Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-18-2018, 06:48 PM   #1381
addic
The X-Men

I was talking about DGK saying that the seams would be virtually seamless. How could I trust ones review who is obviously not seeing those seems?
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #1382
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Don’t be fooled by lighting if you have sub zero scorpion it’s the same thing as he said. His sub zero and scorpion pics make those look great as well but put it in natural daylight and it’s a different story for most of us.

Deadghost This reptile is not virtually seamless as you state you can clearly see seams on the arms on your photos. I personally am not bothered by this but just thought I’d put that out there. There are seams on his arm and people should know some will be good and some will be bad depending on magnet and casting. I’m sure everyone will have different results for how bad it shows.

Attachment 114568

Attachment 114569

Attachment 114570
Lol you are really stretching on those first two pics aren't you.....the hand connects where the forearm brace leather is, it's a natural seam line....i'll admit on that 3rd pic someone pointed out on Facebook that you can see the seam from the side.....you know what i didn't notice it when i was doing the pics, i didn't notice it when i put the pics up, i don't really care about it....it's so tiny and inconsequential.....the statue as a whole outshines a tiny seam line.

There's a good amount of statues that have seam lines on them that are far worse than the hands on Reptile, even Ultra Zangief which has been universally praised has a pretty bad neck seam line....but people don't care because the rest of the statue is so good.

As for the comments on my pictures....lol i am shooting them with a Kodak digital camera I've had for about 10 years, with 2 day light bulbs....it's not fancy, it's not a DSLR with expensive lenses, what you see in my pictures is what you are getting....yeah i under light a few pics for dramatic effect but the majority are just shot quick with no trickery.

Of course this is a 1/3 Ninja thread so why wouldn't there be these comments, it wouldn't be the same without them! I'm looking forward to more!

But remember guys none of the pictures i show, whether it's PCS, Court of the Dead or First 4 Figures represent the product you will have in hand!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #1383
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
I was talking about DGK saying that the seams would be virtually seamless. How could I trust ones review who is obviously not seeing those seems?
You should see another collector assessment of reptile and then checking his display pics only to find sub zero head is placed in the wrong direction!!!! Then another person commented said reptile looks amazing but also has sub zero head on wrong. That assessment of reptile I question wayyyyyyyyyyyy more then Dgk when you can’t put a head on properly. everyone see things differently and standards vary from person to person but I can’t take you serious if you can’t put a head on properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C5E0456-2485-4E6D-8295-5FC81E1A81AB.png
Views:	75
Size:	757.6 KB
ID:	114572

Name:	9E589A7C-3978-453A-8788-5563C595E01D.png
Views:	66
Size:	978.9 KB
ID:	114573

Name:	B1B6A2E6-898F-4195-80B2-CE1C41E7AF76.png
Views:	52
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	114574
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #1384
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Lol you are really stretching on those first two pics aren't you.....the hand connects where the forearm brace leather is, it's a natural seam line....i'll admit on that 3rd pic someone pointed out on Facebook that you can see the seam from the side.....you know what i didn't notice it when i was doing the pics, i didn't notice it when i put the pics up, i don't really care about it....it's so tiny and inconsequential.....the statue as a whole outshines a tiny seam line.

There's a good amount of statues that have seam lines on them that are far worse than the hands on Reptile, even Ultra Zangief which has been universally praised has a pretty bad neck seam line....but people don't care because the rest of the statue is so good.

As for the comments on my pictures....lol i am shooting them with a Kodak digital camera I've had for about 10 years, with 2 day light bulbs....it's not fancy, it's not a DSLR with expensive lenses, what you see in my pictures is what you are getting....yeah i under light a few pics for dramatic effect but the majority are just shot quick with no trickery.

Of course this is a 1/3 Ninja thread so why wouldn't there be these comments, it wouldn't be the same without them! I'm looking forward to more!

But remember guys none of the pictures i show, whether it's PCS, Court of the Dead or First 4 Figures represent the product you will have in hand!
I agree with you and Seam doesn’t bother me we both have statues with Seams worse then this BUT I assure you some will have it worse than others and it should be pointed out to prepare them. That’s the nature of seams no one ever gets the same as castings are not same. My friend has it really bad yours looks less noticeable. Another collector posted about shin guards not matching my friend nor anyone else has had his problem so I don’t know what went wrong with his. Every result will vary. I’m going to wait to pay my invoice maybe pcs will add blood to hands to cover it.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:17 AM   #1385
LV-426
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Looks good!
LV-426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #1386
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Hey all here's my video review for the Reptile 1/3 with video of all 3 ninjas towards the end!

Lets talk fabric, heads with no purpose and SEAM hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZToDoZz7TaY&lc

If you like or even hate what i'm doing lol give me a comment or a like or if you're feeling frisky a sub!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #1387
dao2
Cyclops

Got mine today by accident, it was supposed to be zangief :| but i was supposed to get reptile as well so as long as I also get zangief I'm happy. Response from CS was quick, hopefully shipping it out will be too. I am considerably more excited for Zangief who is one of if my most favorite SF characters.

Pretty good, I only used the poison hands but the seam was pretty well hidden for me actually. The reptile head is very well painted but I like the ninja head better. Skull is shared a little too much I think. The fabric is essentally the same, though it feels rougher it looks the same, the green looks great. Overall solid statue, if you didn't like the others you probably won't like this though.

edit: also for anyone interested the packaging was plastic bags and velcro straps which is awesome, wish PCS used them for all pieces instead of just being random.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #1388
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Seams only bother me on a neck/head area and even then only in the midst visible of circumstances.

This seam doesn't bother me in the slightest.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #1389
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Got mine today by accident, it was supposed to be zangief :| but i was supposed to get reptile as well so as long as I also get zangief I'm happy. Response from CS was quick, hopefully shipping it out will be too. I am considerably more excited for Zangief who is one of if my most favorite SF characters.

Pretty good, I only used the poison hands but the seam was pretty well hidden for me actually. The reptile head is very well painted but I like the ninja head better. Skull is shared a little too much I think. The fabric is essentally the same, though it feels rougher it looks the same, the green looks great. Overall solid statue, if you didn't like the others you probably won't like this though.

edit: also for anyone interested the packaging was plastic bags and velcro straps which is awesome, wish PCS used them for all pieces instead of just being random.
Can't believe they are still ----ing up shipping, at least it's a statue you ordered lol!

And yes more straps on inner poly please, it makes life so much easier!
Old 06-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #1390
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Hey all here's my video review for the Reptile 1/3 with video of all 3 ninjas towards the end!

Lets talk fabric, heads with no purpose and SEAM hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZToDoZz7TaY&lc

If you like or even hate what i'm doing lol give me a comment or a like or if you're feeling frisky a sub!
Nice review, Thank you for taking the time to do it. Can't wait to see Goro now!
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote