Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

New Piece by Randy Kintz

A return to the trio I first had drawn at this years NYCC my alternate reality Trinity or in their case Triumvirate of Moon Maiden, Regal and Triumph who I see as the "ultimate" Trinity of the DC Multiverse. All are heroes who in DC were erased from history or minor characters connected to the Justice League somehow. And in my mind on an alternate Earth somewhere instead of Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman these three formed their own group.

In the actual comics they were

Moon Maiden: Retconned superheroine apparently a member of the Silver Age Justice League. Created by a group of 100 Alchemists who fled Rome during the time of the emperors.

Regal: The ultimate hero of a parallel timeline in which a Tachyon beam gave him his superpowers and caused a dramatic alteration of history with feats including stopping the German Invasion of Poland in two days before WWII could even occur. Helped to stop the Crisis on Infinite Earths from destroying his world and also in a grand exit he and Darkseid killed one another in battle.

Triumph: Retconned superhero who had not been plucked out of the time stream would have been THE person who formed the Justice League.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Triumvirate by Randy Kintz.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	75402  
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
callofasher
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Nice.
callofasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Randy is awesome. But depending on how many commissions you get from him, and how many he's done before and after he gets to yours, puts a big question mark on the quality of your piece.

I've been commissioning the Bat-Universe from him for a couple of years now, and while I have some really great pieces done I've got a couple of clunkers in there as well (not bad, but definitely not as good as they should be).
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Randy is awesome. But depending on how many commissions you get from him, and how many he's done before and after he gets to yours, puts a big question mark on the quality of your piece.

I've been commissioning the Bat-Universe from him for a couple of years now, and while I have some really great pieces done I've got a couple of clunkers in there as well (not bad, but definitely not as good as they should be).
True enough his work doesn't really get worse or anything just looser since he tends to do them quickly. Can't fault him too much though even the loose ones tend to be worth the money, or I think at least.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote