Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #161
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post

Here guys,

Here is a new comparison image I made looking at the various 1/6 Thanos statues over the years.
Let's not forget about the Bowen faux bronze version.
Mine shown here with Mistress Death:

I'm biased but I prefer this one over the IG painted version. I've always wanted a version of Thanos with the infinity gauntlet and a modern outfit; so this new one from Koto works great for me.
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #162
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post

Here guys,

Here is a new comparison image I made looking at the various 1/6 Thanos statues over the years.
That was always my dislike for Bowen statues. There are three different Thanos from Bowen and they choose to do the classic version again and again. If you include the mini busts they have five. I little variety goes a long way.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #163
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
That was always my dislike for Bowen statues. There are three different Thanos from Bowen and they choose to do the classic version again and again. If you include the mini busts they have five. I little variety goes a long way.
Personally, I like Thanos' classic outfit. In my opinion, Bowen did a fantastic job on each rendition of the mad Titan. Although similar in design, they are very unique from one another.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #164
Naru
Mephisto

Love the classic costume and especially the Bowen museum pose is strong and defiant. I don't like museum poses most of the times but it works for big , strong ,imposing baddies. My favourite rendition of Thanos amongst all the Bowens out there.
Definitely a pass on this Kotobukiya version. Hope there's something exciting announced at SDCC this year.
A Spidey Villain preferably.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #165
Duck It
Frackin!

I'm also with the classic costume crowd. That said, I don't mind a little variation. Not feeling this one, though. Pose is awkward, proportions seem a little off and I'm not a fan of the face sculpt. Definitely prefer the Bowens. Not a bad piece, just not for me.
Duck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #166
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck It View Post
I'm also with the classic costume crowd. That said, I don't mind a little variation. Not feeling this one, though. Pose is awkward, proportions seem a little off and I'm not a fan of the face sculpt. Definitely prefer the Bowens. Not a bad piece, just not for me.
I agree on all points.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:06 AM   #167
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Though this piece is not bad by any means. It makes appreciate my Bowen IG much more. So our 3 fine arts this year are Rogue, Black Panther, and Thanos. Way to take advantage of the fall of Bowen. I just dont get it.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #168
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Well this is definitely on my list. Maybe not a PO but I will pick it up hopefully with a discount. I understand people comparing these to Bowen but for newish collectors like me looking to the past and picking those up on ebay is really expensive so the newer stuff offers me more bang for my buck. And the fact that I flat out like the statue doesn't hurt!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #169
FJC
Midnighter

Classic costume all the way for me as well. Have no use for Marvel Now costumes. Can't stand most of them.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #170
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
I have all of the Bowen Thanos statues, including mini busts, and love them all. Pretty much as a whole my centerpiece and focus of my collection and think they all look great together without getting boring

As for this Koto, me being a Thanos fanatic I originally thought this was an instant PO but honestly, it's been up for a couple days and I haven't ordered yet and it doesn't bother me either... not sure if that means it is a pass for me or not.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote