Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #41
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

There's no denying the awesomeness of this piece.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #42
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
I second that: I pre-ordered mine.verjoyed:
All we need now is for someone to bring out a highly detailed Cain robot . . . that has been long overdue
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #43
Blu Falcon
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I went back and forth on this one, but ultimately decided to pre-order. With an ES of 600 I can see this being a sought after piece down the road. I remember thinking how expensive I thought the original Balrog was priced at $300 back in the day, and the size of that piece didn't justify the cost IMO. Little did I know I'd be paying out of my ass to acquire it later in life. Who knows, $600 might seem like a great deal 5 years from now when the inventory dries up and these things make the ebay circuit. Then again D9 doesn't quite have the fan base, history or longevity of LOTR. Regardless of perceived used market value, this is an incredibly detailed piece from the design team that made it for the film. Doesn't really get more authentic than that.
Blu Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #44
thx217
Ultimates

This thing is a mini Cinemaquette. Though it's over priced for the size but I still POed it today at the Con and got that $100 off and still can't get over the size of thing though. I just love the design too much. Damn you Weta.

Here's one of my pics.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 AM   #45
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks mate . . . keep them coming. You can chisel a few more bucks of the price with the Weta dollars as well. That plus your SDCC discount would bring the price down to a more respectable level. What's your take on the width and depth of the piece (it's really hard to gauge from the pics).
Old 07-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #46
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

LOVE the overhead shot!!
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:31 AM   #47
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
All we need now is for someone to bring out a highly detailed Cain robot . . . that has been long overdue
Absolutly! You're my brother in arm.
Everyday I pray for the announcement of a CAIN MKII replica.

Thanks Charles for the pictures, they helped me make my mind.

THX: keep them coming: Do you have a clear shot of the back?
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 AM   #48
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Thanks mate . . . keep them coming. You can chisel a few more bucks of the price with the Weta dollars as well. That plus your SDCC discount would bring the price down to a more respectable level. What's your take on the width and depth of the piece (it's really hard to gauge from the pics).
Sure thing, mate. I'll load the rest of my pics up after I got back to San Francisco.

Really? I didn't know that I can add my Weta bucks into the discount. I'd definitely do that if I know how? E-mail them?

Ok. For me, the width and depth does NOT make it any "bigger" because of the fact that, well, it's is small. It's not like I only collect big stuffs but for a collector like me, and the stuffs I collect, it is considered, small. I was expecting something at least twice as big for the design and its presence in the movie. The people I talked with at the Con, who's also interested in this beautiful yet tiny piece also agreed that, yes, it is small, consider how it looked in the movie. HOWEVER, Weta was able to pack TONS and I do mean TONS of details into this piece and the excellent paint job and weathering(though we gonna lose some that on the production pieces) made it even sexier, thus makes it....special. And the people I mentioned above all agreed with that too.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #49
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Sure thing, mate. I'll load the rest of my pics up after I got back to San Francisco.

Really? I didn't know that I can add my Weta bucks into the discount. I'd definitely do that if I know how? E-mail them?

Ok. For me, the width and depth does NOT make it any "bigger" because of the fact that, well, it's is small. For a collector like me, and the stuffs I collect, it is considered, small. I was expecting something at least twice as big for the design and its presence in the movie. The people I talked with at the Con, who's also interested in this beautiful yet tiny piece also agreed that, yes, it is small, consider how it looked in the movie. HOWEVER, Weta was able to pack TONS and I do mean TONS of details into this piece and the excellent paint job and weathering(though we gonna lose some that on the production pieces) made it even sexier, thus makes it....special. And the people I mentioned above all agreed with that too.
Thanks for that mate . . . I asked because I have read on other forums (yes I have been a forum slut on this one) that it has more presence than the dimensions suggest due to depth and width. Perhaps not, but as you say the detail just looks insane whatever the size.

Re the Weta dollars, I spoke to Darren at Weta today and he confirmed that you can use any Weta dollars earned against future preorders. So, assuming you earn't XX Weta dollars on your Arc Generator, you can just email them and ask them to apply those dollars to the cost of the Exo preorder. I've not actually earned any Weta dollars, as none of my items have been shipped and paid for yet, but I should get a few with the AG 1:1, Assault Rifle 1:1, (both in minature), and the Christopher Johnson and son as well.

I'm hoping we see a few more of the weapon replicas as well. Even if they don't make them in 1:1 (some would probably be too big and complex) I hope we at least see them in the mini versions. The weapon designs from this movie are some of the best we've seen IMO.

Looking forward to the rest of you pics . . . . thanks again - Nick
Old 07-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #50
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
LOVE the overhead shot!!
Thanks rider. I'd take more if I can but the camera can't get to it from where I wanted as you can see, the rear part of the exo-suit is in the shade and that shade is caused by a life size(looks to be) promo piece of CJ's Son(little Prawn). Which was placed on top of the D-9 acrylic display case.

And speaking of that prawn kid statue/maquette. It's a very interesting piece. It's made out of probably silicon or something because I reached up and touched it, it felt SOFT and it jiggles(especially the hands) when people accidentally touched/hit the display stand. It's probably supported by an armature under the soft material. They told me that they want to see if people are interested in the piece, if they got enough requests, they just might produce it as a collectible.