Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-13-2018, 06:14 AM   #211
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Raptors in the kitchen is great and pretty affordable compared to other statues.
Their debut diorama with the Rex is massive but deservedly so as it's arguably the most iconic scene. But soooo expensive! If I could only have one Jurassic collectible, it would be that.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #212
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
IMO, the three major players in the Jurassic market (CC / Prime 1 & Iron Studios) are at risk of detaching themselves from what their customers really want and can afford.
They appear to be more concerned about outdoing each other by producing the biggest and most expensive version of products and are sadly ignoring what their customers are asking for and forgetting the budget limits most fans have.
I know a few Jurassic fans who have stopped purchasing Jurassic collectibles simply because they can't afford the prices.
Sadly, I also know others who have overstretched themselves financially and have gone into serious debt as a result.
An example of the above three companies competing with each other is the recent T-rex war; CC release a 1:20 Rex, Iron Studios respond with a 1:10 Rex, CC release another Rex, this time a 1:9 Rotunda Rex and Prime 1 respond by announcing their plans to release of 1:8 version.
I dread to think what the price of the later will be and how many Rexes do we need??
Maybe, if we're lucky we'll get a "mini-rotunda rex" for $60.

"The artists at these studios were so pre-occupied with whether or not they could they didn't stop to think if they should"

I hope these companies soon realize that their customers don't have endless amounts of money! When did it become a hobby only for the super-rich?
Thankfully, one company seems to be listening - Iron Studios I applaud you for the release of your stunningly beautiful and yet affordable "Raptor in the Kitchen" piece - I hope you'll sell loads.
I agree. It also doesn't help that Prime 1 has put up so many statues for preorder in a relatively short amount of time and does not appear to be slowing down. I am hoping they will slow down soon, otherwise I am going to have to waitlist/hunt in the aftermarket future P1 and IS releases once I reach my preorder limit.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #213
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
...An example of the above three companies competing with each other is the recent T-rex war; CC release a 1:20 Rex, Iron Studios respond with a 1:10 Rex, CC release another Rex, this time a 1:9 Rotunda Rex and Prime 1 respond by announcing their plans to release of 1:8 version.
I dread to think what the price of the later will be and how many Rexes do we need??...
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #214
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
I agree with everyone. I’ve canceled every statue I had on order. These things are way too high. Once the initial shock of the cool factor wears off you see you are paying hundreds of dollars for something that will just sit on a shelf and gather dust. I don’t see how anyone can justify the prices anymore. They are not sustainable and it’s only a matter of time before everyone is priced out.
Collectors will pay for quality pieces, I for one much prefer larger high dollar pieces that are worth the money. This is a better "value" compared to about what just 2 regular PFs cost now IMO. This could be a serious grail if it gets a decent factory paintjob. Those who call them greedy are nuts, it's right in line with other comparable statues, it can't be helped everything has gotten more expensive overall. Sure, I wish it was cheaper, and if they did the early bird discounts it would sure help, but I guess those are gone now.

People whine about price increases every year and say the hobby is ending yet here we are. Remember when people used to pay more than $1350 for the terrible little SS Rex diorama? Back then the complaint was too few pieces, now people are freaking out saying too many pieces. Unreal.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #215
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Collectors will pay for quality pieces, I for one much prefer larger high dollar pieces that are worth the money. This is a better "value" compared to about what just 2 regular PFs cost now IMO. This could be a serious grail if it gets a decent factory paintjob. Those who call them greedy are nuts, it's right in line with other comparable statues, it can't be helped everything has gotten more expensive overall. Sure, I wish it was cheaper, and if they did the early bird discounts it would sure help, but I guess those are gone now.

People whine about price increases every year and say the hobby is ending yet here we are. Remember when people used to pay more than $1350 for the terrible little SS Rex diorama? Back then the complaint was too few pieces, now people are freaking out saying too many pieces. Unreal.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #216
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Waiting for P1 to reveal their Raptors vs Trex in the final battle scene. I love Chronicle, but I got honesty say there is something a little off on this Rotunda Rex. Cool piece though.
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:43 AM   #217
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Polyresin. Pretty sure the one heather was holding was 3d printed.
That actually makes a ton of sense. I forgot CC did the 3D printer thing. So the proto would definitely be far lighter than the production piece.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #218
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Waiting for P1 to reveal their Raptors vs Trex in the final battle scene. I love Chronicle, but I got honesty say there is something a little off on this Rotunda Rex. Cool piece though.
I just think it's the very first angle everyone saw. First impressions can be a -----. I've eyeballed it over and over from all angles. It looks spot on to me. This happened too with BO rex. But they do have access to the digi files so they would be very hard pressed to get it wrong. I think that's what's throwing everybody off is where the sign is at and how her body is set up happens at different moments. Her pose is when she first begins to roar and a few moments later she curls her tail. Boom, that's the CC pose. But the sign or flag, whatever you want to call it is just beginning to come into frame when she curls her tail. It's not at the bottom of the frame. In the scene her tail is uncurled and arms are kind of hidden by her thighs by the time the sign is at the bottom.

Also I don't know why there's so much tongue. There was never that much tongue in the scene. I just watched it six times while making this post. Her tongue is mostly on her bottom jaw and the most it comes up at any point is a few inches and it's just the tip of her tongue that comes up.

These two corrections would solve almost all criticisms of it and everybody would say OH I SEE IT NOW. HI ROTUNDA!!!! but the sign location can't really be fixed. More on the sign, the last issue is the sign itself. I think it hurts the statue more than it helps because it's not only out of place, but it comes off smaller than what it should be. That's because in the scene the sign is closer to the audience than rex, so it appears larger than what it is. The scale of the sign is probably right for the piece but it just comes off funky looking because there's no depth perception. Perhaps if the sign were removable, it'd go a long way in convincing some extra buys out of customers. It may be. IDK. I've been busy buying Colt guns and swords lately. I'm not up to date on CC going ons and FB videos.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:49 AM   #219
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I absolutely love JP and reading through this thread I've learned a lot! some people on here have loads of knowledge about behind the scenes etc, at first to me as it did many others something just didn't look right! sure there are little bits like the tongue and arms but after watching the scene over and over the only major thing that I would ever pick from this is the neck doesn't seem quite stretched out enough, however I still think its an awesome piece and it won't stop me from buying it because at the end of the day I will still walk in the room and think that is f*****g mega! As will any of my friends so sod it I will spend £1300 getting it to the UK
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #220
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post

To be fair though this hobby is on life support, all you need to look at is ss es for most pieces have gone back to the early 2010 numbers. They also started selling bearbricks and Disney kids backpacks for christ sake. If this is not a sign of desperation I dunno what is.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote