. I do appreciate that they want to have her flying in the clouds, but I don't think that was the way to do it. Looks like the seagulls are spraying something, maybe they should have connected the seagulls to the clouds at the wing tips?

But it's great that there are people that like this one, and it is pretty darn true to the source. I'd probably just have to wait for another version myself - for a grand, for me, I have to love it. But as long as people buy this one and it does well, we may get another Supergirl down the line that's more up my alley. So if you like this one, please get it!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #185
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
As to the prime one Supergirl, overall is a nice looking piece but I just don't have any interest in Supergirl holding the cat. I've never read a single Supergirl book with streaky, that was largely before my time. Krypto too. I guess I could imagine that Supergirl just has a pet cat that she put a little Cape around its neck and she's carrying on a flight with her, it's obvious that the cat loves her and she loves the cat, so maybe she just put a cape on it for fun as girls are wont to do?
From Wikipedia...

In Action Comics #261 (February 1960),[2] Supergirl was experimenting on a piece of green kryptonite in an attempt to find a way to neutralize its deadly effects. When her experiment failed, she tossed the kryptonite (or "X-Kryptonite", as it became known) out the window. Though her experiment failed, her pet Streaky came across the X-Kryptonite and was exposed to its radiation. As the comics described it, "Due to the unique combination of chemicals in X-Kryptonite, it has given Streaky superpowers!" Streaky's powers consisted of a smaller subset of those of Superman and Supergirl, including flight, super-strength, super-vision, super-speed, heat vision, and human-level or better intelligence.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #186
Gollum
The Herculoids

I wouldn’t be surprised if you can display Supergirl without Streaky

I love it and will definitely be ordering

Everybody have a good weekend
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #187
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I love it as is. I wish they’d put it up for order already (along with Zod and Cyborg Superman!).
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:45 AM   #188
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I love it as is. I wish they’d put it up for order already (along with Zod and Cyborg Superman!).
Yeah, I'm considering ordering all 3 of them if my Doomsday conversion never happens. Then I'll have the room.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:36 AM   #189
Comicbookguy
Hercules

P1 said if I'm correct this will come with a switch out portrait! That's the icing on the cake!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #190
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Correct. And they also said there would not be any way to display her without kitty.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote